Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Russell Westbrook: "European Offense Is 10 Times Better Than NBA"

http://www.eurohoops.net/featured/32...mes-better-nba

“I think one thing people don’t realize is guarding teams in Europe,” Westbrook said to “The Norman transcript“. “Their offenses are 10 times better than NBA offense just because they move around a lot. A lot of movement and not as much talent so they have to do different things to be able to score the basketball.”

Coach Billy agreed with Westbrook: “Our guys getting more comfortable [with] the pace and the rhythm and how the offenses in Europe are running and that was probably a day to get acclimated and adjusted to that, to the speed and the cutting of the game. I thought the first game (ed.note: against Real Madrid), the ball got downhill quite a bit and got in the paint. Our three-point defense wasn’t where it needed to be, probably, in both games, but it was much better [in the second]. I thought our ability to keep the ball out of the paint was really, really important. I just think that we rotated, we scrambled, we moved much better than we did to cover and rotate in certain situations.”

“I think it was a good experience for us to be able to go to Europe and be able to guard those offenses and some of the best teams,” Westbrook said. “That’s always good for us.”

==========================================

Not only do Westbrook and Donovan confirm what I have been saying here for years, that EuroLeague has much better offense than the NBA - they also have confirmed another thing I have been saying here for years.....

That this whole NBA only fan argument that "the speed of the game is much quicker in NBA" and "EuroLeague is much slower than NBA" is absolutely 100% untrue, false and incorrect.

As I have said here numerous times, the speed of the game in EuroLeague is MUCH FASTER than in the NBA, because unlike the NBA, the ball moves through the air, through passes, and not by guys dribbling the air out of the ball (like the NBA), which means the offense in EuroLeague is operated at a much, MUCH faster and quicker speed than it is in the NBA.

And Coach Donovan confirmed that also.

Finally, ALL of you retarded NBA only fans can.....

Last edited by Euroleague; 10-09-2016 at 12:57 PM.

Default Re: Russell Westbrook: "European Offense Is 10 Times Better Than NBA"

Nobody cares.

10 times? sounds legit.

Thats actually valid. NBA top 5 player confirmed it

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Thats actually valid. NBA top 5 player confirmed it
    Good thing Westbrook is not only recognized for his amazing athleticism and basketball skills, but also for his high bball IQ and understanding of complex offensive schemes. One of the smartest and best decision maker in the league

Quote Originally Posted by PistonsFan#21
    Good thing Westbrook is not only recognized for his amazing athleticism and basketball skills, but also for his high bball IQ and understanding of complex offensive schemes. One of the smartest and best decision maker in the league

[QUOTE]A lot of movement and not as much talent so they have to do different things to be able to score the basketball.

Doesnt that put even more emphasis on it, when he himself can see that European offenses are run better?

I know Euroleague is insane, but this claim is absolutely valid..

Probably, but that's because individually they're far less talented and athletic.

Doesnt that put even more emphasis on it, when he himself can see that European offenses are run better?

I know Euroleague is insane, but this claim is absolutely valid..
    Picking up on sarcasm isn't exactly your forte, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Probably, but that's because individually they're far less talented and athletic.

Is your comprehension actually that terrible?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

AutisticWater with another one

Is your comprehension actually that terrible?
    You should probably be asking yourself that question. I mean..given that you cannot tell someone is purposefully being facetious and all.

Do explain yourself though. Maybe we're all just playing catchup with a "prodigy"

You should probably be asking yourself that question. I mean..given that you cannot tell someone is purposefully being facetious and all.

Do explain yourself though. Maybe we're all just playing catchup with a "prodigy"
    Go ahead, tell me how exactly my comment lets you know I didnt catch his sarcasm. Try to explain it. Westbrook, playing a shallow offense, being able to see the difference... quite the tough one here lol