NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Default Rainbow Six Siege

Any of you FPS fans looking into getting this.

I havent played a R6 game since N64 (and that one was fcking awesome), but im probably going to give this one a shot. Looks like the closest thing to Counter-Strike in a long time.

I much prefer these smaller 5v5, 1 death type of games, than the CoD infinite lives, types.

National High School Star

Default Re: Rainbow Six Siege

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    Any of you FPS fans looking into getting this.

I havent played a R6 game since N64 (and that one was fcking awesome), but im probably going to give this one a shot. Looks like the closest thing to Counter-Strike in a long time.

I much prefer these smaller 5v5, 1 death type of games, than the CoD infinite lives, types.
    Not gonna lie, i was super keen for this, me and my bro still played Rainbow 6 on N64 & Xbox 360...

That was all till i found out the following:

Online Only
    No Single Player
    NO SPLIT SCREEN

That's what Rainbow 6 was best at, couch co-op terrorist hunt.

Damn i hate online only games..

Nah, waiting on Patriots and The Division.

Banned

I think that I got a code for a free copy of Siege with my new GPU, if I'm remembering that correctly then I'll post my impressions after giving it a go.

I got and am digging it so far. quick 15-20 minute matches. either youre defending a bomb site/hostage by barricading the room its in and setting up traps. or youre on the outside, figuring a way to access/attack the bombsite or save the hostage

fun shit

Banned

i was really looking forward to it but it sounds like there isn't much in the game. used to play the terrorist hunt on the vegas ones all the time but it sounds like they fcked it up with this game. once it goes on sale i will check it out i guess

have to say the first rainbow six vegas is very underrated, that game was very fun and addicting and was doing the unlock/progression stuff very well before call of duty did it.
    Last edited by Al Thornton; 12-07-2015 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    i was really looking forward to it but it sounds like there isn't much in the game. used to play the terrorist hunt on the vegas ones all the time but it sounds like they fcked it up with this game. once it goes on sale i will check it out i guess

have to say the first rainbow six vegas is very underrated, that game was very fun and addicting and was doing the unlock/progression stuff very well before call of duty did it.
    the complaints about the lack of content are completely understandable. but my impression from the previews were pretty much accurate. this is basically a team-oriented, strategic shooter. but its really not much more than that

i can see it being big in e-sports. the same way counter-strike still has a following today. and seeing as CS was one of my favorite games in high school, this successfully fills that void.

in short, this is far from your traditional rainbox 6 game. look at it as a more in depth counter strike (particularly CAL/clan matches)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    the complaints about the lack of content are completely understandable. but my impression from the previews were pretty much accurate. this is basically a team-oriented, strategic shooter. but its really not much more than that

i can see it being big in e-sports. the same way counter-strike still has a following today. and seeing as CS was one of my favorite games in high school, this successfully fills that void.

in short, this is far from your traditional rainbox 6 game. look at it as a more in depth counter strike (particularly CAL/clan matches)
    i get that and that's why i still want to play it but if it doesn't have anything else it's hard to justify spending $60. i can just go play counter strike right now instead.

Home of the 16

Watching Rampage Jackson play this shit. I'm gonna get into it.

Home of the 16

This game is highly underrated. If it weren't for the gimmicky classes, this game would be 9.8/10 for me. lol

Seriously, it's one of those games where you'll LOVE IT OR HATE IT. SEARCH & DESTROY ON HARDCORE MODE. Blast through walls, ceilings, steel/wooden walls. Lots of ways to die.

Next title has POTENTIAL to TOP ALL OF COD'S games COMBINED.