15 Minute Demo

2014 Extended gameplay

Starring

Sully

Elena

Nate

Sam

Story
    Set three years after the events of UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception, Nathan Drake has presumably left the world of fortune hunting behind. However, it doesn’t take long for adventure to come calling when Drake’s brother, Sam, resurfaces seeking his help to save his own life and offering an adventure Drake can’t resist.

On the hunt for Captain Henry Avery’s long-lost treasure, Sam and Drake set off to find Libertalia, the pirate utopia deep in the forests of Madagascar. UNCHARTED 4: A Thief’s End takes players on a journey around the globe, through jungle isles, urban cities and snow-capped peaks on the search for Avery’s fortune.
    Thread will be regularly updated.
    Best Game In History? TBD.

Multi-Player Trailer

Released - October 27th, 2015

PSX 2015 Trailer

Nate meeting his brother Sam; showing off the new introduction of branching dialogue.

Meet Nadine - Antagonist

Nadine Ross encounter with Nathan.

Nadine buys Sully a drink at the ball.
    Last edited by West-Side; 12-10-2015 at 09:52 AM.

Default Re: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Countdown

Looks like Arrow.

Really excited for this. Will easily be the best game I will have played in a while.

Default Re: Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Countdown **Release Date Announced**

Release Date announced.
    March 18th, 2016.

Mark your calendars, folks! We

Banned

While I'm a big fan of the series, I think Uncharted is somewhat overrated. Way too many shoot-outs. Each game can be summed up as "shoot-out, venture a small bit, shoot-out, cutscene, repeat".

One of the top games of this generation? Probably, yes. Greatest game in history? Hell no.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    While I'm a big fan of the series, I think Uncharted is somewhat overrated. Way too many shoot-outs. Each game can be summed up as "shoot-out, venture a small bit, shoot-out, cutscene, repeat".

One of the top games of this generation? Probably, yes. Greatest game in history? Hell no.
    God shut up, the gaming world would completely disagree with you.
    Uncharted 2 is easily one of the greatest games ever developed.
    It's also better than any single MGS title.

Proof?

GameRanking

Uncharted 2
    96.43% (82 reviews)
    Only Ocarina of Time, SoulCalibur, GTA V & Super Mario Galaxy are rated higher.

Phantom Pain
    95.75% (10 reviews)
    Expect that shit to go down.

Lets look at the next highest MGS game.

Sons of Liberty - 95.07% (62 reviews)
    Guns of Patriots - 93.53% (85 reviews)
    MGS 3: Subsistence - 92.97% (66 reviews)

The reason I am excited for Uncharted 4 is because Naughty Dog has two teams. The team that created Uncharted 2 also developed The Last of Us, a highly successful title. They have been working on Uncharted 4 for nearly 4 years now. That's double the time it took them to create both Uncharted 2 & TLoU.

From the footage, I have no clue how anyone can say Phantom Pain looks better. Phantom Pain might score more points because of its content and open-world but Uncharted 4's core game-play just looks way more polished to me.

You're just a silly ass MGS fan boy who has no objectivity at all. The fact that you said Uncharted 2 is by no means one of the greatest games ever developed just confirms that. Fact is the gaming world thinks otherwise and that's all that really matters.

Uncharted 2 shit on anything MGS developed and Uncharted 4 will most likely do the same; just as The Last of Us did.

All same developer.

The Last of Us - 95.70% (43 reviews)
    Basically the same score as Phantom Pain with 33 more reviews.

Both of these games are better than anything coming from camp MGS; but yet, we have guys like you claiming it's "probably" just one of the better generational games.

You're clueless bud. I actually played MGS and liked the series. Completely different games; people who like action-adventure have given Uncharted a higher regard than anything from MGS. So don't be all jelly bud and wait till March 18th; the REAL greatness awaits.

Until than you guys can enjoy Phantom Pain.

Oh, one more thing homie:

Uncharted 2 - 96 (105 critics) - 8.8 (4471 game reviews)
    Guns of Patriots - 94 (82 critics) - 8.7 (3300 game reviews)
    Phantom Pain - 95 (25 critics) - 8.7 (287 game reviews)

The Last of Us - 95 (69 critics) - 8.9 (2991 game reviews)

I'm comparing the current gen (PS3/PS4) games here.
    It's absolutely hilarious how you claim Uncharted 2 isn't one of the greatest games ever when its rank in history is top 10 among all games from all platforms including PC.

Take the "L" homie and go play some Phantom Pain.
    Enjoy.

Banned

tldr

when has anyone ever based a game's quality on game ranking? Only now because it fits your agenda. MGS is agreed to be the greatest gaming franchise ever by most people and has better scores on IGN and Gamespot, if we want to look at public opinion.

maybe base your argument on your opinion though, and not others. what's so special about uncharted? it's good, but it's not amazing. MGS beats it with its story, gameplay which is amazing because of fox engine, amount of things to do, online etc

you're defending this series as if you work for naughty dog. in fact, you've been posting nothing but negative stuff about MGS 5 in its thread to make you feel better about your precious uncharted games.

tldr

when has anyone ever based a game's quality on game ranking? Only now because it fits your agenda. MGS is agreed to be the greatest gaming franchise ever by most people and has better scores on IGN and Gamespot, if we want to look at public opinion.

maybe base your argument on your opinion though, and not others. what's so special about uncharted? it's good, but it's not amazing. MGS beats it with its story, gameplay which is amazing because of fox engine, amount of things to do, online etc

you're defending this series as if you work for naughty dog. in fact, you've been posting nothing but negative stuff about MGS 5 in its thread to make you feel better about your precious uncharted games.
    We have difference preference though.
    So the only objective way to measure which game is better is by looking at how critics view the game and the players who enjoy their respective genre.

Uncharted is an action-adventure and MGS is more like a stealth-shooter. Completely different genre.

The fact that you said MGS beats Uncharted's story just solidifies how biased you really are. Both games have terrific stories. Uncharted is known for its ability to perfectly characterize its characters and present an incredible enriching story as well. MGS focuses more on the shock factor. Their story is over the top insane but it's very intriguing.

Guns of Patriots sold 5.97 million copies.
    Uncharted 2 sold 6.61 million copies.
    The Last of Us sold 8.78 million copies (on PS3 & PS4).
    They sold 5.60 million copies and the game was only released 2 years ago.

Uncharted 2 was released before Guns of Patriots.
    So you're saying GOP is better yet it has lower critic scores, lower user scores and sold less copies.

Yeah your argument is definitely solidified.
    Keep to your subjective opinion, the consensus is pretty straight forward however: Both TLoU and U2 are considered better games than any MGS to date.

Both of those games were developed by the same team that's developing U4.
    You do the math.

The fact that you don't think Uncharted 2 is an amazing game just solidifies your bias to me.

Uncharted is notorious for three things on the PS3.

- Best graphics
    - Best characterization
    - Best story-driven game (besides maybe TLOU)

GOP simply wasn't as highly regarded on the PS3 and none of the previous titles (besides MGS2) is even considered on the same tier of greatness.

Again, I'm basing this on users who enjoy those type of games.
    The players that love MGS rated THOSE games and gave them a lower score than the users who enjoy playing Uncharted.

You trying to downgrade Uncharted to suit your personal opinion is pretty sad. Nathan Drake is pretty much the most popular protagonist during the PS3 era for a good reason.

Best game this generation? Critics sure think so, can't wait till next Friday.
    The scores are insane, despite 3-4 sites giving this game between 75-85; it is still 3rd highest rated game right now behind Uncharted 2 & GTA 4.

The amount of 100's this game is getting is insane, it's on pace to have the most perfect scores in current gen's history.

GTA 4 (48/86) 56% [definitely most overrated game in history, should have gotten around 94 overall score. San Andreas got 95 )
    Uncharted 2 (39/105) 37%
    Uncharted 3 (24/97) 25%
    Red Dead Redemption (20/73) 27%
    BioShock (34/88) 39%
    BioShock Infinite (10/33) 30%
    Arkham City (16/42) 38%
    Mass Effect 2 (30/98) 31%
    Skyrim (32/89) 36%
    Guns of the Patriots (31/82) 38%
    Gears of War (19/88) 22%
    Halo 3 (20/86) 23%

The Last Of Us (30/61) 49%
    Another poster made this post a couple of years ago.

[QUOTE]First off, I'll say one thing: best game, I have ever played in my life. No over-exaggeration, no "in-the-moment" flavor of the week feel to it; I have played this game for the first time ten months ago and just recently was undergoing chronicle boredom and decided to play a video game to kill time for a few hours; I ended up playing for thirteen hours until ten in the morning next day. Called in sick at seven in the morning after realizing how long I've played this game...

The game is brilliantly paced; you'll simultaneously shift form platform and traversal, to melee & gun play, to stealth, to puzzle solving seamlessly. Game's strongest features are its plot and brilliant technology. The visuals and audio are second to none in this game, I truly mean it. Rich audio accents compliment the visuals perfectly, not only making the loud sections boom, but also filling the quiet sections with deep aural details. Everything that can make a sound does: pipes, waterfalls, electrical wires, loose pottery, animals, distant gunfire. The vistas are breathtaking in this game and the details to the smallest of items (example: foot prints) is meticulous.
    Everything is top notch but the most intriguing part about the game is its groundbreaking cut scenes. The way the game seamlessly transitions the player from game play to cut scenes is remarkable; cut scenes are so fascinating that you will never try to skip them. Oh and those graphics are ran at 720p; not even the highest resolution available to us these days. I won't go into details; I'll let you guys experience it for yourselves. All I have to say is whether you're running on the roof of a moving train or getting hit by another car; you feel the adrenaline as if you are really there, experiencing survival first hand...fighting for your life.

The icing on the cake is definitely the sound. Explosions to footsteps to the flutter of a bird

Banned

Do you really expect me to read all that shit?

Fvck outta here. I agree that U2 is one of the best games of the last generation, but its story is always "find artifact, shoot some bad guys, and kill cursed boss at the end". MGS goes way in depth and has a story that will send a message home and blows your mind every damn time. It's amazing how you think Uncharted has a much better story then any MGS game.

What MGS have you played as a matter of interest? Snake Eater is the only game that put me on the verge of tears. That whole game is absolutely incredible. Uncharted doesn't leave that lasting effect on me, but I have fun playing it.

Also, I consider The Last of Us to be overrated too. Great fvxking game, but not the greatest as it's said to be.

Why did you bring them up anyway. I was talking about U4 and you started acting like I said something bad about all of Naughty Dog's properties.

Banned

The fact that you're picking out the best reviews to prove your point is hilarious. I could pick out a good review for NBA Live 14 and say that it's a great game because of that.

Banned

Me: Uncharted 4 won't be the greatest game ever

You: God shut up, how dare you insult GOATcharted 2

Are you two years old? Are you mad because I don't have the same opinion as you? Grow the fvxk up.

Do you really expect me to read all that shit?

Fvck outta here. I agree that U2 is one of the best games of the last generation, but its story is always "find artifact, shoot some bad guys, and kill cursed boss at the end". MGS goes way in depth and has a story that will send a message home and blows your mind every damn time. It's amazing how you think Uncharted has a much better story then any MGS game.

What MGS have you played as a matter of interest? Snake Eater is the only game that put me on the verge of tears. That whole game is absolutely incredible. Uncharted doesn't leave that lasting effect on me, but I have fun playing it.

Also, I consider The Last of Us to be overrated too. Great fvxking game, but not the greatest as it's said to be.

Why did you bring them up anyway. I was talking about U4 and you started acting like I said something bad about all of Naughty Dog's properties.
    I brought up ND's other games for a specific reason, as I've already explained to you. But my guess is you aren't aware of their team so I'll explain again. ND has two teams, they work on a project basis. The team that created Uncharted 2 and TLoU are the same team that is developing Uncharted 4. The other team developed Drake Fortune and Drake's Deception.

Why were you excited about Phantom Pain like a year ago? Because you expected greatness, right? Because they have never disappointed you.

I feel the same way about Uncharted 4 and from the gameplay (and everything else I've read about the game) it will be spectacular. I really have no doubt. That's why I brought up the other two games and the acclaim they received from both critics and players.

I think MGS is extremely overrated and it comes from the fact that I've barely beaten any of them, besides Snake Eater and MGS 2. I just don't like slow paced games involving stealth, so that's where our preference differ.

You've explained how you think both U2 & TLoU are overrated and I have similar sentiments towards MGS.

So you "laughed" at me when I said Uncharted 4 will be better than Phantom Pain. Using average critic ratings and average ratings given to these respective games by the users is the only real way we can objectively measure the success of those games, right?

I mean, we can debate all day long by sharing our subjective opinions and claim "MGS is better than Uncharted, and vice versa."

That type of debate won't get us anywhere, really.

The fact that you're picking out the best reviews to prove your point is hilarious. I could pick out a good review for NBA Live 14 and say that it's a great game because of that.
    This post doesn't even make sense.
    I posted the AVERAGE scores from both critics and users for all the games. I didn't just "choose" high scores for Uncharted 2.

The fact is, both U2 & TLoU had more reviews than any MGS title to date. They STILL have a higher score from BOTH critics and users than any MGS title to date. As we both know, the more reviews a movie or a game gets from critics or users; the rating usually drops.

I've simply used sales revenue, critic scores and user scores to demonstrate to you why I feel as though Uncharted 4 will be better than Phantom Pain and any other MGS game.

Once again, Uncharted 2 & TLoU are two games that Naughty Dog has developed that are better than any MGS in history.

I love when fan-boys get upset when I bring up these scores.
    This is actually a very objective way to evaluate which game is better; omitting preferential bias.

Hope you're enjoying Phantom Pain bruh.
    Last edited by West-Side; 09-02-2015 at 09:55 AM.