Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Good college starter EricGordon23's Avatar

Default Re: Kelly Olynyk 100% ROY

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    McLemore has no shot, Thornton will play the majority of min's at SG and he will have a hard time if he has to play SF. He will have big games but he won't be anywhere near consistent in terms of playing time and production like Zeller/Kelly and some others imo.
    Totally forgot about Thornton. Didn't get to see much of zeller so I don't have an opinion on him.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EricGordon23
    Totally forgot about Thornton. Didn't get to see much of zeller so I don't have an opinion on him.
    I just assume Zeller since his competition @PF/C is Bismak Biyombo which is basically no competition at all. So I suspect he should see plenty of time playing next to Al and when Big Al is off the floor as well.

I hope so.

Banned

I agree

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    If he was so good then why didn't OKC draft him? They've made pretty much the correct pick with every draft pick since taking KD.

Dude isn't strong enough to bang in the post. Many PG's put up more reps than the guy. He has a short wingspan. Is a bad defender. With his lack of athleticism he's not going to have much success unless he can perfect his footwork and develop a Dirk like one footer to compensate for that.

Just too many question marks with him. Steven Adams will be a boss in 2-3 years. 10/10/2 type of guy
    Weren't OKC planning to trade for Cole Aldrich back in 2010 thinking he could be a good starter for them in the future? Look at him now, he's a ****ing scrub.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Olynek will fall into the long line of big white guy floor stretchers, like Bill Wennington and Bill Lambier. Even Kevin Love, who's pretty much those guys, plus a massive rebounder.

He'll be a better defender than people think. He's got a notion of where to to be defensively, he just won't be able to physically get there all the time because his feet will just never be quite quick enough, and in spite of his height, he isn't quite long enough to make up for the quickness gap. But he'll be fine down there.

He'll be a great pick and pop option because he sets a good screen. And he'll be deceptively taking guys off the bounce because people will have to come at him because of the jumper. He's craftier around the basket than one might think too.
    My guess is he'll be the type of guy who looks like an all star for a week, then everyone will hate for a week. Because he's so reliant on the jumper, which even for the best, can be a bit fickle. And when it doesn't fall, his off the bounce game will suffer terribly. And while he'll be good on the block because he's diverse, he's not going to be terribly consistent there either, because he won't be able to just physically impose himself that often. Those crafty type of games can be a little fickle too.

Adams I couldn't stand. I saw him a couple times at Pitt and just didn't get it at all. You can be as fast as you want, but if your head is a second slow, it'll never matter. Whatever physical advantages he has will be washed away by just not knowing the game, and I'm not sure it's possible to learn the more nuanced parts of it once your past a certain stage in your development.

Local High School Star SpurrDurr's Avatar

Oladipo will be the ROY imho.

Banned

he has planar fascitis, rookie year he will not be so good

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpurrDurr
    Oladipo will be the ROY imho.
    Agree. But Olynik looks incredibly polished for his age. If he can add at least a bit of athleticism, he'll be a very good player. Could see him turning into maybe something like a 15/8 sidekick to an athletic guard first option.

Lol who cant bust out post moves against summer league players? Lets see what happens when he tries that shit against Tyson Chandler, or Ibaka, Jordan, etc

I just realized the celtics are gonna have Kelly Olynyk as their defensive anchor

Lols and posters will be had

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

it's wide open. I lean more towards a guard getting it than a big. Maybe Oladipo or Mclemore.

Im a big Olynyk fan, hopefully he will have a nice solid rookie season with plenty of minutes and development. I dont expect him to win ROY
    Last edited by salwan; 08-10-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
    I just realized the celtics are gonna have Kelly Olynyk as their defensive anchor

Lols and posters will be had
    Lols and posters will be had when we get Andrew Wiggins.

I am your soldier!

He'll average like 15/6. That Celtics roster has so many holes and needs scoring, so he'll get a lot of touches.

People were hating on this pick (I'm looking at you Shade!), but he'll be very solid and better than Bass once he gets in the swing of things.

Obviously he's a finesse guy, should play the 4 but Ainge won't pick up any legit centers so he'll get abused by some real bigs.

He has some of the best footwork of any rookie big right now.