Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast
    I rule the local playground game385's Avatar

Default Does anyone 25 and over actually think Kobe, LeBron, or Wade is better than MJ?

I maybe wrong, but I typically assume that anyone who passionately believes and argues that Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, or anyone else is better than Michael Jordan is just some dumb ass kid who never saw MJ play.

How many grown ass men here (or women), who actually saw MJ play during the 80s and or 90s actually believe that one of these guys is better?

I'll admit that I may never fully appreciate the games of Magic, Bird, Julius Erving, Oscar Robertson and a host of other players that played before my time. However, I respect their legacies and what I've learned from those who know first hand and came before me. (The difference is, even those older guys who watched Magic, Bird, Oscar, etc play in their prime... still admit that MJ was the greatest.
    Last edited by game385; 05-30-2011 at 11:45 PM.

Default Re: Does anyone 25 and over actually think Kobe, LeBron, or Wade is better than MJ?

I'm 28. MJ was better than all of them

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Does anyone 25 and over actually think Kobe, LeBron, or Wade is better than MJ?

I'm four and I just made stinkies in my pants.

I'm 26. There will never be another MJ.

I'm 71. Kobe, Bron, and Wade are better than MJ.

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by adri41
    I'm 26. There will never be another MJ.
    I'm 27. I hope there will be a player better than MJ in the future (we can't say it won't happen), but Kobe, Lebron and Wade are not that player.

Talent wise? Yes. But for the time, the circumstances, the way he played and the way he dominated...Michael Jordan defines the NBA to me.

Banned

Didn't you hear pippen Lebron is better than MJ and is the GOAT.

Banned

Talent wise? Yes. But for the time, the circumstances, the way he played and the way he dominated...Michael Jordan defines the NBA to me.
    Suck his d1ck already dam.

Banned

Nope.

There is a reason MJ is regarded by the GOAT by just about everyone who has played pro basketball. Only some armchair warriors like those here on ISH think otherwise.

I'm almost 29, Jordan no doubt.

It makes me cringe when people try and convince others that Player A is better than MJ, it is like hearing the screech on a chalkboard

I rule the local playground game385's Avatar

Depends on ur definition of talent... U know that old saying. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. Some of these guys of the newer generation are perhaps every bit the athlete that MJ was but by all accounts MJ was not only the best athlete/player, he was the hardest worker as well.

To me, Kobe is the Michael mirror, but an imperfect reflection at best. Not quite the athlete. Not quite the talent. Not quite the will... Close but no cigar.

LeBron is an athletic freak but for all the other intangibles that encompass greatness in the NBA, MJ defines for me as well...

Dwyane Wade is a talented basketball player better than most. Perhaps in the 95th percentile. But if Wade is in the 95th percentile, MJ is in the 99.99999th percentile...
    Last edited by game385; 05-30-2011 at 11:03 PM.

Banned

This is me im 63. Yes those 3 are better than Jordan.

None of them were better as players (talent-skill) or had better careers. But..

In terms of career, Kobe is the closest.

In terms of talent-skill-productions, Lebron is the closest and actually very close (but somewhat different game/player). Some might even favor Lebron in this department, like these guys called Scottie Pippen, Oscar Robertson for example.

/A guy who is kindof over 25. :)
    Last edited by sh0wtime; 05-30-2011 at 11:11 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu

This is me im 63. Yes those 3 are better than Jordan.
    MJ in today's league = Poor mans Tony allen?