Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Default Re: Why does Abbott's article have so many people shook?

Wait...AW is a Abbott stan now?

Makes a whole lotta sense.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    honestly, its disrespectful.
    How? Did he say Kobe wasn't an all time great? The article was about how Kobe's personality and off court antics have hurt the Lakers franchise. Kobe's game has to be respected, but being respected as a man is something that is earned, not given just because you are good at a sport.

Very good NBA starter

Abbott has been trying to turn things around since the summer of 2010, when the world (according to him) was upside down.

Kobe had just become a 5 time champion and was more beloved than ever, while Lebron was the most hated player in the world.

Now he thinks he's about to complete his "mission" to flip this around.

Kobe is in a vulnerable position and Lebron has returned to Cleveland.

The latest Henry Abbott video.

If things go wrong in Cleveland it's all Kyrie Irving fault:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...ings-challenge

Repent Scott Raab!!!

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...lebrons-return

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    How? Did he say Kobe wasn't an all time great? The article was about how Kobe's personality and off court antics have hurt the Lakers franchise. Kobe's game has to be respected, but being respected as a man is something that is earned, not given just because you are good at a sport.
    1. Don't give me that respected as a man thing in this context. You don't know Kobe and neither do I. That is not for me to judge.

2. But this is an attack on his legacy as a basketball player that other players of similar pedigree never had to deal with. On top of that, its it not true. Its a hack job written by a guy who has spent his career twisting plays by Kobe Bryant to fit some narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    Abbott has been trying to turn things around since the summer of 2010, when the world (according to him) was upside down.

Kobe had just become a 5 time champion and was more beloved than ever, while Lebron was the most hated player in the world.

Now he thinks he's about to complete his "mission" to flip this around.

Kobe is in a vulnerable position and Lebron has returned to Cleveland.

The latest Henry Abbott video.

If things go wrong in Cleveland it's all Kyrie Irving fault:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...ings-challenge

Repent Scott Raab!!!

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...lebrons-return
    Well Lebron is a proven winner. Kyrie isn't.

Hey AW, let's just say LeBron wins a couple championships in Cleveland and towards the end of his career his team starts to decline... kinda like Kobe's Lakers right now. What if Abbott made an article titled "Is LeBron James the reason for the Cleveland Cavaliers' downfall". I seriously think you'd hate Abbott after that, and you'd be "shook". In all honesty, I feel like you don't mind his Kobe article because you don't like Kobe and absolutely love LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    1. Don't give me that respected as a man thing in this context. You don't know Kobe and neither do I. That is not for me to judge.

2. But this is an attack on his legacy as a basketball player that other players of similar pedigree never had to deal with. On top of that, its it not true. Its a hack job written by a guy who has spent his career twisting plays by Kobe Bryant to fit some narrative.
    We don't know Kobe, but based on what several of his former teammates and others who have encountered him have said, I'm not gonna give him the benefit of the doubt. It would be one thing if just one or two people had said negative things about him, but when tons of people all have similar complaints about Kobe that span nearly 2 decades it is obvious that the guy has some serious issues.
    As for the story not being true, how do you know? You said yourself that you don't know Kobe. I don't know if the story is true, but based on things that the public has heard about Kobe for years, the story isn't exactly hard to believe.

I don't know when OP turned from a decent poster into a full-time troll, but I'm guessing it's because the regular season is about to start.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    We don't know Kobe, but based on what several of his former teammates and others who have encountered him have said, I'm not gonna give him the benefit of the doubt. It would be one thing if just one or two people had said negative things about him, but when tons of people all have similar complaints about Kobe that span nearly 2 decades it is obvious that the guy has some serious issues.
    As for the story not being true, how do you know? You said yourself that you don't know Kobe. I don't know the story is true, but based on things that the public has heard about Kobe for years, the story isn't exactly hard to believe.
    I'm not taking the bait. If you think you can judge a person on media blurbs from co-workers then that is on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Hey AW, let's just say LeBron wins a couple championships in Cleveland and towards the end of his career his team starts to decline... kinda like Kobe's Lakers right now. What if Abbott made an article titled "Is LeBron James the reason for the Cleveland Cavaliers' downfall". I seriously think you'd hate Abbott after that, and you'd be "shook". In all honesty, I feel like you don't mind his Kobe article because you don't like Kobe and absolutely love LeBron.
    Mostly because LeBron doesn't have a history of feuding with teammates...

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    I don't know when OP turned from a decent poster into a full-time troll, but I'm guessing it's because the regular season is about to start.
    Sure you didn't say this already months ago? And then later you were like "I thought we get along" Its okay... Your side has alot more annoying pests, led by HCJ, droid, etc.

The article alone points out alot of things that have been repeatedly mentioned with Kobe, and like Abbott said on NNL, he has basically collected quotes from People inside the league.... And released them.

Do I dislike Kobe? Probably, there's stuff to dislike... You hate Durant, I'm sure you have your reasons. I would never blatantly open up a thread to critizise Kobe out of nowhere, like you wouldn't with KD. This however is an article that has garnered heavy Attention lately... Look around the front page, multiple threads BY LAKER fans about it... While I merely agreed with the premise of it, giving my reasoning, the article had People SO in shock People came from everywhere... Nobody really refuted any Points, besides a Paul George Quote or something?..

Looks like OP is in for another early night.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Nobody really refuted any Points, besides a Paul George Quote or something?..
    https://twitter.com/PhilJackson11/st...78101989851136

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Be fair guys!.. LeBron is an all time great, please cut him some slack!

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Looks like OP is in for another early night.
    Considering its 2.30 in the morning, again, I could go to sleep any time... You're trying to make something big out of me logging off for sleep at 6 in the morning? REALLY? Okayyyyy

Laker fans, man.... Annoying pests.

Phil Jackson: Go get 'em, Flea!

Dat Quote

If he really had to say something, why would PHIL JACKSON, hold back?