Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Thibs gonna Thibs

Quote Originally Posted by NattyPButter
    Tuned in late with 20secs left in game to see Bulls starters on the damn floor trying win a preseason game...WTF.
    trying to win or simply using this moment as a means to gauge the team's ability to execute, as a tool to learn each others tendencies etc?

These guys are pros. Thibs isn't here to cuddle with them and make sure their legs don't hurt. He's hired to win games, and he gets paid well each game for it. I don't blame him for coaching how he does. He pushes his players like his job and their job depends on it. The reality of the situation is just that. Injuries will happen regardless of how careful you are anyway.

it isn't just about preventing injuries though. it's also about giving your bench enough burn so that when playoffs come, they're dependable enough that they don't give up leads.

you saw how it was with the Spurs. the bench and even the 3rd stringers were ready to play. they weren't some unprepared bunch that had jitters in them.

playing your bench gives them valuable experience, helps them grow, and in turn strengthens your whole squad.

maybe he should let your dumb ass coach the team instead. there's a reason he's coach and you're not.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    it isn't just about preventing injuries though. it's also about giving your bench enough burn so that when playoffs come, they're dependable enough that they don't give up leads.

you saw how it was with the Spurs. the bench and even the 3rd stringers were ready to play. they weren't some unprepared bunch that had jitters in them.

playing your bench gives them valuable experience, helps them grow, and in turn strengthens your whole squad.

Our bench has always got plenty of burn. We had the "Bench Mob" from 2010-2012. Retooled in 2013 with Nate Rob and Belinelli. And now for 2014/2015 we've restocked with McBuckets, Hinrich, Mirotic. Bulls will be a deep team that spreads the minutes if our guys stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    I think Thibs is a great coach, top 3 in the league for sure. But it's hard to deny that he ought to rest his guys a bit more to prevent them from getting run down.

Pop is a master at this, which is a big part of the reason why guys like Patty Mills can make an impact in the playoffs, (because they got a lot of run in the season and are integrated into the offense) and also why the old guys are so fresh for games in May and June.
    Agreed.

I rule the local playground Chicago Brawls's Avatar

Damn, you had me worried. Very worried.

Until I actually checked that Mcdermott leads the Bulls in minutes, playing under 30 a game.

National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    trying to win or simply using this moment as a means to gauge the team's ability to execute, as a tool to learn each others tendencies etc?

Seeing how well your starters execute at the end of a game vs back ups and 3rd strings is not something that will happen during regular season games.

Thibs showed bad sportsmanship. Just like the when the Heat pulled their starters in, our back up and 3rd string held in there.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Thibs knows coaches get fired for losing games, not playing top guys into the ground.

It is somewhat stupid what he's doing, but he's coaching for himself and I can't blame him for that.

He's a good coach, I like defense oriented teams and I think he's very good at instilling that defensive/soldier like mindset into his team.

To contrast i feel like the cavs starters have barely played at all. I don't think one starter has played one minute in the fourth, and most if not all are done midway through the third.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    starting to understand why Rose didn't want to comeback

Thibs running a plantation out there

Banned

getting ready to run this team in to the dirt

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richesly
    Seeing how well your starters execute at the end of a game vs back ups and 3rd strings is not something that will happen during regular season games.

Thibs showed bad sportsmanship. Just like the when the Heat pulled their starters in, our back up and 3rd string held in there.

You play against whoever the other team puts out.

You just execute the game plan. And it worked. If Jimmy B hits a GW sometime during the season we can all point back to this game being the reason why he was able to pull it off.