Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    College superstar

Default Re: NBA 2K15 worth getting this year?

Nate Archibald, Bernard King, Dave Cowens, Connie Hawkins, Bob Pettit, and David Thompson are in the Game. Imma buy it off the Strength of that alone.

You can't create teams on this game right?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    Nate Archibald, Bernard King, Dave Cowens, Connie Hawkins, Bob Pettit, and David Thompson are in the Game. Imma buy it off the Strength of that alone.
    But seemingly only usable in MyTeam mode though, yes?

National High School Star lakers_forever's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
    Thanks a lot! Never heard of it. Great tool.

I'm getting 40 to 45 fps during the game with everything on maximum except crowd and anti aliasing. Good enough for me. Game looks beautiful. Crazy how you can see players sweat and all.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    But seemingly only usable in MyTeam mode though, yes?

Unfortunately yes. I wish they would have put Bernard King's 1984 Knicks team, and Bob Pettit's St. Louis Hawks team that upsetted the Celtics in that game.

College superstar

They have Rick Barry in My Team mode also. I wish they would have put Rick Barry's championship Warriors team in the game, so I could put Rick Barry, Butch Beard, Jamal Wilkes, and Clifford Ray against Run TMC's Warriors.

They put George Muresaan in the game also, but still no Juwon Howard nor Chris Webber? I remember they had prime Bullets Chris Webber and prime Juwon Howard on 2k5 and they were ****ing unstoppable in the post offense together in that game.

2k12 was the best game retro legends wise though, because they had all the legends players that really mattered like Bucks era Kareem Abdul Jabbar. Buck's Kareem was an automatic 2 points in 2k12 and i missed using him in that game, because i could cheese through easy wins using his skyhook, and he can even knock down turnaround fadeaways in the post also. They had Orlando Woolridge in 2k12 also, and he was fun as hell to use because he would do a different type of dunk every time you dunked the ball with him.

Wish they would put the early 80s spurs with George Gervin, Larry Kennon, Mike Mitchell, Ron Boone, and Artis Gilmore in the game also. That would have been a really fun team to use also.

I wished that early 90s Nets team would have made the cut in 2k15 also. Prime Kenny Anderson, prime Derrick Coleman, Drazen Petrovic, and Chris Morris.
    Last edited by MiseryCityTexas; 10-12-2014 at 03:23 AM.

I just got it and i can't figure out how you insert a created player into the roster so you can use him in My League, etc. I made the roster changes but the new roaster won't load . What am i doing wrong?

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Yeah.
    My team mode is very addicting

so far my squad is
    S Curry
    M Ellis
    Zach Lavine ( he's a monster dunking in this game), Harrison Barnes, T Ross ( dont know who to play at SF so been trying all 3
    Amare
    Andre drummond he can reb like a motha

NBA sixth man of the year

From everything I've read, if you still have a PS3 or 360 its not worth it because they barely changed anything and they didn't get most of the new modes that the current gen systems go. I have 2K14 and have all the rosters from the guys at Operation Sports and their rosters are ALWAYS better than 2K's so technically I've been playing 2K15 for months already...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    You can't create teams on this game right?
    I forget which modes but I know in some modes you can take an existing franchise and change it's uniforms and name etc. I'm pretty sure that's still in this years edition.

I've been playing a lot of MyTeam domination mode - now that I'm half way the 3 stars are getting hard to obtain in every game. I'm struggling with getting 700 points or more on a consistant basis.

I also find that playing D is frustrating since the CPU always holds on to the ball for 23 sec before hitting a contested mid-range jumper. Goes in 80-90% of the time.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by dannywpt
    I've been playing a lot of MyTeam domination mode - now that I'm half way the 3 stars are getting hard to obtain in every game. I'm struggling with getting 700 points or more on a consistant basis.

I also find that playing D is frustrating since the CPU always holds on to the ball for 23 sec before hitting a contested mid-range jumper. Goes in 80-90% of the time.
    This sounds like a classic case of 2K overdoing something. For years, people have complained that the CPU doesn't take enough mid-range jump shots, although if you use a custom roster, that problem doesn't exist.......

Quote Originally Posted by Demitri98
    I got it for PC. I was expecting a hard copy disc, but instead got a card with a Steam code on it. Therefore, I had to download Steam, which is a very large program, just for 2K15. After it took 14 hours of install time with several unexpected stoppages (finally completed installation after about 2 days), I started the game up only for it to crash after 4 seconds. This went on for a couple more days until it finally kept running. The new menu was extremely confusing, and it took me almost 10 minutes to figure out how to navigate it properly. When I got in the game, it was running no more than ~10 FPS, and I was constantly getting blown by by centers like Hibbert because of my immobility due to ridiculous FPS. The sounds were very bumpy, to the point where i turned all sound off. I tried turning down the graphics as best i could. It ran smoothly after that, but half the players' skins were glitched out.

I haven't played it in 2 days now, instead reverting to 2K14 again. Unless something changes, this was the biggest waste of money on a game that I have ever spent.
    Try upgrading to Windows xp

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    Are there a lot of improvements/new features or just a re-skinning of the previous version? Thinking about getting Live for a change...
    go get it for free, you know where.