Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default NBA 2K15 worth getting this year?

Are there a lot of improvements/new features or just a re-skinning of the previous version? Thinking about getting Live for a change...

Default Re: NBA 2K15 worth getting this year?

No, don't.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

it's worth it if you are getting it for the next gen consoles. If you are getting it for ps3 360 i'd say no.

source: i bought it for ps3.

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    Are there a lot of improvements/new features or just a re-skinning of the previous version? Thinking about getting Live for a change...
    Didn't they originally plan to release Live the same day as 2k15, but then had to push back their release date to "polish up" their game? Too many center court crucifixions again?

I loved Live back in the day. Live was hands-down number 1 from 95-2006ish for me. When 2k first came out, it was exclusive to Sega Dreamcast, which was essentially a disaster waiting to happen. But I'd say since 2006, or the advent of PS3, Live hasn't put out any product even comparable to 2k.

NBA Superstar

If one is hellbent on buying a basketball game this year, I believe 2K would be the product worth acquiring over Live. There hasn't been much released about Live at this point, and that's typically not a great thing. It looks like they could be on the right track, but are still likely multiple years away.

2K15 on the other hand, is once again experiencing heavy internet connectivity problems. Thankfully, their franchise mode is offline this year (it was forced online in 2K14) so MyLeague and Quick Games function regardless of internet connection. Also, rosters are now saved offline (again, they weren't last year) so I believe those are still accessible.

However, MyPlayer (or MyCareer) is still online dependent, even though the core of the mode is all played in an offline manner. As such, as long as the internet is struggling in 2K, players cannot play their MyPlayer and it seems they're having their face scans erased. And obviously, all online dependent activity is not functioning as long as connectivity issues exist. Even when the internet was working, I had heard many complaints about input lag (i.e. in online contests, a player would press the shoot button, but a response would be quite delayed, making effective gameplay difficult).

I'm getting it not just because of new features, but the online support community moves with every release and is gradually moving to next gen.

Last season it was hard enough trying to find decent rosters for the 2K14 in PS3. I can imagine it being much harder now

basketball games suck

buy fifa instead

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease m y t i n's Avatar

Worth getting even if I already have 2K14 on next gen???

Quote Originally Posted by jzek

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

I got in on PC

it's finally like the next gen version with faster loading times

there's a bit of shuttering but that will get fixed

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets
    Didn't they originally plan to release Live the same day as 2k15, but then had to push back their release date to "polish up" their game? Too many center court crucifixions again?

I loved Live back in the day. Live was hands-down number 1 from 95-2006ish for me. When 2k first came out, it was exclusive to Sega Dreamcast, which was essentially a disaster waiting to happen. But I'd say since 2006, or the advent of PS3, Live hasn't put out any product even comparable to 2k.
    Dreamcast wasn't bad at all. All I have now is the gamecube and xbox 360. Not going to update my consoles since I literally haven't played my 360 for 4 months. Trying to get my hands on an old n64 and buy goldeneye, smash bros, and mario kart.
    Last edited by NBAplayoffs2001; 10-10-2014 at 12:15 PM.

If you have a next gen console (PS4 or XBox One) the it absolutely is a must get. It's not nearly as on-line dependent, 30 team control is back, you can save rosters and MyLeague and MyGM files to the hard drive and there's a lot more customizable features for MyLeague/Association mode.

It is a HUGE upgrade over the shit 2K14 product they rushed to get out for the next gen consoles last year.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I'm going to get it for XB1 on Christmas. Worked out perfectly in the sense that this is my first Christmas having an XB1 and I only get a 2K game every other year and the one I have currently is 2k13.

NBA Superstar

Story on 2K's online issues thus far: http://kotaku.com/nba-2k15-players-r...ogr-1644506972

Aside from online-related aspects, I've heard very good things.

So is 2k15 for PS3/360 pretty much the same as 2k14?