Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #31
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Fire Avery Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Avery's an excellent coach. I love what he's doing with their defense obviously, but offensively he's got a good mindset.

They needed to establish Brook Lopez, get some cutting action towards the basket which Johnson and Wallace. Calls plays when he needs to...plays that resemble the motion you got from Utah's system. Allows isolation when either Deron, Johnson, or Lopez/Blatche gets hot, and allows his 100 million dollar pg to call whatever or do whatever he choose the other half of the game.

The problem is that Avery cannot coach that style. He has a very Jeff Van Gundy style of approach to the game. Avery can coach the hell out of defense, with good pick and roll defense, out-of-bounds defense, and everything in between. However his offense is just dump it into to Brook or let Joe/Deron iso until a team figures out a way to prevent either. After that it's just ugly. It's a very one-dimensional offense because it doesn't really utilize cuts or slip screens or pick and rolls. Most players are just relying on their individual talents rather than a team talent.

I do not like the move because it signals to potential hires that they're on a short leash. The top tier coaches will flee if they think there is no safety with the job. However, I wanted him fired for awhile too but was willing to wait for the rest of the season to play out (e.g. getting swept in the first round).

This is a move that the Lakers can do and get away with. We're the Nets, we're not allowed to fire and hire coaches at will. Oh well. If we do get a new coach I'd like to see Nate McMillan or have Byron Scott come back.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:11 AM   #32
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster5k
Firing Avery Johnson isn't going to make this team any better. Probably will make them worse. Avery is a decent coach. Doubt the Nets can find a better replacement. I'm sure if they could they would already have that person. Nets aren't going anywhere anytime soon if or if not they fire Avery Johnson.

Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:17 AM   #33
Brook(lyn)Lopez
Good High School Starter

Brook(lyn)Lopez has not been impressing people

PJ for COY
Brook(lyn)Lopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:19 AM   #34
Pushxx
Pushxx

Pushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPushxx is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets

Do you bookmark all Nets threads and jerk off to them all night with all of them open in tabs?
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:20 AM   #35
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushxx
Do you bookmark all Nets threads and jerk off to them all night with all of them open in tabs?

Of course not, but this one is one of my favorite threads. I bumped it quite many times when Avery I-DONT-KNOW-HOW-TO-COACH Johnson was our head coach.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: