Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Kobe drops hint about retirement?

Quote Originally Posted by StarJordan
    >He's a legend whether you want to admit it or not.

if he's a legend, then robert horry and allen iverson are legends too..

I hate Kobe Bryant... but come off it, man.

Dunking on everybody in the park Court Vision's Avatar

I am willing to bet you are new to basketball.

Iverson IS a legend.

Horry is a legend in his own miniscule regard. He contributed on many winning teams, and as much as many of us want to discredit him, he 'played' on chip teams.

Well here's another one...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    If I had to take a guess, Kobe is going to retire by 35-36. Kobe really doesn't have much left in the tank anymore. I didn't see him falling off so fast again but I guess this is why people should wait till the end of the season and the end of the post-season to their rankings on the best and worst players in the league. Kobe was probably #1 and #2 to a lot of people 3-4 weeks ago and now this guy is probably not even top 5 to some people anymore.
    He's 34 this year. Averaging 29 a game at this age and you think he's gonna retire by next season or the year after that?

Banned

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    He's 34 this year. Averaging 29 a game at this age and you think he's gonna retire by next season or the year after that?
    Actually Kobe is 33 right now but next season he will be 34. I think he has 2-3 seasons left, maybe 4.

the first two years after kobe's retirement will give the NBA a very eerie feeling

I might go as far as to say that I will probably lose some interest in the game. It just aint the same without kobe, because by the time he retires, we would have lost Tim Duncan, Grant Hill, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Paul Pierce, KG, Ray Allen etc
    Last edited by Xover; 02-05-2012 at 03:44 AM.

GOAT player.
    When he retires... definitely in the Top 15 All-Time.

I kinda think he is the type to play till he is old though... I may not be a Kobe fan but I know he enjoys playing the game and he is the type who will want to break more scoring list records so... yeah he wont be retiring until he really has too.
    Last edited by 32Dayz; 02-05-2012 at 07:06 AM.

It could be soon. But then again MJ played till 40. So Kobe could be around for 6 more seasons. Who knows. I do think eventually that u will see more of the legends play into their 40's. Technology and medicine dictates that guys if they are healthy and willing can play at a very good level in their 40's. MJ in my book was at minimum top 10 (Im sure even higher)SF even at 40 years old. Especially when u look at it in the all around sense. When u have complete scoring arsenals and all around games like MJ and Kobe, it lends itself to this kind of shit if the body is healthy enough.

But at the same time, its often family issues and the mental strain that makes guys retire. And rightfully so.

Serious playground baller LakersFan626's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    If I had to take a guess, Kobe is going to retire by 35-36. Kobe really doesn't have much left in the tank anymore. I didn't see him falling off so fast again but I guess this is why people should wait till the end of the season and the end of the post-season to their rankings on the best and worst players in the league. Kobe was probably #1 and #2 to a lot of people 3-4 weeks ago and now this guy is probably not even top 5 to some people anymore.
    Kobe's definitely still in the top 5... it's very hard to say that LeBron, Wade, Durant, etc. are better than Kobe because Kobe's mental edge is unparalleled and he's still averaging almost 30 a game in his 16th season while having a wrist injury. Plus Kobe's a proven winner, which LeBron isn't yet.

I look at more than just PPG and efficiency when rating the best player in the league (and many players still say Kobe's the best).

Quote Originally Posted by LakersFan626
    Kobe's definitely still in the top 5... it's very hard to say that LeBron, Wade, Durant, etc. are better than Kobe because Kobe's mental edge is unparalleled and he's still averaging almost 30 a game in his 16th season while having a wrist injury. Plus Kobe's a proven winner, which LeBron isn't yet.

I look at more than just PPG and efficiency when rating the best player in the league (and many players still say Kobe's the best).
    Mental edge?
    He sucked terribly in the 08 Finals costing his team any chance of winning that year.
    He sucked terribly in the 4 Finals wins in 2010 and needed to be carried by Gasol in 3/4 games and Fisher in the other game.

Where is this Mental edge?

Kobe is not a proven winner.
    The LA franchise is a proven winner and the fact that he played on teams that included Prime/Peak Shaq and then Peak Gasol / Prime Odom as a 3rd man and Bynum + a deep bench with Phil Jackson and some battle tested veterans is the reason why he is a winner.

DWade and certainly Lebron are both better players that simply haven't had the luxury of being surrounded by good casts their entire career and they didn't have the GOAT Center and arguably GOAT player in Prime/Peak Shaq for 8 years.

Get off his nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by 32Dayz
    Mental edge?
    He sucked terribly in the 08 Finals costing his team any chance of winning that year.
    He sucked terribly in the 4 Finals wins in 2010 and needed to be carried by Gasol in 3/4 games and Fisher in the other game.

Where is this Mental edge?

Kobe is not a proven winner.
    The LA franchise is a proven winner and the fact that he played on teams that included Prime/Peak Shaq and then Peak Gasol / Prime Odom as a 3rd man and Bynum + a deep bench with Phil Jackson and some battle tested veterans is the reason why he is a winner.

DWade and certainly Lebron are both better players that simply haven't had the luxury of being surrounded by good casts their entire career and they didn't have the GOAT Center and arguably GOAT player in Prime/Peak Shaq for 8 years.

Get off his nuts.
    Man........ just fukk your opinion.

Can't you just shut up ?

Banned

I wonder what the hell he will do with his life once he retires from the NBA. I don't think he has many interests outside of the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by NoName22
    Man........ just fukk your opinion.

Can't you just shut up ?
    Because someone has to post the truth.

ok ill try it your way *puts on mental blindfold* Kobe played with trash his entire Career and single handedly carried his 5 championship teams in the playoffs and in the finals providing consistently legendary performances all 5 years.

He is truly the GOAT and better then Jordan,Shaq, Kareem and everyone else.

Banned

32 dayz, can you point us to 3 separate accounts who have all said kobe is better than jordan kareem or shaq?

I'll wait.

Somehow I think there's one idiot who pops in to say kobe best player of all time like once a month and disappears and then 20 accounts pop up which do nothing but trash kobe to make up for this one post. It's insane.