Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default SNL's Jeremy Lin sketch

http://deadspin.com/5886296/

Wow. An actual SNL sketch with some astute observations about the current double standard of Political Correctness. And it was actually kinda funny.

It's ok to make fun of Asians, but NEVER joke about black people.

Impressed.

Default Re: SNL's Jeremy Lin sketch

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    http://deadspin.com/5886296/

Wow. An actual SNL sketch with some astute observations about the current double standard of Political Correctness. And it was actually kinda funny.

It's ok to make fun of Asians, but NEVER joke about black people.

Impressed.
    You sound stupid as hell.

People joke on blacks all the time. Before Obama was potus, it was anti american to make jokes during war.....after Obama that went out the door. This whole board mocks and diminishes blacks all the time. There used to be a "hey let's look at how stupid black people act" thread on the first page of the OTC everyday.

The jokes about Lin's race or heritage are distasteful and corny....especially the puns. ESPN took down the line about ****** in the armor hours after it was posted.

Stop making bullshit claims without backing them up.....if you want to make jokes about blacks or Asians behind your computer no one is stopping you but don't act like blacks are protected or unreasonably sensitive about race.
    Last edited by Go Getter; 02-19-2012 at 01:07 PM.

I cracked up a little when he said "Kobe's like, "Hey, I ordered fried chicken."

I enjoyed it. Definitely (As an Afro-American myself) I do find it funny how quickly some of the blacks around me get offended whenever a White person makes a black joke or uses the "N" word ( Especially considering that they use it half of the time) . It's actually funny cause I have asian friends, White friends and Spanish friends and we make race jokes about each other all the time and we all find overly sensitive people extremely annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    I enjoyed it. Definitely (As an Afro-American myself) I do find it funny how quickly some of the blacks around me get offended whenever a White person makes a black joke or uses the "N" word ( Especially considering that they use it half of the time) . It's actually funny cause I have asian friends, White friends and Spanish friends and we make race jokes about each other all the time and we all find overly sensitive people extremely annoying.
    It's good that you make jokes, no matter what you do we're always going to be different races. That's part of what makes us all different, but it's all an equal quality. I think some people just need to get the hell over it and take care of their grown man feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    It's good that you make jokes, no matter what you do we're always going to be different races. That's part of what makes us all different, but it's all an equal quality. I think some people just need to get the hell over it and take care of their grown man feelings.
    Exactly I can understand the older generation being racially sensitive because they did live through extreme racism in the states( especially Blacks, Asians and Latinos) but I personally feel blessed that I've never made the color of someones skin or their cultural backround an important aspect of my life (Because of the generation I grew up in). Hopefully my future kids do the same thing.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter

People joke on blacks all the time. Before Obama was potus, it was anti american to make jokes during war.....after Obama that went out the door. This whole board mocked and diminishes blacks all the time. There used to be a "hey let's look at how stupid black people act" thread on the first page of the OTC everyday.

The jokes about Lin's race or heritage are distasteful and corny....especially the puns. ESPN took down the line about ****** in the armor hours after it was posted.

Stop making bullshit claims without backing them up.....if you want to make jokes about blacks or Asians behind your computer no one is stopping you but don't act like blacks are protected or unreasonably sensitive about race.
    you obviously dont know what sarcasm is if you thought he was serious

Local High School Star Vienceslav's Avatar

That was good.
    Esp. the part where they bang the gong , i can totally see ESPN doing that if the Knicks win against the Mavs tonight.

People joke on blacks all the time. Before Obama was potus, it was anti american to make jokes during war.....after Obama that went out the door. This whole board mocked and diminishes blacks all the time. There used to be a "hey let's look at how stupid black people act" thread on the first page of the OTC everyday.

I'm not too sure it actually was sarcasm.

lmfao @ the Kung Fu movie audio dubbing of Lins interview

"Haha It was a great honor to throw the ball today, better than throwing stones! Soon i will try my Tiger Claw technique! Go!"

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz
    C'mon now, the sentiment is out there. It was just stated in another thread and I really don't want to get into a racial discussion but let's be frank.

It's a racial thing that makes Lin so popular, what makes his hype so strong.

The whole thing stinks which sucks because I think Lin is a good guy.

A couple guys in the league I could care less for because I don't like their attitude and demeanor as people. If they get made fun of who cares, not I. But dude deserves a shot to make it on his own merit I'm sure he's already had about enough of the stupid like jokes and comments.

I don't like the stupid puns, I don't like putting him on a pedestal, I don't like stupid Lin threads all over the board. I do like seeing old people and people that don't watch basketball getting into the game. I do like the Knicks winning, **** it, Linning games.

I'm not going to like what happens when he comes down to Earth (who knows though right Knick's fans?), and believe me, ALL athletes do, and it's rarely a cushy fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode

Easy for you to say growing up with a modicum of money and privilege isn't it?

If Jason Whitlock was white and Jeremy Lin was black, and he made a similar racial joke tweet about Lin? He would be fired IMMEDIATELY. Not even a question.

But a weak apology later, and its all good....no firing of Whitlock.

No sarcasm. Black people are easily the most sensitive group, yet would have no problem with Asian jokes. That's what the SNL sketch is outlining in comical form, but its based on truth.

Everyone seems to know this, but noone talks about it.

On the other hand, the whole lin pun especially linning is kind of a thinly veiled racist joke in itself.

-smak

Easy for you to say growing up with a modicum of money and privilege isn't it?
    I'm middle class and everything he said is accurate. It's not about "privilege" it's about "Over sensitivity" Stop mixing the two and actually make a point for once. I swear this is exactly like the Nash threads where you bring up irrelevant things but don't make a point.