Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Euroleague

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

Default Re: Euroleague

I get la bomba's frustration with israel. But what are you liberals really going to do. Whenever you guys are confronted with conflict you bend over, compromise and get walked over. Are you people really going to say no to the people that are bigger than you, smarter than, more ambitious to you, and are around guns before puberty. You're talking to a nationality that introduced blow to the united state because they could.

Back to basketball.

Just watching the Real Madrid - Bar
    Last edited by berraco; 01-28-2009 at 05:44 PM.

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

[QUOTE=berraco]Back to basketball.

[QUOTE=berraco]Back to basketball.

Learning to shoot layups Taras Bulba's Avatar

Standings after the end of Round 1 of Top 16

Group E

Tau Ceramica 2-1
    Olympiacos 2-1
    AJ Milano 2-1
    Prokom 0-3

Group F

Real Madrid 3-0
    Barcelona 2-1
    Maccabi 1-2
    Alba Berlin 0-3

Group G

Panathinaikos 3-0
    Partizan 2-1
    Unicaja 1-2
    Roma 0-3

Group H

CSKA Moscow 2-1
    Montepaschi Siena 2-1
    Fener Ulker 1-2
    Cibona 1-2

Maccabi's euroleague season is over. Management of maccabi let their fans down, to start Gaines just after signing is another example of their ineptness. The euroleague is too good for management to do the same dumb crap they did in the past. Maccabi's idiocy is going to leave a void and it'll be interesting to see when and how that void will be filled.

Why so much anger towards Maccabi's management? Maccabi unlike some other teams works on a budget, it has always been the case, they always balance their sheets and that is their purpose, so it is natural that they don't have a deep squad like the rest of Euroleague's giants.

That is why they used Gaines, because their front line is not as deep as they would want it. It was Gaines' 3rd game for Maccabi and he has been there for three weeks now by the way.

Lior Eliyahu has been excelling all year long and maccabi benches him for a newbie in their most critical game of the year so far. Maccabi likely eliminated themselves from contention by losing by 19 points. Maccabi keeps on giving unlimited chances to people the Derek Sharps and the David Blumenthals that don't belong on the court anymore. Critics for a long time have called maccabi's management idiotic, If you're not seeing that than your not looking.

I'm seeing a lot of things. But that doesn't mean I am entitled to call them idiots or insult them. It is not my character to do this.

Gaines started the game and played 20 minutes. Eliyahu came off the bench and played 30.5 minutes. Which is actually 5 minutes more than his average playing time in the Euroleague. Which was actually the biggest playing time he got so far in the Top16. Which was actually the biggest playing time he got in the last 5 Euroleague games.

Get your facts straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Taras Bulba
    I'm seeing a lot of things. But that doesn't mean I am entitled to call them idiots or insult them. It is not my character to do this.

Gaines started the game and played 20 minutes. Eliyahu came off the bench and played 30.5 minutes. Which is actually 5 minutes more than his average playing time in the Euroleague. Which was actually the biggest playing time he got so far in the Top16. Which was actually the biggest playing time he got in the last 5 Euroleague games.

Get your facts straight.
    I'm sorry but to say maccabi's management aren't a bunch of morons that benefited from a closed system enforced by the government isn't a controversial statement. Maccabi had no business losing that game by 19, no business starting Gaines, and management should be ridiculed like they are in israel for their stupidity.

OK dude, you obviously have unresolved issues with Israel and Maccabi and I won't even go there.

But it is not the government deciding about them playing in the Euroleague. ULEB does with their A type licenses which are basically 3 year long guranteed contracts to teams that fulfill certain criteria such as the capacity of their arena, their attendance, their budget etc.

Teams like Maccabi are greatly needed by the Euroleague, especially in times of economic crisis.

I don't think it's right the government delaying to build an arena for Hapoel Jerusalem, and I don't like the politicians using maccabi's including their halftime for publicity. Management did a **** job the last three road games in the euroleague.

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    I don't think it's right the government delaying to build an arena for Hapoel Jerusalem, and I don't like the politicians using maccabi's including their halftime for publicity. Management did a **** job the last three road games in the euroleague.
    i agree with you. even winning both home games against madrid and barca could see them out thanks to the big margins.A good team might lose but in a tight group like this one,they make sure they lose by a smaller margin,maccabi did not do that atall.I hat to see madrid progress but if it is a toss up between my two most hated teams i'd have to go with madrid on this one!!

Group E

Milano-TAU
    Olympiakos-Prokom

Group F

Macabbi-Real Madrid
    Alba-Barcelona

Group G

Malaga-Partizan
    Roma-Panathinaikos

Group H

CSKA-Siena
    FenerUlker-Cibona

Looks as if Maccabi's season is over. Carlos Arroyo has been a real disappointment, he repeats the same mistakes and doesn't help his teammates get better. The guy is the nba stereotype of knows how to score but really doesn't understand the game. Yotam Halperin was maccabi's loss and Olympiacos gain.