Default curry against the trap and the effect on GSW offense

Last year in the finals and in 2 matches against the grizz, GSW was in big trouble when teams with good/long defenders trapped curry hard. Curry's fragility against a strong physical trap was especially exposed in the finals, and Curry was very lucky to go against a lot of injured people, which meant he wasn't pressured very hard.

I'm certain other teams noticed this, and I think we'll see it next season against GSW. I think that (good) coaches will exploit this and GSW doesn't win 60 next year. People will probably blame it on championship fatigue, but almost certainly the trap will bite them in the ass in next year's playoffs.

What do you people think?

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

Default Re: curry against the trap and the effect on GSW offense

wow what a genius, you should get a job in NBA

Sweeping floors

Banned

Said this during the finals and when they started winning was when they had other guys do more of the ball handling.

Quote Originally Posted by SyRyanYang
    wow what a genius, you should get a job in NBA

Sweeping floors
    i'm sorry there aren't any NBA jobs where your dick slobbing talents can be put to good use. And great basketball take champ.

National High School Star

I think they won't do as good simply because of motivation

A lot of the time when you win a single ring the motivation stops for a lot of players (Obviously, not all)

But thats ok because gsw are still champs

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by swagga
    Last year in the finals and in 2 matches against the grizz, GSW was in big trouble when teams with good/long defenders trapped curry hard. Curry's fragility against a strong physical trap was especially exposed in the finals, and Curry was very lucky to go against a lot of injured people, which meant he wasn't pressured very hard.

I'm certain other teams noticed this, and I think we'll see it next season against GSW. I think that (good) coaches will exploit this and GSW doesn't win 60 next year. People will probably blame it on championship fatigue, but almost certainly the trap will bite them in the ass in next year's playoffs.

What do you people think?
    He was pressured hard enough in the finals to where he had to give the ball up. Luckily for Warriors they have Andre who could handle the ball very well. I don't think it will change a thing in the winning because all defenders aren't as tough as Cleveland or Memphis or the Spurs thank God.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Said this during the finals and when they started winning was when they had other guys do more of the ball handling.
    Yeah that's definitely his weakness. He's gonna have to learn how to draw fouls like Harden.

Local High School Star Akhenaten's Avatar

GSW entire offense in the Finals was facilitated by Curry passing out of the trap in the Finals. Like 70% of Igoudala's points came off swing passes from Draymond after the defense had sold out to get the ball out of Curry's hand's.

Thing is with Curry is he's extremely dangerous off the ball also, your idea is hardly a novel one OP Curry is just an unstoppable player. I haven't seen a seem sell out that much in decades to stop one player, Cleveland showed Curry the ULTIMATE respect.