Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Who would you rather have on your team in the Finals--2006 Wade or 2012 Bron?

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    2006 Wade: he played better in the the final two rounds. Yes, Bron had some amazing games against the Celtics, but if he'd played like Wade did against the Pistons it never would've gone 7 (Bron with 65% FT shooting, losing games 3-5).
    The Mavs also choked and weren't that on D

If Dirk played like Dirk did all season that year then the Macs would of won.

Didn't the 8th seed warriors beat those mavs that following year?

Default Re: Who would you rather have on your team in the Finals--2006 Wade or 2012 Bron?

2006 and it's not even close.

Wade willed his team back into the series vs a much better team than 2012 Thunder. The amount of clutch shots, free throws, and plays he made for the team was insane. He is the ONLY reason Miami won that series

40 PPG in the last 4 games, 4 straight wins. 2012 Finals LeBron doesn't sniff that.

Quote Originally Posted by Papaya Petee
    2006 and it's not even close.

Wade willed his team back into the series vs a much better team than 2012 Thunder. The amount of clutch shots, free throws, and plays he made for the team was insane. He is the ONLY reason Miami won that series

40 PPG in the last 4 games, 4 straight wins. 2012 Finals LeBron doesn't sniff that.
    He avg just under 15ppg from the free throw line in those 4 games.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

2006 dwade was clutch... (ofcourse with some help from the ref)

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    He avg just under 15ppg from the free throw line in those 4 games.
    Oh, so the guy who was the best slasher that year and attacked the rim more than anybody in the league was attacking the rim time after time getting fouls because the Mavericks couldn't stop him? great logic.

That leaves 25.5 PPG without free throws, LeBron averaged 28 PPG vs the Thunder.

NBA Superstar

Are we asking which finals was better? Because obviously that's 06 Wade.

But if both series were replayed, I would expect Wade to perform slightly less dominantly and Lebron maybe even more.

12 Bron was a better player and he was at his most focused. I'll take him.

College superstar

2012 Lebron easily.

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    2012 Lebron easily.
    Finals.

Very good NBA starter

I'll take Wade if I'm playing one of the worst defenses in Finals history and get to play 8 on 5.

Otherwise it's LeBron easily.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Jacks3
    I'll take Wade if I'm playing one of the worst defenses in Finals history and get to play 8 on 5.

Otherwise it's LeBron easily.
    These Kobe Stans Wade's Series is rigged while Kobe has never gotten a call.

So what was the Game 6 of the 2002 Conference Finals? What was Game 7 of the 2010 Finals?

What was Kobe shooting 16 FTA per Game vs the Jazz and people claiming that series was rigged? What was Kobe shooting 15 FTA per Game against the Kings?

Yo, Lebron, I'm really happy for you, I'ma let you finish, but Wade had one of the best finals of all time! One of the finals videos of all time!

For starters, 2012 LeBron is easily the better player.

Historically, Wade's performance on paper is better.

And he did beast, and was clutch. Hit a ton of nice mid range shots. But let's be honest, even though he was in attack mode ... the production was significantly enhanced with touch foul calls. Like Harden in these regular seasons.

So for those who actually watched it, it is kind of overrated.

I'd call their Finals performance equal for these reasons. Wade's numbers are more impressive. But, 2012 Thunder > 2006 Mavericks, and LeBron was facing / guarding the next best player at his position. And won the battle.

I prefer the Wade intangibles, and big game performance in the Finals. So I'll go with him.

But his 2006 Finals is overrated, and 2012 LeBron was definitely the better player ... plus faced superior competition individually, or as a team. Also had better help though.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    For starters, 2012 LeBron is easily the better player.

Historically, Wade's performance on paper is better.

And he did beast, and was clutch. Hit a ton of nice mid range shots. But let's be honest, even though he was in attack mode ... the production was significantly enhanced with touch foul calls. Like Harden in these regular seasons.

So for those who actually watched it, it is kind of overrated.

I'd call their Finals performance equal for these reasons. Wade's numbers are more impressive. But, 2012 Thunder > 2006 Mavericks, and LeBron was facing / guarding the next best player at his position. And won the battle.

I prefer the Wade intangibles, and big game performance in the Finals. So I'll go with him.

But his 2006 Finals is overrated, and 2012 LeBron was definitely the better player ... plus faced superior competition individually, or as a team. Also had better help though.

For those of us who ACTUALLY watched it, it's a top 5 GOAT Finals performance.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987

For those of us who ACTUALLY watched it, it's a top 5 GOAT Finals performance.
    When at the time everyone who watched it was LOL @ the foul calls he was getting. Players would tap his ass and he'd be on the line. Like I said, he attacked the bucket and took advantage of the generous calls he was getting. It's not Wade's fault. But it does dampen in actual context what he was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    When at the time everyone who watched it was LOL @ the foul calls he was getting. Players would tap his ass and he'd be on the line. Like I said, he attacked the bucket and took advantage of the generous calls he was getting. It's not Wade's fault. But it does dampen in actual context what he was doing.
    Even if you ignore ALL the FT's, he scored 22 PPG. He did get 1-2 "touch" fouls a game, but not as many as you guys claim. All I remember is Wade being clutch AF and hitting jumpers when the Heat needed him to.