Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: That moment when OKC fans realize they traded the MVP for Martin*, Lamb and scrubs

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    That's apart of what made that trade so bad. It eventually led to Westbrook's injury. OKC in '13 with Harden wins the title IMO. Miami looked very beatable in the playoffs with Wade and Bosh struggling and OKC was very capable of beating the Spurs. 2013 was their year and they ****ed it up.
    What? You cannot blame the Harden trade on that fluke play by Beverly. Come on...

I totally agree they win if they are healthy, but you can't blame that on the trade.

It sucks because it's a combination of bad luck and just horrid moves by Presti after the trade. The WB injury was just bad luck, but last year relying on Fisher and Butler that much???? Just pathetic by Presti.

Then he goes out and gets Waiters....LOL...why? Another ball dominant player that can't shoot off the catch consistently...LOL

What is he doing with Reggie? Just trying to kill his value?

Last year they could have easily made a move for Afflalo or Meeks and I think they win the title. This year they should have made a different move and should be looking to move Perk for something that matters.

The Harden trade really wasn't the problem. It was the moves and bad luck of injuries that have cost them.

Also, I'm gonna need to see Harden actually do something in the playoffs before I start crowning him like this all time force like many have. Totally agree he's deserving of MVP talk with Curry, AD, and Lebron...and he might be playing the best ball out of anyone right now, but his playoff play leaves a lot to be desired.

He was awful in the 12 finals and he was hardly special in the 13 or 14 playoffs. Truthfully, in his last 3 series he's done very little to impress.

Default Re: That moment when OKC fans realize they traded the MVP for Martin*, Lamb and scrubs

The moment Rockets fans find out Curry won the MVP

Why did Martin leave again? That was just weird.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Also, I'm gonna need to see Harden actually do something in the playoffs before I start crowning him like this all time force like many have. Totally agree he's deserving of MVP talk with Curry, AD, and Lebron...and he might be playing the best ball out of anyone right now, but his playoff play leaves a lot to be desired.
    Why does he have to? He wouldn't be the 1st option with OKC. Whether he proves himself to be a legitimate superstar and validates his MVP type RS this postseason or not, he is still a force as a 3rd option. And I would venture to say yes, on an all time level. I can't think of a 3rd option OTOH as good as current Harden. Even if he is totally underwhelming like he was in the 2014 playoffs, he is still far beyond what any star duo could ask for in a 3rd option...let alone unreal talents like Durant and Westbrook.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    What? You cannot blame the Harden trade on that fluke play by Beverly. Come on...

I totally agree they win if they are healthy, but you can't blame that on the trade.

It sucks because it's a combination of bad luck and just horrid moves by Presti after the trade. The WB injury was just bad luck, but last year relying on Fisher and Butler that much???? Just pathetic by Presti.

Then he goes out and gets Waiters....LOL...why? Another ball dominant player that can't shoot off the catch consistently...LOL

What is he doing with Reggie? Just trying to kill his value?

Last year they could have easily made a move for Afflalo or Meeks and I think they win the title. This year they should have made a different move and should be looking to move Perk for something that matters.

The Harden trade really wasn't the problem. It was the moves and bad luck of injuries that have cost them.

He was awful in the 12 finals and he was hardly special in the 13 or 14 playoffs. Truthfully, in his last 3 series he's done very little to impress.
    Houston very likely does not make the playoffs without Harden...

And even with his struggles in the playoffs you can't tell me he wouldn't be an upgrade over who OKC has had surrounding KD/Westbrook from '13-'15. Their chances in the playoffs were clearly greater with him.

Don't know why people have such a hard time admitting it was a bad trade, it was.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: That moment when OKC fans realize they traded the MVP for Martin*, Lamb and scrub

A lot of jimmies have been rustled. Keep the replies coming.

This thread

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

I'm cool with all these banters.

But Houston fans, fk off with calling Harden King.

Lebron is King James.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    why not? Harden would have stat padded it up when Goatbrook and Durant missed time this year.
    Sure and when they're back he's back to being 6th man.

first round
    op=fat fgt
    /thread

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    first round
    op=fat fgt
    /thread
    retireBe fans still thinking they're relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    People don't realize Harden wouldn't become MVP Harden in OKC. 6th MOTY at best. And they're supposed to pay a lot for that?

Hindsight 20/20 and all that, but when Durant and westbrook went down earlier this season, they sure could've used a James Harden to carry them through that tough stretch and would be in the playoff seedings rather than fighting the Sun's for it.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Why did Martin leave again? That was just weird.
    OKC probably didn't want to spend many dollars on him and the Wolves had a better offer

I rule the local playground OnFire's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    People don't realize Harden wouldn't become MVP Harden in OKC. 6th MOTY at best. And they're supposed to pay a lot for that?
    People don't realize that he will play like 3 less mins coming off the bench, even if he was, he'd be playing against the #2's, and get super mins with Westbrook and Durant injuries I wouldn't be suprised if he'd have averaged the same 36mins per game in OKC this year but with better numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by OnFire
    People don't realize that he will play like 3 less mins coming off the bench, even if he was, he'd be playing against the #2's, and get super mins with Westbrook and Durant injuries I wouldn't be suprised if he'd have averaged the same 36mins per game in OKC this year but with better numbers.
    look at his OKC # playing against #2s