NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Default Clarkson in Good Company

Calder Hynes @calder_h
    Jordan Clarkson joins @kobebryant, @MagicJohnson & Eddie Jones as the ONLY #Lakers in the past 30 years to record 26p/11a/6r/3s in a game!

Rob @BeefEriksson

Since '85-86, 2 players have had 26pts, 11asts, 6rebs & 3stls in a game as early in their career as Jordan Clarkson:

Chris Paul
    Steph Curry

ESPN Stats & Info @ESPNStatsInfo

Jordan Clarkson: 26 pts, 11 asts, 6 reb; other Lakers rookies w/ 25-10-5 game: Archie Clark (1966-67), West (60-61), Baylor (58-59) #Elias

Jordan Clarkson(Last 5 games)

21.6 PPG
    5 RPG
    6 RPG
    1.6 SPG
    0.8 BPG
    51.3% FG
    33.3% 3PT
    83.3% FT

Former Bulls Fan.

Default Re: Clarkson in Good Company

Lakers have a really nice team going forward. Lin has proven to be starter and has proven he can keep up on defense with the best PGs, Kobe will be Kobe when hes back, and then you also have Randle and Ed Davis as your front court.

Add on to that Clarkson who has potential to be a sixth man of the year candidate in the future.

Seems like a good piece for the future. Be careful though, lots of people can put up good stats on a horrible team or have great stretches of crazy stats.

Banned

Still not sold.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Seems like a good piece for the future. Be careful though, lots of people can put up good stats on a horrible team or have great stretches of crazy stats.
    For a rookie? Only two other players have since 85-86 and both are considered the best PGs within the last 10 years or so.

he has the potential to be a 6'6 westbrook.

basically lebron if lebron weren't beta

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    For a rookie? Only two other players have since 85-86 and both are considered the best PGs within the last 10 years or so.
    Like I said, good stats horrible team. Besides arbitrary stats are arbitrary.

He's gonna put up 21/5/6 a game when Kobe and Randle return? I hope he does.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Like I said, good stats horrible team. Besides arbitrary stats are arbitrary.

He's gonna put up 21/5/6 a game when Kobe and Randle return? I hope he does.
    That all really depends on if we get a better PG. If we land Rondo or Dragic,which I highly doubt, then no. But if it's just him and Kobe in the backcourt then yes, I think he can. Kobe's a more willing passer in his twilight than most of you care to admit. Randle will still be playing back up to form , so I wouldn't be surprised if they lean on Clarkson after his showing in this second half of the season. Especially if we lose our pick.

Randle+ Clarkson, I hope they can become something the next couple years.

shhhhhhh

The impressive thing about Clarkson isn't his numbers but how he got there.. first of the season he was raw, didn't look like he belonged on the court and that's saying a lot when you consider that a majority of the roster is cast offs and rookies...

some rough games, 5 trips to the D league and a bucket load of DNPs was pretty much how his first 3 months in the league went... you could see in spurts he had some talent but he was allover the map for the most part

then something in January clicked, some light bulb went off and he's steadily improved across the board, became more consistent, smarter, creating for himself or others, playing within himself and now he's starting to unleash his athletic ability and it's pretty damn cool to watch this kid...

I'm more than happy with him considering he was a 2nd round pick the Lakers bought from the Wizards for 1.5 million....

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    The impressive thing about Clarkson isn't his numbers but how he got there.. first of the season he was raw, didn't look like he belonged on the court and that's saying a lot when you consider that a majority of the roster is cast offs and rookies...

some rough games, 5 trips to the D league and a bucket load of DNPs was pretty much how his first 3 months in the league went... you could see in spurts he had some talent but he was allover the map for the most part

then something in January clicked, some light bulb went off and he's steadily improved across the board, became more consistent, smarter, creating for himself or others, playing within himself and now he's starting to unleash his athletic ability and it's pretty damn cool to watch this kid...

I'm more than happy with him considering he was a 2nd round pick the Lakers bought from the Wizards for 1.5 million....

I agree about the stats thing, but you know where we are.

Another thing I think people don't realize about Clarkson is that he can finish at the rim with either hand and that's rare.

College superstar

It's Clarksonity up in this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It looks like Lakers got steal with Clarkson one of best moves Lakers FO has made in many years.

Impressive

Quote Originally Posted by gts

That something was Steve Nash. Nash began to work with the PG's a couple months ago, and you could tell he's having an effect on Clarksons game.

Take those stats with a grain of salt

He did that against a team fielding maybe 4 legit NBA players the past 2-3 years combined

I do however like how he has been able to change his pace. Early in the year dude was trying to go 100mph every time