Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: Until the day they lay me to the ground, I will wonder why they block the CP3 trade

Quote Originally Posted by FrobeShaw
    This deluded bastard seriously thinks the only reason Kobe isn't seen as the best player is because of the rape trial. Wow. I've read a ton of hilarious shit today but this takes the cake.
    he's right doe, the league never championed Kobe as the its face because of the rape allegation

it's like the woody allen film Crime and Misdemeanors, life is so arbitrary, one cumshot in colorado = no 6th ring for kobe

Banned

Default Re: Until the day they lay me to the ground, I will wonder why they block the CP3 trade

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    he's right doe, the league never championed Kobe as the its face because of the rape allegation

it's like the woody allen film Crime and Misdemeanors, life is so arbitrary, one cumshot in colorado = no 6th ring for kobe
    Listen, regardless of a rape, LeBron was still a megastar coming into this league and he panned out. I mean, do you think Kobe would always be better than him? Kobe had his time and then it was over. There's nothing more to be said.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

the trade was "blocked" akin to an owner telling a GM not to pull the trigger on a potential deal.

It was totally within the league's power to do what they did. A lot of owners were pissed about the trade and the league capitulated. I agree that it was kinda sh*tty, but not too big a deal.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Listen, regardless of a rape, LeBron was still a megastar coming into this league and he panned out. I mean, do you think Kobe would always be better than him? Kobe had his time and then it was over. There's nothing more to be said.
    Who the f'ck claimed that b1tch?

Strawman argument the size of continent....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller
    I only see one deluded retard thinking that I claimed Kobe to be the best player in the league past 2010.

Me guesses you never had proper schooling. Reading comprehension is 0.
    So what are you suggesting with Kobe not being the face with the rape trial? Was Kobe the face in 03? Is that what you're saying? What's that nonsense about LeBron needing a ring to be the face? What are you even saying there?

This deluded bastard seriously thinks the only reason Kobe isn't seen as the best player is because of the rape trial. Wow. I've read a ton of hilarious shit today but this takes the cake.
    their delusion is unreal

A Jew got called a Nazi in this thread.

Nobody realized.

way too stacked thats why
    Best pg
    top 5 pf to ever play the game
    top 10 sg

kobe was treated like the ugly middle child, league wanted to move on from him as soon as possible, tales of his demise were always greatly exaggerated and premature.

league robbed kobe of at least 2 rings

NBA rookie of the year

The other owners of the NBA were unhappy having to pump their money into a franchise that was going to help out the NBA's "priveleged bunch" in the Lakers to get yet another star player.

So they went and made a stink about it to Stern. Stern caved to their pressure.

That's pretty much all that happened.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 07-12-2014 at 11:31 AM.

This is the part where you break it down for us pathetic souls.
    What would be the point, when you ignorant homers bring up the same issue to cry about due to insecurity? But, meh, I got time to kill.

The league, at the time, was owned by the NBA and any decision, like with the Hawks, the Pelicans, and any other team, has to be approved by the owner/ownership group. Since, the team is owned by the league, the Board of Governors would need to approve the trade that the GM had agreed too, and I'm sure each member had their own reason to veto the said deal and that is what ended up happening.

For example, the Clippers had agreed to deal Butler for Ariza, and Washington had reportedly agreed as well, but Tokowitz turned it down. Is that a conspiracy as well? Or before the Clippers dealt for Redick, they had a reported deal agreed to in exchange for Afflalo instead, but again, Tokowitz turned it down. Is that a conspiracy? He nearly botched the Redick deal because he didn't think a white guy was worth what Redick's contract is. Is that a conspiracy?

Back to the Paul trade. Some members of the board and/or Stern/Silver felt that the Clipper trade was the fastest way to rebuild the franchise as they did not take on any extended contracts (Kaman was an expiring IIRC, or had two years left), while acquiring nice youth as well in Eric Gordon (many expected him to grow and be a premier 2-guard for ages to come), Al-Farouq Aminu (many thought he'd be a solid two way SF) and a pick from a team that hadn't came close to sniffing the post season in ages. Now, those didn't work out as planned (botched the Wolves pick with Rivers), but it gave them what a rebuilding team would be aiming for, youth, expiring contract(s), and a draft pick.

The Laker deal would have thrown the franchise in limbo as a fringe playoff side, giving them a higher salary base as well, which may have made the team more of a hassle to sell.

Think of the Pau deal, the Bulls were reportedly interested, at the same time, and had, again reportedly, offered more instant value for Memphis, but the Grizzly franchise preferred the same type of package that the Hornets got, acquiring youth (Critt), expiring (Kwame) and the rights to Marc (say it equals the draft pick).

While many classify that as some sort of fishy business, the simpletons that defend that move to no avail, are the same simpletons who cry about this move.

Cause Dan Gilbert and the other owners forced his hand. It's not complicated.

Local High School Star

The league doesn't want Kobe to keep winning and win hearts of young fans. It has to be passed off to others. Kobe is getting old. KD, Lebron are younger money for the next generation.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY

You don't need to wonder now then, do you? You guys got it all figured out. I guess you wouldn't have to bring this to your grave.

the greatest tragedy of kobe's career is that he played for the lakers, all that unnecessary hate and scrutiny. the guy was guaranteed for 6+ rings anywehreelse he would have gone