Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Anthony Davis is about to be robbed of the MVP award and it's a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    honestly, his team is pretty good. he has strong and good m8s, at least his starting 5 has top 3-5 potential.
    No chit.

His supporting cast is not any worse than hardens.

Default Re: Anthony Davis is about to be robbed of the MVP award and it's a travesty.

honestly, if anyone even wins mvp this season, it would be a travesty. This season has been very sub par in having MVP caliber performances.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    honestly, if anyone even wins mvp this season, it would be a travesty. This season has been very sub par in having MVP caliber performances.
    Almost as bad as 2011.

Man ISH is a funny place

Ariza, Brewer>>>>>Parsons, Lin. Defense is now top5!!

Howard is a top 5 center

Harden's supporting cast is as bad as the Pelicans

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Almost as bad as 2011.
    Nah ur just ignorant. Let me know when you come up with an excuse why a player that leads his team to a 30-10 record in clutch games doesnt deseve mvp. Where harden who is the font runner this year is at 7-9.

A couple things

1) There's a pecking order in the NBA. You have to have been a MVP candidate in the past before they will give it to you. It's stupid but that's how the media is. You can't come out of nowhere and win this award ex CP3 2008. He had a better year then Kobe but he hadn't "payed his dues" yet. Nash did the same thing in 05 but he was white.

2) I understand the media wants to feel like the MVP sets the tone with his play, leading to more victories and not just individual numbers. It's hard to measure that and they wont properly define this award because it keeps the fans guessing and watching. Like a random reality TV show where we know who the 3 strong candidates are to win whatever. We keep watching to see who it is at the end.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Nah ur just ignorant. Let me know when you come up with an excuse why a player that leads his team to a 30-10 record in clutch games doesnt deseve mvp. Where harden who is the font runner this year is at 7-9.
    And what is Curry? And how do you even define a "clutch" game?

winning lots of close games makes you a good mvp?

People really think Davis is in MVP race? The ****?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    Man ISH is a funny place

Ariza, Brewer>>>>>Parsons, Lin. Defense is now top5!!

Howard is a top 5 center

Harden's supporting cast is as bad as the Pelicans
    This, Harden is carrying a bunch of scrubs to a top record in the WEST. They don't seem to miss to skip beat either when Dwight is out (which has been frequent).

Harden just can't be stopped, on either end of the floor.

That's what I want in my MVP, a warrior that can rally his troops, be up there with the best and have great statistics.

Hell, If you give to AD, it sets a bad precedent for players on bad teams to stat pad and be rewarded while contributing little to winning. Similar to what Lebron did in last finals. With that precedent, AD and Cousins would be top 2 in MVP voting

Decent playground baller Practice?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Yeah sorry but I'm taking LBJ//AD/KD/Harden over Curry any day.. and I'm a dude who loves Curry
    As far as being better players maybe, but as for performance this year, Curry is deserving of the MVP award at this rate.

And what is Curry? And how do you even define a "clutch" game?
    curry currently is at 9-3. a "clutch" game is defined as a game that comes down to less than a 5 point deficit with less than 5 minutes to go.
    in 2011, dirk had a 70 percent win percentage, howard was somewhere in the 60's, lebron was 59%, none of them had the sample size of 40 games that rose has nor the win percentage.

goodnight
    Last edited by nathanjizzle; 02-03-2015 at 06:20 PM.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

curry currently is at 9-3. a "clutch" game is defined as a game that comes down to less than a 5 point deficit with less than 5 minutes to go.
    So close games > blowing someone out? Lmfao

So close games > blowing someone out? Lmfao
    . no, thats not it at all.

Anthony Davis needs to start winning games instead of padding his stats.