Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
    Banned

Default Re: why do you think the Super Bowl is so much bigger than the NBA Finals?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragic4Life
    It's not.

Super Bowl 2015: 114.5 million viewers.

NBA Finals 2014: average of 15.5 million/game, 77.5 million total, which is definitely going to include repeat viewers that watch multiple games.

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

Default Re: why do you think the Super Bowl is so much bigger than the NBA Finals?

because it's a gimmick

everyone tunes in the channel to take up some pictures for facebook

and then just play monopoly or drink and talk

only actual football fans watch the game and a few casuals too, but at the end of the day, most of it is a marketing move

it's quite big they've managed to include women in their viewrship something most other sports haven't managed, in said numbers.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

i thought America likes their superstars hence their worship of celebs

NBA just can't compete. Football is the pinnacle of athleticism. Jimmy Graham would average 25/15 in the NBA

Decent playground baller Practice?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    i thought America likes their superstars hence their worship of celebs
    Yeah, but Americans are also lazy and watching the NBA takes more commitment.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    NBA just can't compete. Football is the pinnacle of athleticism. Jimmy Graham would average 25/15 in the NBA

Jimmy Graham would play SF in the NBA. He's smaller (and less athletic) than LeBron.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb

Jimmy Graham would play SF in the NBA. He's smaller (and less athletic) than LeBron.
    LOL He's not smaller than LeBron. He is about the same height while possessing more mass. He's also hurt every year.

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    http://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/...-graham-1.html
    Yeah, 25/15 material easily...

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    I played line backer all the way from 5th grade to 12th grade...

It does not require more "thinking"...playing basketball , reading the defense having patience on offense to get the correct timing requires far more cognitive thinking....( compared to focusing on a lesser task for 2 - 3 seconds)

I've played both sports and basketball requires far more "skill and athleticism" on average...

"heart".....that is all subjective...and Bullsh!t..aint no one taking you serious..

you claim you played Football and they got heart( we know you lie)..yet you to scared to take video of yo jumper.....b!tch azz ####
    You are by far the most ignorant poster in this thread, which is sad based on most of the conversation.

You call someone out for lying about playing football yet you claim a football player doesn't need advanced skill and athleticism, especially mentally? Really?

Even taking your example of a FB, which I would agree is probably one of the lowest "skilled" positions in football, has to remember a much bigger playbook, read a defense pre-snap, in a split second read which hole will be open to lead through, then read if he should chip a DL, go straight to a LB, seal the edge/inside, then has to shed the first block and move into the secondary, all while deciding which way his RB is going to go. And that's just a simple power run play. Yeah he gets between 20-30 seconds (not a minute) to catch his breath with SOME TEAMS, but he also just gave it 100% for a play.

Which leads to the next point, I would agree basketball players require more stamina, but it's also a different kind of stamina. You jog around and occasionally go all out, but the all out attempts are much less frequent than in football. And that's coming from a guy who got partial scholarships to play basketball (albeit local DIII schools) as a 6'2" white kid with a below average outside shot who survived on hustle and going all out. I never played a basketball game and felt like vomiting at the end of it or in the middle of it like I did in football.

While basketball might have a greater skill level, football is much harder to be good/great at beyond a high school level. It's much more physically demanding, much more mentally demanding, and and just flat out harder. Next you can try to say that they are different and require different things, but at the end of the day you can pick up a handful of kids from any neighborhood and compete with an average neighboring highschool basketball team... That doesn't work with football, at all.