Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Blog a Bull: "Signing Pau Gasol Was A Mistake"

I can tell who watches the Bulls analytically, who watches the bulls as a casual fan, and who doesn't watch the Bulls at all.
    Pau Gasol is mostly empty stats, and they needed a wing not a center, which is the basic premise of the article.
    I am 100% sure management overwrote Thibs wishes with this signing, now he is forced to play him by management, and the Bull's are suffering because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    I can tell who watches the Bulls analytically, who watches the bulls as a casual fan, and who doesn't watch the Bulls at all.
    Pau Gasol is mostly empty stats, and they needed a wing not a center, which is the basic premise of the article.
    I am 100% sure management overwrote Thibs wishes with this signing, now he is forced to play him by management, and the Bull's are suffering because of it.

The correct move is to play Gasol off the bench for 25-30 minutes a game alongside mirotic, but I think Gasol had a previous agreement on condition he would be the starter for the Bulls if he agreed to play with them.

I hold out hope that we get wing help by the deadline, or we will be seeing more and more rose/butler isolation play with a sprinkle of rose pick and roll with Gasol for the rest of the way...

For a team of average to great passers, we sure don't throw the ball around as consistently as we should. Rose needs to take a lot of the blame there.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Keep in mind though the fall in defense and the "communication" may be because this is still a relatively new team all things considered. Rose is coming back after 2 years, Noah is constantly injured so he comes on and off, Gasol is new, Butler is embracing a new role, Dunleavy Jr (injured), Mirotic is new. Given all of these factors, the communication and help defence may not be at the level bull's are accustomed to. I think I also read somewhere that the Bulls have the most blocks of any team (if not they're very high up in the list)? You gotta give them time to gel.