Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    TomBrady
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default Re: Is LeBron's Game 4 of the 2011 Finals the worst single game performance of all time?

Michael Jordan pushed off, gambled on basketball, and killed his father. I allegedly deflated footballs even though the PSI differences weren't anywhere close to a point where they would provide an advantage. LeBron gets away with the odd travel the same way that every other player in the league does and sometimes stiff arms on drives. Kobe Bryant raped someone.

Jordan's legacy as the GOAT, my legacy as the GOAT, and Kobe/LeBron's legacy as top 10 all time players stay as is. Stop being such a hormonal bitch.

Default Re: Is LeBron's Game 4 of the 2011 Finals the worst single game performance of all time?

I think people are focusing too much on the statistical output. Obviously, LeBron's is pathetic, and would be at the bottom of the barrel anyway. But it's the additional factors that really put it over the top

The stakes: A chance to go up 3-1 in the Finals with HCA in Games 6 & 7
    Teammate performance: Wade & Bosh put up 56 points combined
    Crunch time: ZERO points AND assists in the 4th quarter, took ONE shot, let the guy he was primarily guarding go off for 10 points in the 4th as well

Most amazing of all, even most of the minimal points he scored were fradulant
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFe8KUEQdn4

2 points on a goal tend
    2 free throws from a shameless, embarrassing flop
    2 points on a wide open dunk set up almost solely by Wade
    2 points on a jumper over Terry

Factor in he was healthy and in the peak of his career, a stretch where he won 4 MVP's in 5 seasons, and I just don't see any argument for a game from a legitimate superstar or an all time great worse than this one