Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Is LeBron's Game 4 of the 2011 Finals the worst single game performance of all time?

And I'm referring to a superstar, best in the league type of player. Out of any game I can think of, this one has all the ingredients to be the worst playoff game by a superstar player in NBA history

1. LeBron scored 8, EIGHT god damn points on 3/11 shooting in a Finals game that was eventually decided by just 3 points
    2. LeBron got great efforts from his teammates. Wade put up 32 on a sensational 65% from the field, while Bosh contributed 24 as well. The other members of the Big 3 both had great games, yet the Heat STILL lost
    3. With the Heat up 2-1 and having HCA for games 6-7, a win here all but ends the series. There's not a chance in the world the Mavs are winning games 6-7 in Miami. A win in game 4 and the Heat basically do wrap up the series
    4. In the 4th quarter of a close game that would have all but won the championship, LeBron has just two boards, no assists, two turnovers, and takes ONE shot, scoring no points in the 4th, while Jason Terry, who LeBron was guarding iirc, scores 10 points in the 4th to help Dallas win the game

In a Finals game in the prime of his career, LeBron was awful and ineffective in every way possible, and honestly singlehandedly cost the Heat a win in Game 4, a series Miami would eventually lose. My question is, can anyone name a worse performance by a superstar player in playoff history that tops this one?
    Last edited by SouBeachTalents; 06-22-2014 at 01:15 PM.

Default Re: Is LeBron's Game 4 of the 2011 Finals the worst single game performance of all time?

Shawn Marion had him shook.

Default Re: Is LeBron's Game 4 of the 2011 Finals the worst single game performance of all time?

LeBron* and company also have the worst margin of defeat in NBA finals history.

NBA rookie of the year

I will never understand how a guy with lebron's talents shoots only 11 times

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    I will never understand how a guy with lebron's talents shoots only 11 times
    He doesn't have the clutch gene.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

He would've scored 0 if it was ok to outright tank. There was no way he was letting Wade win FMVP that year. It was better for him to lose the series than be seen as a beta that joined an alpha's team to chase rings.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

This is why he'll never be a Top 5 Great. Too beta.

John Stark's 2-18 shooting in game 7 of the finals might have been worse.

Ray Allen's 0-13 in the finals was pretty bad too.

Tony Parker once went 1-12 in a finals game that the Spurs lost by 1.

Kobe's 4-20 in game 5 of the finals against Indiana certainly wasn't pretty either.

Still, Lebron might take this one, not because he was the worst, but because he was supposed to be the best, and fell so far short

For a top-10 player, LeBron sure has so many fail/WTF moments in the Finals.

Bird w B2B 8pt games in the 81 Finals with Boston leading the series 2-0

Complete Player

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    And I'm referring to a superstar, best in the league type of player. Out of any game I can think of, this one has all the ingredients to be the worst playoff game by a superstar player in NBA history

1. LeBron scored 8, EIGHT god damn points on 3/11 shooting in a Finals game that was eventually decided by just 3 points
    2. LeBron got great efforts from his teammates. Wade put up 32 on a sensational 65% from the field, while Bosh contributed 24 as well. The other members of the Big 3 both had great games, yet the Heat STILL lost
    3. With the Heat up 2-1 and having HCA for games 6-7, a win here all but ends the series. There's not a chance in the world the Mavs are winning games 6-7 in Miami. A win in game 4 and the Heat basically do wrap up the series
    4. In the 4th quarter of a close game that would have all but won the championship, LeBron has just two boards, no assists, two turnovers, and takes ONE shot, scoring no points in the 4th, while Jason Terry, who LeBron was guarding iirc, scores 10 points in the 4th to help Dallas win the game

In a Finals game in the prime of his career, LeBron was awful and ineffective in every way possible, and honestly singlehandedly cost the Heat a win in Game 4, a series Miami would eventually lose. My question is, can anyone name a worse performance by a superstar player in playoff history that tops this one?
    I always say SIX point game. As if that game wasn't bad enough two of Lebron's points in that game came from the worst playoff flop of all-time.

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k
    I always say SIX point game. As if that game wasn't bad enough two of Lebron's points in that game came from the worst playoff flop of all-time.

LOL, nice catch. God damn, 6 points... that's pathetic.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k

yes it is.

It's pretty hard to top that, yeah.