NBA Superstar

Default What is the Best NBA Basketball Magazine Out There?

Opinions? Looking for something fresh.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 01-13-2013 at 11:20 PM.

Made that high school varsity squad Westbrook0's Avatar

Default Re: What is the Best NBA Basketball Magazine Out There?

SLAM is easily the best NBA magazine, in my opinion.

#HEATNATION

Slam and Dime

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ganja0710
    Slam and Dime
    If you had to pick between the two? SLAM has felt a bit forced to me for the last... well... almost decade. For the past few years it seems they've begun slowly turning the tide, but it's still a little rough.

For example, they seem to have tapped more and more outside authors to pen pieces of substance, but then they counter that with their inane celebrity vs. player comparison columns and rapper/player hometown articles that always consist of the same quotes ("Yeah I know he's from my area and I respect what he's doing on the court/in the studio").

I'm thinking of giving Dime another try (had a couple of free issues a few years ago).
    Last edited by Rake2204; 01-14-2013 at 03:58 PM.

To me, it's HOOP easily. They have good interviews and articles, with way less gimmicks than SLAM. It's all NBA as well. It's nice to read about upcoming players and even WNBA sometimes.. but often times with SLAM it's just too much of stuff I don't care about. HOOP doesn't come out often, but always delivers in my opinion. They do tend to focus on the bigger names though.

Their all garbage filled with mindless advertisements. The goal of any magazine is to make money and sell as many magazines as possible. Same with all of the sports networks (BSPN)

Depends what your into, reading articles or looking at cool basketball videos, and for both i highly recommend this thing called the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold
    Their all garbage filled with mindless advertisements. The goal of any magazine is to make money and sell as many magazines as possible. Same with all of the sports networks (BSPN)

Depends what your into, reading articles or looking at cool basketball videos, and for both i highly recommend this thing called the internet.
    Although I somewhat agree, I must say that for personal interviews with players/coaches, if you like that sorta thing, magazines are the best. You can get info of the web, or watch youtube interviews and stuff, but most aren't in-depth, unless it's a special sit down kinda interview.

#HEATNATION

I knew i was forgetting another. I'd completely ignore the two i listed and go with HOOP. They come out with a new issue every 2-3 months i believe. A lot of in depth interviews/columns on prospects and non-big name players.

If you dont want to grab the actual magazine in stores, you can read the latest issue for January/February on NBA.com

edit: here's the link: http://www.nba.com/hoop/hoop_january...013_01_09.html

Quote Originally Posted by ganja0710
    Slam and Dime
    These two are the best.

Slam magazine without a doubt. Dime is ok