Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Heat|Lakers|Celtics

Default Re: If the Spurs keep this up I don't see the Lakers winning the West

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieg
    Nah, Wilt has this easy. Guy took over 39.5 FGA in 62.
    Holy shit. didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiei
    They are one game ahead of the Lakers with similarly easy schedule. Way to make overreactions.
    Overreaction? Stop being defensive and read, he's not even making a definitive statement.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Willkill24
    Holy shit. didn't know that.
    adjusting to pace kobe would average 70 fga in the 60's, kobe is the goat chucker.

Heat|Lakers|Celtics

Quote Originally Posted by asdf1990
    adjusting to pace kobe would average 70 fga in the 60's, kobe is the goat chucker.
    Kobe would shoot around 80% from the field in the 60's(weak era) and wouldn't have to take more than 20 shots.

Super Ultra Sexy Hero SinJackal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiei
    They are one game ahead of the Lakers with similarly easy schedule. Way to make overreactions.
    The Spurs have wins over: Thunder, Jazz, Magic, Suns, Bulls, and their only loss is against the Hornets, an 11-1 team.

Magic were tied for #1 in east before today. Thunder are 4th in the west. Jazz are 5th. Bulls are 3rd in the east.

I would say those are some pretty legit wins.

Lakers' best wins are over the current 7 and 8 seeds in the west.

Lakers two losses were to the current 9 and 10 seeds in the west.

I wouldn't say their schedules were similarly easy. Spurs schedule has been tougher so far. The Clippers' horrible record (twice), and Rockets once are what is making SA's SOS so low. The Lakers got to play the Rockets too, but it was the first game of the season so their terrible record didn't count against their SOS.

I'm not saying the Spurs are better, just saying they've played tougher teams and beat them.

College star

ya shoot 80% misses.

Very good NBA starter

I'm as much a Spurs fan than anybody on here... but enough with the Spurs threads .... let this team be underdogs lol

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by mashbelly
    if the spurs keep this up they'll be 81-1
    Logic prevails.

shhhhhhh

Spurs are playing great ball, as they are known to do, it's going to be a test for the lakers to try and keep pace if they want HCA for the playoffs...

the hornets add even more spice to this seasons run for the west

Another Laker Dynasty? bleedinpurpleTwo's Avatar

Kobe is getting old, but he still owns the Spurs.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Rashard's Avatar

Spurs look great right now. That being said, I still like the Lakers chances.

Why not? The Lakers are doing the exact same thing.

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Spurs are 12-1 right now and we still have integrated Tiago Splitter or James Anderson. Once we do, oh boy!

Not airballing my layups anymore

Maybe they will if they're able to stay healthy, but does it matter? like people said before me and what most after me will say can the Spurs match up against the Lakers come playoff time?

National High School Star vinsane01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    I'm as much a Spurs fan than anybody on here... but enough with the Spurs threads .... let this team be underdogs lol
    I concur.

I prefer my team to stay under the radar but that's going to be tough if they keep this up.