Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Everyone knows the Knicks are going to cut Chris Smith soon, right?

They signed him to pay him the $480,000 (which is guaranteed). Now they can cut him and he keeps the money. Small gift toward JR not to take bids in free agency. And also a goodwill gesture toward CAA.

He won't be there long. People act like the world ended but it's literally going to affect nothing.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Everyone knows the Knicks are going to cut Chris Smith soon, right?

They should cut him now and sign Diogu to hold a roster spot until Tyler is ready.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

I've been saying this for a while. I think he's just a signing bonus. Under the table money. Now if he stays, everyone needs to be fired lol

They are not going to cut him already, how is that explained? But he will be cut. Tyler is not even healthy yet, not even close.

People would cut off their left nut for one of the big free agents but giving Chris Smith a temporary roster spot and $450k of money that's not coming out of your pocket is giving everyone a heart attack.

Including him along with cash in a trade of chandler or felton (or amare haha) would be the best possible outcome.

Amare, hardaway, cash, 2nds, and Chris smith for hawes, wroten, and Jason Richardson

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    They are not going to cut him already, how is that explained? But he will be cut. Tyler is not even healthy yet, not even close.

People would cut off their left nut for one of the big free agents but giving Chris Smith a temporary roster spot and $450k of money that's not coming out of your pocket is giving everyone a heart attack.
    I never seen or heard this angle before which is totally plausible. My anguish is I dont believe players should ever wield such power over an organization without being an elite or franchise player.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    I never seen or heard this angle before which is totally plausible. My anguish is I dont believe players should ever wield such power over an organization without being an elite or franchise player.
    I think it's more CAA related than JR Smith.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Camby waived...

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    This happens all the time. The Knicks just have media (like Isola) who aren't so in bed with the team that they don't report it. It's such a non issue to me, it's the 15th guy at the end of the bench for a month.

The whole Chris Smith signing seems silly. But maybe they don't know of any better players that are still unsigned

If I was NY I think I'd cut him and sign Rip Hamilton, maybe

The Bucks are AWFUL

If we lose this game smh

Everyone looking good so far except Bargnani (*giving El Gringos the side eye*) lol

Prigioni hustling as usual
    Melo is Melo
    Shumpert being aggressive on both ends
    Chandler hit a jump shot
    Tim Jr looking good

I'm most impressed so far by Beno!
    Last edited by franchize; 10-30-2013 at 09:42 PM.

We deserve to lose

Knicks going to cut Smith next month when Tyler is healthy. I TOLD YOU.

People bitch just to bitch.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    Knicks going to cut Smith next month when Tyler is healthy. I TOLD YOU.

People bitch just to bitch.
    They might cut Cole instead.

Cole doesnt make the roster if Tyler were healthy.

smith isnt a basketball decision, I wouldnt be surprised if he stays the entire year.