Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: Best career ever?

on all levels, considering the competition they faced, and what they accomplished I don't think there is a more decorated player than Kareem or Russell so to me it's a debate between them two. MJ is the greatest player of all time to me, and holds many records but in terms of having the most accomplished career I don't think he quite stacks up.

that being said, I think Kareem has a slight edge simply because of the time period(s) he played in (yes I know, I said it) when the centre position was much stronger than it was in Russells era. Not taking away from Russell but the game of basketball had been transformed by the time Kareem got to UCLA and was much different from when Russell was in college. Even so he won BACK to BACK to BACK chips and BACK to BACK to BACK NPOY awards. To me his college career is the kicker in this argument

Michael Jordan is the greatest player to ever play any sport. He would probably take the cake for the best career if he didn't retire twice.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    Michael Jordan is the greatest player to ever play any sport. He would probably take the cake for the best career if he didn't retire twice.
    What do you base that on? There are people that played in other sports that played longer, won more, were more dominant, etc.

any of
    Kareem
    Russell
    Wilt
    Jordan
    in any order greatest of all time

6 titles,most dominant college career,most PTs,20 yr career,Famous Skyhook

Most titles,Most dominant team,amazing college career,2nd in rebound all time,11 Championships in 13 years,Mr Finals MVP

Quickest to 20,000 PTs all time 499 games,1st in Rebounds all time,50 pt season,25 rebound season,100 PTS in 1 game,most likely 1st in blocks all time,The Record Book

6 Championships,a decade of dominance,revitalized NBA made it worldwide,6 mvps,first guard to 30000 pts,A global brand Jordan,3 back to back championships twice

Any of these 4 and only these 4 currently so far
    maybe magic,bird,shaq
    if Kobe,Duncan can do more in upcoming years

too early for current stars (wade,lebron,Durant,cp3,rose)