Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default Theories on LeBron James: WTF?

Count me amongst those who now wholly believe there is no more talented player in the NBA today than LeBron James. That said, and please refrain from the hating and the jokes, there are lots of threads for those, what has happened to him the '10 Boston series and so far in the Finals? Why does he shy away from the ball? Play conservative on defense? Take almost no shots? Seem unaffected by losing?

What are your opinions, insights, theories as to why he can be so good for so much of the time and then, not fail, but simply not seem to try when the stage is biggest?

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Theories on LeBron James: WTF?

he's not as great at creating his own offense as his fans would like you to belive. Against a sophistcated defense that can shut down the lane, lebron is hapless. Lebron relies on the pick and roll more than any other superstars ever in this league and if the other team defends that well Lebron can't get a shot off other than the contested jumpshot.

That's why he dissappears, cuz he actually can't do it.
    Slow first step, poor footwork, not post threat, ------->inconsistent offense

I have a couple o' theories:

- Lebron not mentally strong.
    - Lebron not strong mentally.
    - Lebron mentally strong, not.

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
    Count me amongst those who now wholly believe there is no more talented player in the NBA today than LeBron James. That said, and please refrain from the hating and the jokes, there are lots of threads for those, what has happened to him the '10 Boston series and so far in the Finals? Why does he shy away from the ball? Play conservative on defense? Take almost no shots? Seem unaffected by losing?

What are your opinions, insights, theories as to why he can be so good for so much of the time and then, not fail, but simply not seem to try when the stage is biggest?
    He is just over hyped. Not as good as the expectations on him suggest.

He is still a star in the league, but when he is said to be as good as MJ or Kobe, it is just not the case.

There is no mysterious theory or conspiracy, he just isn't on the level of those past greats he is compared to or some say he is better than. Not everyone can win and ring, or a finals MVP, or dominate every finals game they play. It just puts into perspective how good those players that have accomplished such feats really are and throwing around terms like G.O.A.T (no pun intended) should not be done so lightly.

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey
    he's not as great at creating his own offense as his fans would like you to belive. Against a sophistcated defense that can shut down the lane, lebron is hapless. Lebron relies on the pick and roll more than any other superstars ever in this league and if the other team defends that well Lebron can't get a shot off other than the contested jumpshot.

That's why he dissappears, cuz he actually can't do it.
    Slow first step, poor footwork, not post threat, ------->inconsistent offense

THIS...but he has developed some sort of 15' - 20' turnaround/fadeaway J (since coming into the NBA)...but it seems like he doesn't have the great confidence in it like other Past/present Greats had in their go to moves.

Most of his game rely's on speed and power to create(face up to the rim and rely on Physical to overpower your opponent) ....while that is a great combination.....I always felt the truly great ones relied more on deceptiveness rather then just bullying..

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    I have a couple o' theories:

- Lebron not mentally strong.
    - Lebron not strong mentally.
    - Lebron mentally strong, not.

Banned

Not sure about the boston series but i believe Wade and Bron have the same issues a lot of ball/shot dominant perimeter players have; They can't feed off each other or haven't figured it out yet and it's just easier to sit around and watch. It happens on every level and requires major chemistry to overcome..

Local High School Star

Lebron is an expert at registering the right stats on paper but he's never been the player that the media hypes him up to be.

Banned

lack of handles. lack of a post game. lack of a jumper. lack of craftiness.

With athletic 7'0 footers in the paint and Marion, he cant do his go to bulldozing moves. His lack of consistent jumper is hurting him. ,

And some Lebron Stans said he was a great shooter and a better shooter than Durant

Not saying i disagree with everything I've read in response, but my question pertains more to the difference in his approach. I agree LeBron has limitations to his offense that could and should be covered, but I more see a change in body language, style of play, demeanor etc. and that is what I am speaking to.

Not saying i disagree with everything I've read in response, but my question pertains more to the difference in his approach. I agree LeBron has limitations to his offense that could and should be covered, but I more see a change in body language, style of play, demeanor etc. and that is what I am speaking to.

RED FLAG ALERT - He left a back to back 63 win team...who was in the NBA Finals 3 years prior..

now..maybe I'm way off base...but that is a definite sign right there ....

Banned

There is more to a player than just talent. You know what makes guys like Jordan, Kobe, Magic, Bird, Duncan, Shaq, etc great? It's because of their "Never back down" attitude. When the going gets tough for LeBron, he says "f*ck it why try?" He would rather just shrink instead of trying to will himself back into the game whether it be on offense or defense.

Basketball is as much of a mind game as it is a physical one...if not more so

Banned

Lebron needs to develop some offensives moves, a reliable jumpshot, postgame, footwork, if he can't bulldoze his way to the basket he can't do anything, he's getting shut down by marion. The guy is mentally weak for reals.

it really is his mentality.

wade has been on fire and there has been no reason for
    him to shoot because he should be passin to wade.
    since wade has been playin so good while he is in the game lebron
    has lost his rythm.

simple as that

im drunk as hell...........

Banned

Pressure. You cant shoot when your heart is racing and your knees are about to buckle