Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Good High School Starter

Default Re: Joakim Noah vs. Biblical Noah

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
    I wish there was a TV show where people could ask these questions to people who do believe in things like the story of Noah's Ark.
    Why? They would just say "God did it"

Quote Originally Posted by icewill36
    lol @ anyone believing in the story of noahs ark....

how did animals native only to australia get on the ark ??? did they swim across the ocean to get there ??

if there were only two, are all animals products of incest ??

how did all of these animals co-exist on a big boat without eating each other ???

how did they keep the boat sanitary ??? thats alot of sh!t to clean up LOL

LMFAO @ anyone who believes that non-sense
    I think of the Bible as mostly symbolism, but there is proof of a flood. Maybe it was just a flood of the middle eastern region and maybe he just brought as many animals as he could (like livestock, for instance.)

But more than likely it's just a symbolic story that has really gained ground over the years.

Just like, you know, old dude being swallowed by the Whale, parting the red sea... I think that people get it twisted. I personally have faith that anything can happen, but that those probably didn't happen. It's not saying they couldn't happen... and nobody is trying to discredit the power of God, but on the other hand, it's irrelevant and your belief in God shouldn't hinge on adhering to the absolute letter of the Bible. If it does, you are in for a rude awakening. Take a class on religion or the Bible.

-Smak

Local High School Star BrentISballin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
    I wish there was a TV show where people could ask these questions to people who do believe in things like the story of Noah's Ark.
    Theres nothing to prove, what would be the point of a show?

The fact is our minds don't have the capacity to try and logically figure out the super natural, yet somehow everybody is a genius once they read a few books and can use their common sense and logic to solve the past and future

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred
    Chicago fans, of course, will go for Joakim. They are such homers.
    you sound sweet as hell bro.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    I think of the Bible as mostly symbolism, but there is proof of a flood. Maybe it was just a flood of the middle eastern region and maybe he just brought as many animals as he could (like livestock, for instance.)

But more than likely it's just a symbolic story that has really gained ground over the years.

Just like, you know, old dude being swallowed by the Whale, parting the red sea... I think that people get it twisted. I personally have faith that anything can happen, but that those probably didn't happen. It's not saying they couldn't happen... and nobody is trying to discredit the power of God, but on the other hand, it's irrelevant and your belief in God shouldn't hinge on adhering to the absolute letter of the Bible. If it does, you are in for a rude awakening. Take a class on religion or the Bible.

-Smak
    symbolism my ass... the bible states he built a boat that was about the size of a couple football fields.... how the **** did one man build that ? there arent enough trees in the middle east for that.

religious people dont ask questions and refuse to apply any kind of logic or ration. they just use typical copout, "all things are possible through god." even though it makes no damn sense AT ALL. but its funny if i say i believed the stories in greek mythology they'd say i was an idiot because all that stuff is ridiculous.... and noahs ark isn't ? SMH

and i believe it IS important to be able to believe what the bible says to faith, since it is really the only kind "proof" of his existence. if you cant believe whats in its pages, why would you even follow that religion and base your life around it ? people are sheep plain and simple. they figure it must be true if millions of others believe it.

National High School Star dough's Avatar

i choose mother goose over noah. more realistic.

NEVER forget da SONICS RainierBeachPoet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by icewill36
    lol @ anyone believing in the story of noahs ark....

how did animals native only to australia get on the ark ??? did they swim across the ocean to get there ??

if there were only two, are all animals products of incest ??

how did all of these animals co-exist on a big boat without eating each other ???

how did they keep the boat sanitary ??? thats alot of sh!t to clean up LOL

LMFAO @ anyone who believes that non-sense
    hint: do not read the story literally but as an explanation of the effects of sin and its effects among humans, God and creation

God wants a LA Lakers/Cleavland Cavs final! Go all-powerfulness!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 824
    Not even Jesus likes the city of Cleveland, he sacrificed himself for our sins (except for those that reside in Cleveland).
    well they live in Cleveland so they are kind of paying for their sins already , no need for Jesus to help them out on that

I rule the local playground

documentation? shit, what the bible? theres no proof whatsoever jesus even existed .. not even any witness accounts at all.

jus sayin

Quote Originally Posted by HeyMarkus
    documentation? shit, what the bible? theres no proof whatsoever jesus even existed .. not even any witness accounts at all.

jus sayin

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josephus_on_Jesus.

Josephus was not a Christian.

Physical Appearance of Jesus

Facial composite of Yeshua Bar Josef. ( Jesus, Son of Joseph)

Banned

debating religion is like calling someone fugly

you know he's fugly, he knows he's fugly, but you just can't say it in his face, because that's not respectful

lol, i mean what normal people would really believe that noah stuff? they just wouldn't admit it that it's made up

jesus of coney island > jesus of the nazareth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TennesseeFan
    Whatever you think.

Its historical documentiation, with the birth, death and ressurection of Christ verifiying all of it 2,000 years ago.

Joakim is the real deal, he's got my vote.

NBA rookie of the year

I laughed my ass off at the title of the thread alone. Then the OP did it. Bravo.