Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Damn. I just had to fight a "Frost Dragon" took me over 5 minutes to kill. Powerful son of a bit*h.

Having MASSIVE problems in this area where I'm looking for Alduir's Wall. It's literally glitching nonstop, crashing nonstop and not reloading my games. First time I've been pissed off playing this game!

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    What card do you have now?

Skyrim really doesn't seem like much of a system hog to me. I'm playing it pretty much maxed out on an intel i5, Radeon 5850 with 4 gb ram that I bought early last year I think (maybe 2 years ago? I can't remember).
    Using a 450 GTS right now, 4 GB DDR3, Phenom Quad @ 3.2.

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

Lol. Took down two Draugr Deathlords with the Wabbajack.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    Wait so aiming sucks in the game? (@Clippersfan)
    if you want my opinion for me using a bow is kinda difficult but using the magic is pretty smooth

Banned

took me a while to start blazing through my quick equip menu

now that I've mastered it this game is so much better and i feel in way much more control

just went to Morthal to get meeko (which was a success)

as i walked into the city an argument broke out and just as i was walking up i totall wasnt even listening because a dragon attacked the city!!!

mind. blown. again.

ps. @clippersfan the arcane mage tip worked wonders, he was chillin forty feet away just nailing the dragon. a couple shouts and a few swings with a two hand sword and down she goes

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quick equip? so like switching from bow-dagger? I always wondered how that worked and I was too lazy to look into it

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz
    took me a while to start blazing through my quick equip menu

now that I've mastered it this game is so much better and i feel in way much more control

just went to Morthal to get meeko (which was a success)

as i walked into the city an argument broke out and just as i was walking up i totall wasnt even listening because a dragon attacked the city!!!

mind. blown. again.

ps. @clippersfan the arcane mage tip worked wonders, he was chillin forty feet away just nailing the dragon. a couple shouts and a few swings with a two hand sword and down she goes
    Sweet! So you got both companions I recommended? Both are very tough and useful huh?

I'm now on main quest line "The Throat Of The World". I just learned a new shout called "Clear Skies" which blows bad winds away etc. Climbing to mountain summit of the monks to learn the Shout required to kill the big daddy dragon Alduin

Just learned "Dragonrend". It forces dragons to land when I shout at them.

whats this?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    whats this?
    go to riften and go into the pub/inn/bar

there is a mage in there (mercurio or something) who is extremely powerful and if you pay 500 gold he will become your companion

really good for a guy like my character who is excellent at using any type of sword and would benefit from ranged support

To new players, its easy to get to unexplored cities, just use the carriage near the stables. A few gold does the trick.

go to riften and go into the pub/inn/bar

there is a mage in there (mercurio or something) who is extremely powerful and if you pay 500 gold he will become your companion

really good for a guy like my character who is excellent at using any type of sword and would benefit from ranged support
    You missed my question . Is Marcurio+Meeko working excellent for you? I love him because he never ends up on knees (dying, leaves battle) like the few other melee and the ranged mercenaries I tried. Meaning he's very smart and doesn't stand around getting hit like a jackass. Plus when he goes all out on spells he's a beast. I'm a Mage and I love the way he works with my team. I let Meeko (dog for those new to this thread) and my Frost Atronach (summoned demon) tank for me and Marcurio is in the back shooting arcane spells.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    You missed my question . Is Marcurio+Meeko working excellent for you? I love him because he never ends up on knees (dying, leaves battle) like the few other melee and the ranged mercenaries I tried. Meaning he's very smart and doesn't stand around getting hit like a jackass. Plus when he goes all out on spells he's a beast. I'm a Mage and I love the way he works with my team. I let Meeko (dog for those new to this thread) and my Frost Atronach (summoned demon) tank for me and Marcurio is in the back shooting arcane spells.
    he works great

i had faendal before and he was terrible, always getting knocked out and shit
    everytime i would steal something he would always say some goody twoshoes line, i was getting tired of it

then all of a sudden i told him to wait in dragonsreach and he disappears and he had TONS of my gear and loot!!

had to trace him back to riverwood and "convince" him of giving my things back if you know what i mean

i do my best damage up close so having him at range it limits the amount of hits i need to take larger enemies down, since getting him my level has one from 12 to 15 which is pretty good considering it starts to slow down considerably

since i got both meeko and the mage at the same time i dont know how much more the dog helps but he is definitely down for the cause haha