Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 07-22-2006, 04:27 PM   #16
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Lightbulb Wet dream..for a webzine..

Wow, calling our GM horrible...

Anyways, Rick Adelman's time in Sacramento was through. He was getting old, freaking a montoned person because the Maloofs want energy off the bench and someone who actually smiles and has intensity. Rick...was none of this...he was a great coach but, his time came to in end.
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 04:12 PM   #17
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Talking You're old ways...

Just have to wait and see what Eric Musselman has up his sleeves. Geoff Petrie and the Maloofs loved him, so I have all the confidence in the world he will be great for us.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:08 PM   #18
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czar
Because Adelman never takes a team to the next level which is a championship.

They had a couple of chances a few years back...the year cweb went down they were playing at such a high level and would have beaten the mavs to move onto the west finals had web not injured himself..he was playing extremely well and i think they would have won the series and possiblly a title had he not been injured...plus the year horry drained the 3 on them and tied the series was a year they couldve gone pretty far had horry not drained that shot...these arnt the coahes fault..sometimes things just happen...
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 08:44 PM   #19
marny_navis
Banned

Adelman was the best the best thing that ever happened to you guys, and you got rid of him. :confused:

marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:37 PM   #20
insidehoops
Administrator

Emoticons don't replace useful thoughts worth reading
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 03:44 AM   #21
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
Emoticons don't replace useful thoughts worth reading

lol owned.

anyway adelman will have to be defensive-minded if he were to continue coaching this new-look sacto team. thats something he wasn't really good at
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:00 AM   #22
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Lightbulb Poachers in your house.....

Adelman is great coach on offense, but a mediocre coach on defense...Really depends whose on your team too..style of paly and such...

Kings under Adelman were once the best scoring league in the team.

Kings under Adelman were once the best defensive percentage team or whatever the heck that is....can't think right now.

So yeah...he's gone anyways. Some team that needs offensive coaching probably should hire him....
Old 12-14-2006, 01:10 AM   #23
Targus™
National High School Star

Thumbs down

No!
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:19 AM   #24
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Wow I started reading this topic and I can't believe the BS I typed. It's like "I typed that? I thought that? WTF was I drinking with Muss or something?"

Targus you're a genious for bringing this up.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:22 AM   #25
Targus™
National High School Star

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Horrible decision making by the GM. Rick Adelman is a good coach. Do you guys remember the SAC -LAL rivalry before. His coaching help them beat the Lakers sometimes. I dont think this guy has what it takes to coach to Kings to the playoffs this season.

i laughed at this laker fan now i bet he's laughing at me.

I agree BM, I really thought muss would be a great coach and we would be like the spurs or something...
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 09:47 AM   #26
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

My posting style has changed so much in the last few months. I can't believe it.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:57 AM   #27
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Wow I started reading this topic and I can't believe the BS I typed. It's like "I typed that? I thought that? WTF was I drinking with Muss or something?"

Targus you're a genious for bringing this up.
lmao lol i was like is this the same BM who bashed Muss in another thread no later than a day ago lol.....

well my view on this is...no it wasnt the Best decision but it surely was a good one

Muss just needs time imo you cant coach and play .....he doesnt have the players on the team to make him and the team look good

lets look at avery johnson for a sec.... do you think he could make this current roster a good team???
Yes he is a good coach but he cant make us any better than we are now When he took over that half of season for the Mavs...he had players who can play the game of basketball they only needed some defensive guidance

Lets look at Rudy T, when the lakers traded shaq and got srubs plus LO, now Rudy T is a spectacular coach but they didnt make the playoffs that year because they didnt have the players and on top of that kobe went out for 14 games causing the lakers to have a 35 win total. But lets be real some will say, "oh if kobe didnt go out they would of made the playoffs" 35+14=49 still tho lol realisticaly no way the lakers could of won all 14 games!!

now here we have Muss..who imo is a very good coach! he just needs time and players on the roster who firstly, can be healthy, 2)obtaining a guy who can carry the team on his back
Now lets take a look at our roster:
We have no one who is a go to guy, we have no identity(fast pace or pound it inside) all we kno for sure is WE SUCK!! and thats all Larry brown was trying to say...C'mon now who is better than larry brown??? ...All he was saying was look Yes i am a good coach but i dnt have the players to play the style i want to play and players who fit into our system.

Why hire a defensive coach if you only have ALL offensive players and a Ron artest!!!????!!!! But this where "Rebuilding" comes into play imo

in closing i jus feel we need to give him a chance: just like how knicks gave larry brown (team stunk) zeke (team stinks) rudy t (team stunk) The general(team was already good) laurence frank (team stunk made them good,because he got the players he wanted) and our very own Muss (team stinks, looks like he will get some players he want in the near future)
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:03 AM   #28
Buck
Learning to shoot layups

Success in the NBA does not come easily for new, young coaches. Eric Musselman has made mistakes. (and will continue to do so.) Fans will always have high expectations for a new leader. IMO, the Kings have less talent than any other team in the Western Conference. I think it's way to early to place blame on the coaching staff for the team's failures.
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:08 AM   #29
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

i just feel the kings need a superstar for once.... a star known internationally. i mean hey! i live no where close to Sacramento hell lol i live in the caribbean west coast bound lol. I LOVE THE KINGS!!! and i think we are well over due for a finals appearance

We just need a star!! because i'm sure you would never go to the basketball park and hear a guy say while he is shaking and breaking ankles, " you better dnt D up cuz i'll break ya ankle how 'Salmons' does" and..."did you see that shot i just made, damn y'all better hold me cuz i'm gettin hot like Hart" lol ...catch my drift lol we are due for a star
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 07:41 PM   #30
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

This is real life:

I was playing ball and took it to the rim. They guy sort of just watched me take it to him and basically, let me score without even contesting the shot.

Next thing you hear: "Damn, he just pulled a brad miller"
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: