Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Who you taking? Kawhi on a 5yr Max deal or Zion on a 5yr Rookie contract

This thread

Default Re: Who you taking? Kawhi on a 5yr Max deal or Zion on a 5yr Rookie contract

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    Kawhi easy. Known commodity vs unknown.
    Zion is about to get a 100 million shoe contract before ever playing a game, his appeal is beyond basketball. Kawhi isn't putting ass in seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    What if he's the next AD?
    So be it, you act like Kawhi/AD is far off.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    If you were the Pelicans and had to make a choice, who would you take?

Kawhi turns 29 at the end of the month. Not a guy you can count on to be the spokesman of your team and could have lingering injury issues. But is a proven superstar.

Zion is a guy who's not afraid to talk and no problem showing emotions on the court. He was basically must see TV at Duke and could carry that over for years to come but still has to prove he belongs in the league.
    How can he turn 29 at the end of this month when he is 27?

Do I pick a rookie who hasn't even played a game in the NBA or a guy who just won a championship and a FMVP?

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    Zion is about to get a 100 million shoe contract before ever playing a game, his appeal is beyond basketball. Kawhi isn't putting ass in seats.

So be it, you act like Kawhi/AD is far off.
    Kawhi is considered by many the best player in basketball. Zion...sells shoes. Is this really what we are arguing?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Kawhi is considered by many the best player in basketball. Zion...sells shoes. Is this really what we are arguing?
    The question is which do the Pelicans take, which goes beyond basketball ability. I'm looking at their franchise at a whole. They're going to be on national TV a lot more, sell more merchandise, boost in ticket sales, larger TV contract. All of this needs to be in consideration.

The question is which do the Pelicans take, which goes beyond basketball ability. I'm looking at their franchise at a whole. They're going to be on national TV a lot more, sell more merchandise, boost in ticket sales, larger TV contract. All of this needs to be in consideration.
    Serious question, what makes Zion more hyped than AD was, beyond the initial couple months, particularly if the Pelicans aren't any better for his first few seasons?

NO isn't LA, Boston or NY. And Zion isn't Lebron. So unless the Pelicans are legitimately contending, I can't see why Zion will get any more talk than AD did, keeping in mind that kind of numbers AD has put up over his career.

Yeah I see what you're saying but that's the Kobe post Achilles argument. If the team stinks, I'm not sure ticket sales and national TV revenue stays high. Having said that, I have no idea how good, mediocre, or bad Zion will be. But that's the point. It might well be another Wiggins situation. If it is, that merchandise isnt going to keep flying off the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Serious question, what makes Zion more hyped than AD was, beyond the initial couple months, particularly if the Pelicans aren't any better for his first few seasons?

NO isn't LA, Boston or NY. And Zion isn't Lebron. So unless the Pelicans are legitimately contending, I can't see why Zion will get any more talk than AD did, keeping in mind that kind of numbers AD has put up over his career.
    We don't know, that's what makes sports entertaining. For now, he's the hottest NBA name heading into next season.

They had the quiet superstar in AD and it didn't work out for them.

Can you show me the empty seats during Toronto's run?

Kawhi

Quote Originally Posted by Overdrive
    Can you show me the empty seats during Toronto's run?
    Raptors were selling out with Derozan.

"Pelicans," not every team in the league. The Lakers/Raptors take Kawhi without thinking twice.