Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

Default Re: What's the need for a super-team with Durant out? What was the need in 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    And

- 2011 choke
    - 3 straight losses as the favorite from 09-11
    - Record defeat in 14' despite even odds
    - worst-ever Finals performance in 07'
    - mental breakdowns in 10' ECSF, 11' Finals, and 18' Finals Game 1 OT
    - only 51 wins and underdog status in 17' despite prime kyrie and love.. unable to win 60+ like Kawhi and have better odds
    -Missed playoffs in West
    -Opposing position players collect FMVP off him
    -Da Real Lambo/Delonte West

-Getting roasted by Charles Barkley for collusion.
    [QUOTE=Charles Barkley]The Cleveland Cavaliers, they have given him everything he wanted. They have the highest payroll in NBA history. He wanted J.R. Smith last summer, they paid him. He wanted (Iman) Shumpert last summer. They brought in Kyle Korver.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: What's the need for a super-team with Durant out? What was the need in 2011?

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    Durant was the super team.
    Westbrook
    Harden
    Ibaka

Oh my.
    bran formed the super-team because he couldn't make the Finals in 09/10 - Durant had nothing to do with it and his bench-playing cast wasn't on the radar back then

Look, it's one thing to form a super-team in the West where the conference is tough and requires a great team to make the Finals... But Bran formed a super-team in a conference where Dwight was dragging a weak cast to the Finals, so his Finals runs were complete manufactured - the 00's East had many weak casts make the Finals.. so lebron forming a strong cast is like a golf pro getting a handicap against an amateur

Local High School Star

The whole premise of the thread is ****ed.

The fact that GSW will presumably be down next year opens up a window. There's more need than ever to create a super-team to try to capitalize.

bran formed the super-team because he couldn't make the Finals in 09/10 - Durant had nothing to do with it and his bench-playing cast wasn't on the radar back then

Look, it's one thing to form a super-team in the West where the conference is tough and requires a great team to make the Finals... But Bran formed a super-team in a conference where Dwight was dragging a weak cast to the Finals, so his Finals runs were complete manufactured - the 00's East had many weak casts make the Finals.. so lebron forming a strong cast is like a golf pro getting a handicap against an amateur
    Three MVP
    Defensive player of the year nominee.

Oh my.

Three MVP
    Defensive player of the year nominee.

Oh my.
    Lebron lost with a top 5 all-time player - Shaq in 2010.. and a league MVP in 2018 (Rose)

Oh my

Lebron lost with a top 5 all-time player - Shaq in 2010.. and a league MVP in 2018 (Rose)

Oh my
    He beat three mvp.

73 win team

Duncan/Leonard GOAT duo

Oh my.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Photoshop with Lakers jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Utah were expected to take out the Bulls in 1998. Going into the finals, a lot of pundits were sceptical about the Bulls' chances. They then proceeded to lose game 1 in overtime and the writing appeared to be on the wall.
    Instead, they reeled off 3 straight wins including a 96-54 destruction in game 3 before taking game 6 after narrowly losing their first close out game.
    Yeah due to all that offensive fire power they added in the off season.

Utah was the same team offensively that they were the year before. Don't know how the fvck people (and the Jazz themselves) thought they could get over the hump by doubling Adam Keefe's minutes and cutting Osterstiff's in half from the year before.

I'm not saying you're wrong about the Jazz' expectations, but not sure why people thought that. It's not like Utah got younger and better on offense. It's was quite the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Yeah due to all that offensive fire power they added in the off season.

Utah was the same team offensively that they were the year before. Don't know how the fvck they thought they could get over the hump by doubling Adam Keefe's minutes and cutting Osterstiff's in half from the year before.

I'm not saying you're wrong about the Jazz' expectations, but not sure why people thought that. It's not like Utah got younger and better on offense. It's was quite the opposite.
    Bulls were tired from the 3-peat and vulnerable from getting all-but-beaten in the ECF?

Sounds about right... Like, the Warriors get babied for being banged up but the Bulls don't??... MJ was the only one NOT banged up and playing well - a testament to his goatness - no excuses - he won with a banged up team due to goat clutch and offensive carry-job (a record 38% of team points and record 34 ppg in 82 pace series)

Replace MJ with Caruso on the 80s Bulls team and people would be wearing Air Caruso's right now.

Op is beside himself at the prospect of Lebron actually having a decent team while the Warriors have had their voltron lineup for the last 3 years. What superduper team are you expecting? According to most throughout the season Davis was just a soft stat padding loser. Lebron was finally in decline and was never gonna be anything in the west. And who else you think they'll get? Jesus? You looking pretty shook up over this pal. More than usual for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness

Photoshop with Lakers jerseys
    "Magic Johnson would have returned to Michigan State rather than play for the Chicago Bulls.

"I'd have stayed in school," he said here Tuesday, standing alone outside Gate 3 1/2 of Chicago Stadium, the house that could have been his. "A coin toss changed the course of my whole life."

Chicago called heads in a 1979 coin flip with Los Angeles for the No. 1 pick in the NBA college draft. It came up tails.

Johnson signed with the Lakers after his sophomore year of college and proceeded to win five championships. The Bulls picked second, took UCLA's David Greenwood and have won no championships.

"I wouldn't have played here," Johnson said on the eve of Game 2 of the NBA finals between his team and the team that could have been his. "The only reason I came out was to play with Kareem and the Lakers."

College superstar

Yes, a super-team was needed to beat KG/Pierce/Allen/Rondo in 2011. To beat the Warriors, a team who has been to 5 straight Finals, yes a super team needs to be formed. FYI, these moves were being worked before the Finals when KD went down. Wasn

Bulls were tired from the 3-peat and vulnerable from getting all-but-beaten in the ECF?

Sounds about right... Like, the Warriors get babied for being banged up but the Bulls don't??... MJ was the only one NOT banged up and playing well - a testament to his goatness - no excuses - he won with a banged up team due to goat clutch
    Utah went 7gms in the WCF in 1996 and then went to B2B Finals. Jazz were just as tired.

"Magic Johnson would have returned to Michigan State rather than play for the Chicago Bulls.

"I'd have stayed in school," he said here Tuesday, standing alone outside Gate 3 1/2 of Chicago Stadium, the house that could have been his. "A coin toss changed the course of my whole life."

Chicago called heads in a 1979 coin flip with Los Angeles for the No. 1 pick in the NBA college draft. It came up tails.

Johnson signed with the Lakers after his sophomore year of college and proceeded to win five championships. The Bulls picked second, took UCLA's David Greenwood and have won no championships.

"I wouldn't have played here," Johnson said on the eve of Game 2 of the NBA finals between his team and the team that could have been his. "The only reason I came out was to play with Kareem and the Lakers."
    Magic knew he couldn't win in Chicago and needed the goat center to win

Meanwhile, the goat happily joins Chicago and wins 6 rings in his first 11 full seasons...