Went on the market yesterday morning. Had 5 showings and two offers yesterday afternoon. One guy offered me 3% below list price. I'm inclined to take it but considering it's been on the market less than a day, I may hold off.
Honestly I'm just kind of over it, and either way, I'll be pocketing over $30k after all is said and done.
Wife wants list price though, so... how do I politely tell her she's stupid?
tell her I waited 6 years , and finally sold my lake home.
Take the money and run. If it comes up a little short , you could be paying tax's until it is sold, and it would be more than the difference.
I wouldn't be so quick to accept an offer that comes in under asking.
The buyer can try to weasel the price even lower during the inspection process, etc.
I like when listings state that there will be 2-3 group showings and that ALL offers will be reviewed on the Friday following the showings. This would put the pressure on the buyers (which sounds like you'd have a few) to get their best offers in right away.
Of course there's always the chance that you turn down this offer and nothing comes in at or above that price but that sounds unlikely.
Perhaps, but we are talking about a 3% difference in price.
I get that some people would like to hold out for those few extra dollars, but I'm the type to take what I've got and be happy with it.
Especially considering we never planned on getting list price to begin with. We had always assumed 3% less, but because of the huge attention we got on our house day one, now she's being greedy.
Hold off for more offers. There's no reason to rush, especially given the amount of immediate interest in the property you have seen. Those "few extra dollars" may very well cover closing costs for you. It's not greedy to seek to get as much value out of your property as you can.