Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Boston choosing to sit on their pile of assets has destroyed their team

Quote Originally Posted by ronniec
    How do you know?

Transfer window had already closed? Or not yet opened?
    Who do you think they will target? Horford and Kyrie leaving brings a bad vibe for FA.

Default Re: Boston choosing to sit on their pile of assets has destroyed their team

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    Who do you think they will target? Horford and Kyrie leaving brings a bad vibe for FA.
    Lakers are not going to win anything but there are still players like to go there, and team up with ball hog Lebron. There is no reason Celtics can't sign some good FA, and make some trades.

Heard that they are working to get the 4th pick... be honest, I don't know.
    Even Horford stay, I think they were really thin in the middle since day 1, and need some big bodies.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ronniec
    Set back, absolutely yes, but they are not a rebuilding team either.

People keep saying Ainge should get AD, but keep in mind that, AD never said he wanted to come here. That is the biggest problem.

It is hindsight to say, Ainge was stupid not trade away assets (Tatum/picks) to get AD, but sacrificing too much to get AD's one year service was likely to be happened also.
    If the trade happened and AD not resign, people would still single out Ainge for sacrificing too much.
    The trade never happened, but it could end up Celtics giving up Tatum/Brown/picks, but AD, Kyrie and Horford leaving after the season.
    What is left for the Celtics? Nothing.

That was the risk that Ainge could not take, and I totally understand that.

Who would think, Kyrie was just a snake and lied to the club/fans that he would stay but end up leaving?

Plenty of people.

That is my point...pretending to caught off guard by Kyrie just bouncing is silly. Writing was on the wall for a long time...and, of course, signing him given his history to a monster contract never really made a ton of sense given his fit anyway.

I agree they aren't rebuilding, but Kyrie is a real asset that they got nothing for...

Also, I'm not arguing that they should have traded for AD...I'm saying that was the plan...and they missed out on George and Leonard...and just building the team organically...etc.

It is a real setback. Not a killer, but a real one...should just come to terms with it.

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

Celtics fans still damage controlling.

Keep treading water and never actually contending. These nikkas like rebuilding so much they sat on their assets to continue being a

[QUOTE=RealSkipBayless]Celtics fans still damage controlling.

Keep treading water and never actually contending. These nikkas like rebuilding so much they sat on their assets to continue being a

Very good NBA starter

The underrated thing with Boston is that Ainge sat on his assets trying to wait out Lebron. Other teams in the east were making bolder moves..... bit him in the butt.

You have cap space yet no one of high impact wants to go there.

Rozier is Reggie Jackson. A great 6th man who should never be leading your team long term.

Tatum has age on his side. If he can be a 25ppg scorer with all around game, then Boston has an enticing piece.

But until then, they have a bunch of mid young (24-26 year old) guys that want to get paid in 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    [/B]

Plenty of people.

That is my point...pretending to caught off guard by Kyrie just bouncing is silly. Writing was on the wall for a long time...and, of course, signing him given his history to a monster contract never really made a ton of sense given his fit anyway.

I agree they aren't rebuilding, but Kyrie is a real asset that they got nothing for...

Also, I'm not arguing that they should have traded for AD...I'm saying that was the plan...and they missed out on George and Leonard...and just building the team organically...etc.

It is a real setback. Not a killer, but a real one...should just come to terms with it.
    Kyrie was just a rental, he could leave if he wanted to, which he did.
    He was not really an "asset".

Trading him for AD was the same scenario, to "rent" AD for a year and he could walk away. Boston was never AD's desired destination, keep in mind. Another risky move, but Celtics did not fell for it.

Since Kyrie could leave as a FA, who would give up big to get his one-season service?

Be realistic, nobody would do that.
    Multiple draft picks, and/or salary that match, nobody would do that.

I don't see how "not trading" Kyrie was stupid.
    The club did want him to stay (and he said so), but before signing the extension, he was NEVER an asset and no club would give up big to trade for him.

I do agree that, missing out George and Leonard hurts.

The only stupid thing that Celtics did, was Stevens persisted with Hayward for way too long. He had too many minutes and that affected Tatum and Brown very much.