Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-10-2011, 07:21 AM   #1
DeronMillsap
Banned

Lightbulb Rose or Thibodeau: who deserves more credit for the Bulls surprising great season?

Rose has carried the Bulls through out the season with Boozer missing the first month of the season and Noah missing the last two+ months.

The Bulls as a team are #2 in defense(points allowed) and rebounds so Coach Thibs is doing something right with his team.

Aside from Rose, who's having an MVP-caliber season, and Boozer they have an average roster. I excluded Noah because he missed 2+ months, you can probably say the same about Boozer too since he's missed a good amount of games too.

Who do you think deserves more credit for the Bulls success, Rose or Thibodeau?

Discuss.
DeronMillsap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:26 AM   #2
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Rose or Thibodeau: who deserves more credit for the Bulls surprising great season?

IMO its Derrick Rose. But Coach Tom is doing an excellent job.

Derrick is my pick because he went from allstar player to superstar player in a year. His game has improve so much. 3point shot, defense, decision making and making his teammates look better.
8BeastlyXOIAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:35 AM   #3
DeronMillsap
Banned

Default Re: Rose or Thibodeau: who deserves more credit for the Bulls surprising great season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
IMO its Derrick Rose. But Coach Tom is doing an excellent job.

Derrick is my pick because he went from allstar player to superstar player in a year. His game has improve so much. 3point shot, defense, decision making and making his teammates look better.
I'm not surprised by Rose's numbers because I knew he would get those but I'm very surprised by his team's record and how he has been carrying his team through key injuries. He wouldn't be in the MVP discussion if his team was slightly above .500 so the head coach is just as critical in this success as the star is.

I don't know I'm kinda in a toss up between the two; one rookie head coach and the other barely put his previous teams in the playoffs(2009 and 2010). I might be wrong but didn't the 2009 and 2010 Bulls crawled their ways into the playoffs? I know the East is weak but still. It wasn't like they were supposed to be a 2nd/3rd seeding team this year.

They're not supposed to be this good is what I'm trying to say. :P
Old 02-10-2011, 07:36 AM   #4
PurpleChuck
Banned

^^^I agree with all these posts.
PurpleChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:39 AM   #5
DeronMillsap
Banned

Apart of me is jealous because they got 3 former Jazz players on their team and the Jazz were never a top 2-3 team.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:46 AM   #6
coin24
NBA Superstar

With the players the Bulls added I honestly thought they were good for the 4-5th seed, nothing higher..

They have really surprised me this year so far Very impressed with Rose, I used to laugh at posters for saying he was MVP worthy but man, he is a BEAST..

Improved 3 point shot, defence, effort etc, he is playing amazingly well...

I dont normally get into the best pg bullshit on here, cp3 v d-will etc, but i would honestly take rose over any of those other guys right now...

Thibs is doing an awesome job aswell. Be good to see how they go with Noah back.. ( when is that btw? )

Only thing is, I cant see them beating Miami or Boston in a series. Everyone else in the east not a prob imo...
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:53 AM   #7
DeronMillsap
Banned

Has there ever been an MVP winner and Coach of the Year winner from the same team?

I know LeBron might be leading the MVP race but Rose might still have a shot.

Coach Thibs should definitely get it. Bulls were 41-41 last year, and you know that award usually awards the coach that improved his team the most. He actually might be one of the rare deserving COTY winners.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:12 AM   #8
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
Has there ever been an MVP winner and Coach of the Year winner from the same team?

I know LeBron might be leading the MVP race but Rose might still have a shot.

Coach Thibs should definitely get it. Bulls were 41-41 last year, and you know that award usually awards the coach that improved his team the most. He actually might be one of the rare deserving COTY winners.

I think some guy by the name of Lebron James and outstanding coach Mike Brown did it.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:17 AM   #9
DeronMillsap
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BeastlyXOIAD
I think some guy by the name of Lebron James and outstanding coach Mike Brown did it.
@ me

And @ Brown winning a COTY award.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:20 AM   #10
DeronMillsap
Banned

Nash-Dantoni and Duncan-Popovich might have did it too this decade.
I wasn't thinking too clearly when I asked that question.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:42 AM   #11
Mirjalovic
Forza Lazio !!!!!!!

Dunno, but they both deserved the credits.

As for Derrick Rose, he is fantastic, not just putting up the stats but wins as well.
Mirjalovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:50 AM   #12
8BeastlyXOIAD
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeronMillsap
@ me

And @ Brown winning a COTY award.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:52 AM   #13
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Players always deserve more credit than the coach, so Rose.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 08:55 AM   #14
Glide2keva
NBA rookie of the year

They are both equally deserving the credit.
Glide2keva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 10:24 AM   #15
Micku
NBA rookie of the year

Thibodeau made them have better offensive sets and better defense.

But he has the role players to do it. Rose improved, but so did Deng. He also got better role players than ever before.
Micku is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: