Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: is lebron the greatest forward of all time? - bill and jalen talk

oh shit never mind that might be al harrington or brendan haywood

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solefade
    there's a good argument there and still magic would be one spot ahead of lebron...

magic: 3 mvps 5 rings (2 as the man)

lebron: if he wins 3 rings as the man, 4 mvps...that doesn't sound biased at all

if lebron wins 4 rings as the man, 4 mvps then he's surely ahead of magic...

I haven't watched the video but did he "discredit" any of Magic, Bird or KAJ rings for not winning FMVP like he did for Kobe?

NBA Superstar

wait so if LeBron wins 3 rings and gets 3 FMVP's then he's on par with someone like Duncan who has 5 rings just because they tie in FMVP's?

Yet LeBron would have 3 rings RIGHT NOW and 2 FMVP's if he didn't choke his ass off in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    wait so if LeBron wins 3 rings and gets 3 FMVP's then he's on par with someone like Duncan who has 5 rings just because they tie in FMVP's?

Yet LeBron would have 3 rings RIGHT NOW and 2 FMVP's if he didn't choke his ass off in 2011.
    Duncan has 4 rings. Thanks for playing.

Good college starter

Always knew you were an uneducated clown.

Fail. As youzhe.

Banned

If LeBron wins two more titles hell be tied with Wilt for nr.1 all time.
    if he wins 3 more and 1-2 MVPS hell go down as the unanimous GOAT. he will break the NBA scoring record too, baring injuries

lololol retard hicks gonna hick.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    I haven't watched the video but did he "discredit" any of Magic, Bird or KAJ rings for not winning FMVP like he did for Kobe?

he said Magic only won 2 as the man, and also played with one of the greatest of all time in KAJ but still has both in top 4 the kicker between magic and kobe are the MVPs

Bill Simmons is an NBA encyclopedia and although he's a boston homer, he's pretty objective

Good High School Starter truhooper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keno
    the kobe part was hilarious tho, jalen gave an honorable mention to kobe and bill ended that argument quickly by saying "one mvp his whole career, first 3 titles shaq was the best player on the team" lmao.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

They said that..."if" Lebron were to win another ring and fmvp this year

Well yea...I mean...he'd have to play great to do that.

If Lebron has 4 mvp's, 5 trips to the finals, 3 titles, and 3 finals mvp's in 11 years while coming out of high school and joining a 17 win team....while putting up some of the best numbers ever while basically hardly ever missing games...

That would be enough to put him slightly ahead of Bird for me. But hew wouldn't be top 5 for me either.

I'd still have

MJ
    Russell
    Magic
    Duncan
    Kareem

Then I'd probably put Lebron 6th all time...

But that is if he wins. If he loses...then he stays right around 10th to 12th all time where he belongs...

Big legacy year for Lebron. A title here pretty much erases the 11 finals. No title and it's 2 titles in 4 years on a loaded team with weak competition 11 through 13 historically...and the single worst finals a star player has ever had in my time watching the game.

Yea...big year for legacy shit. Damn...the NBA playoffs are ****ing amazing...

lebron will never be the player Bird was.
    Just complete different animal, offensively lightyears ahead.
    Everybody knows Bill hates Kobe, he's a celtic homer for crying out loud. And he's not the one to talk about basketball, he didn't even play it as a child, he doesn't know anything besides few historic facts that his team managed to find out. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even write his own book, his predictions are always off, all his arguments are "they should just blow it up". It's actually quite funny looking ant Jalen's face when he listens to bill predict something. It's always "c'mon man, you suck at it, just admit it"

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    They said that..."if" Lebron were to win another ring and fmvp this year

Well yea...I mean...he'd have to play great to do that.

If Lebron has 4 mvp's, 5 trips to the finals, 3 titles, and 3 finals mvp's in 11 years while coming out of high school and joining a 17 win team....while putting up some of the best numbers ever while basically hardly ever missing games...

That would be enough to put him slightly ahead of Bird for me. But hew wouldn't be top 5 for me either.

I'd still have

MJ
    Russell
    Magic
    Duncan
    Kareem

Then I'd probably put Lebron 6th all time...

But that is if he wins. If he loses...then he stays right around 10th to 12th all time where he belongs...

Big legacy year for Lebron. A title here pretty much erases the 11 finals. No title and it's 2 titles in 4 years on a loaded team with weak competition 11 through 13 historically...and the single worst finals a star player has ever had in my time watching the game.

Yea...big year for legacy shit. Damn...the NBA playoffs are ****ing amazing...
    i agree, a 3peat on a herculean effort to win this year is enough to convince the haters too i'd say..and depending on how he wins he squeezes into top 5

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solefade
    i agree, a 3peat on a herculean effort to win this year is enough to convince the haters too i'd say..and depending on how he wins he squeezes into top 5
    It would take a historic performance for him to leap Kareem or Magic or Duncan for me all time after only 11 years...

But I'm open enough for that, but it would take a lot in these playoffs to do that.

Duncan might pass Magic for me though. If Duncan goes like 18/10/3 again like last year while playing great defense and plays a another quality finals and he wins....especially if he got fmvp...damn...I think I'd have to move him over Magic. The longevity and defensive dominance would just be too much I think.
    Last edited by DMAVS41; 04-17-2014 at 06:31 PM.