Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    come on... KG's better than TD... why do you think he won so many season MVP awards???
    Mamm your right!!

Local High School Star

kg > td...but both are phenomenal at their position...and duncan's gone a lot farther than KG has so I might have to switch that.. kg = td?

I usually hit open layups

I dont know how you can think KG is better, Duncan has more MVP's more rings and is just better. He steps up in big games when his team needs him, Kevin seems to hide in those moments.
    cant exactly compare him to bill and wilt, but i thought he was better than karl or any other PF of recent times.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Internet
    I dont know how you can think KG is better, Duncan has more MVP's more rings and is just better. He steps up in big games when his team needs him, Kevin seems to hide in those moments.
    cant exactly compare him to bill and wilt, but i thought he was better than karl or any other PF of recent times.
    duncan also has had WAY better teams than KG.

Tim would have gotten the wolves in the playoffs if he were in kevins position.

National High School Star SsKSpurs21's Avatar

Default .

Quote Originally Posted by final.wrath
    duncan also has had WAY better teams than KG.
    could it also be because duncan MADE those teams better?

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by wally_world
    come on... KG's better than TD... why do you think he won so many season MVP awards???
    Oh Yeah that's right Kg won 1 Season MVP to Duncan's 2 regular season MVPs and 3 Finals MVPs...

And to those posters that say D-Rob was one dimensional...you're on crack he played both ends of the floor...but I'll agree he lacked the fire (was soft)...

I would say

PF
    1. Duncan
    2. Malone
    3. McHale
    4. Garnett

Best Bigs
    1. Wilt/Russel
    2. Hakeem
    3. Kareem
    4. Shaq
    5. Duncan

NBA rookie of the year 04mzwach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
    could it also be because duncan MADE those teams better?
    better than Garnett would? Nope. Did Duncan get a championship everytime he had a good team? Nope. Would Garnett make the Spurs team better too? Of course. Did Garnett have a good team as often as Duncan has? Nope. It's the orginizations fault Garnett doesn't have a ring by now. It will be close games with the Wolves and Spurs next year. Garnett killed him last year.

Thats ridiculous, Duncan didnt get killed, plus he had plantar facititus or how ever you spell it. PF makes every step you take painful its horrible i've had it, I have so much respect for Tim playing through it and doing as well as he did.

Dont even compare kevin to him cos kevin is not in tims league. Only if you bring stats into it does kevin come close, and there is more to basketball then stats.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
    D-Rob got murder my Hakeem, that's why he'll never be in a top 5 discussion.
    Thats a flawed argument there, regular season drob pwned him or they were evenly match, drob was soft in the playoffs.

Then again you got alot centers that was pwned in that 2 year rocket championship runs, ewing was toyed in the finals, shaq was schooled in the finals, now how come they dont get a knock?

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by 04mzwach
    better than Garnett would? Nope. Did Duncan get a championship everytime he had a good team? Nope. Would Garnett make the Spurs team better too? Of course. Did Garnett have a good team as often as Duncan has? Nope. It's the orginizations fault Garnett doesn't have a ring by now. It will be close games with the Wolves and Spurs next year. Garnett killed him last year.
    This is the only excuse i hate hearing from KG fans, just accept the truth that your team is crap and the franchise player who is eating half the teams payroll. There is no one to blame besides everyone related to the organization as a whole. The IF , COULDVE, WOULDVE, REPLACE excuse is lame. Thats just like saying replace jordan on the bulls with drexler and he wouldve had rings....if you wannabe a champion, you gotto earn it, no one is going to hand them out to you.

Now look at the players who played with Garnett and move on:
    marbury went on to be best pg in the league (sarcasm)
    billups, yeh thats right he bounce around the league but found his game in detroit, manage to get a ring and finals mvp and one of the top pgs in the league,
    cassell made brand look like an mvp in 05/06.
    rasho went onto the spurs and wasnt involved much on offense but he accepted his role and manage to win a championship. He didnt resign with the wolves who gave him a good offer.

Now ask yourselves kgfans, whose ****n fault is it? Every year when td vs KG thread comes up, its always the same excuse.

Learning to shoot layups Mrclutch's Avatar

Hakeem got away with tons of travelings

Banned

duncan was the bomb, now he's just a role player and a washed up vet.

Learning to shoot layups Mrclutch's Avatar

Not airballing my layups anymore Rabs_One's Avatar

hes one of the best, but boring as hell !