Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Larry Bird has the same Vertical as Julius Erving

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
    I guess DRAKE looks like the world's most clueless basketball fan now.

I guess DRAKE looks like the world's most clueless basketball fan now.

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    Caldwell Jones in a good example. I recall Wilt coaching Jones and the Conquistadors in the '74 ABA season. The story goes that Wilt was running late for their practice (as always.) During the practice, one of the balls got stuck up in a guidewire well above rim-level. Player after player attempted to tip it out, but none could reach it, including the 6-11 Jones.

A 37 year old Chamberlain finally showed up and asked the players what they were doing. When informed that a ball was stuck, and that none of them could reach it, Chamberlain, in a suit and tie, told the players to put their money on the floor, and that he could reach it. He took off his dress shoes, and proceeded to not only reach it, he easily tapped it down.

Of course, none other than Larry Brown witnessed Wilt dominating a summer league game in the early 80's, and against the likes of Magic and Marques Johnson. He was in his mid-40's at the time.

Kiki Vandewege is also on record as watching a summer league game in the 80's, in which an outraged Wilt through down a vicious dunk against a helpless Mark Eaton. The same 7-4 Eaton who would win TWO DPOYs later in the decade. Here again, Chamberlain was in his mid-40's at the time.

Nice hijack Jlauber

When I opened the thread, I was expecting to see this pic:

Can't post it here. Here's the link....

Last edited by oolalaa; 02-23-2012 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by oolalaa
    When I opened the thread, I was expecting to see this pic:

Can't post it here. Here's the link....

I used to have that picture on my wall as a kid. It probably does show Bird's highest vertical.

jlauber, Wilt was FAR from clutch

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    Caldwell Jones in a good example. I recall Wilt coaching Jones and the Conquistadors in the '74 ABA season. The story goes that Wilt was running late for their practice (as always.) During the practice, one of the balls got stuck up in a guidewire well above rim-level. Player after player attempted to tip it out, but none could reach it, including the 6-11 Jones.

A 37 year old Chamberlain finally showed up and asked the players what they were doing. When informed that a ball was stuck, and that none of them could reach it, Chamberlain, in a suit and tie, told the players to put their money on the floor, and that he could reach it. He took off his dress shoes, and proceeded to not only reach it, he easily tapped it down.

Of course, none other than Larry Brown witnessed Wilt dominating a summer league game in the early 80's, and against the likes of Magic and Marques Johnson. He was in his mid-40's at the time.

Kiki Vandewege is also on record as watching a summer league game in the 80's, in which an outraged Wilt through down a vicious dunk against a helpless Mark Eaton. The same 7-4 Eaton who would win TWO DPOYs later in the decade. Here again, Chamberlain was in his mid-40's at the time.
    What does this thread have anything to do with Wilt Chamberlain? What the hell is wrong with you? Take your psychotic ramblings on the great Wilt Chamberlain and throw them in the garbage, then set the garbage on fire and throw yourself off a cliff.

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

damn those Converse are FRESH!

3-time NBA All-Star

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpTfb9SkKaQ

Pay particular attention to his last three dunks.