Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Yesterday marked 23yrs since Shaq's 24pts, 28boards and 15blks game.

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    Doesn't it get on your nerves when you read about "nationally televised" games that are nowhere to be found? Same goes for a crazy 1962 Wilt game (with a 44/28/5/28 statline ), mentioned by nbastats. Supposedly nationally televised...
    SMH.

ABC televised every 1972 WCF game, and all in prime time. And yet, there are only a few minutes (if that) of highlights available. Same with the '72 Finals. All nationally televised, and in prime time. Luckily, we do have almost all of the clinching game five. Of course, as you said, there were some extraordinary games that were nationally televised, as well, and yet...nowhere to be found.

Default Re: Yesterday marked 23yrs since Shaq's 24pts, 28boards and 15blks game.

I can only imagine how dominant Shaq *could have been*( as dominant as he was) if you took his Orlando physique and athleticism and matched it with the IQ and experience of the 2000-2002 Shaq.

College superstar

The NBA is just now going back to where it used to be with all the new talented centers.

Quote Originally Posted by LamarMatic
    What can I say? It's a great performance, it wasn't out there on YouTube and so I used the version that I had. Unfortunately, I don't own a perfect quality 2dvd set.
    no, it's funny cause i know your name from youtube and, if i'm not mistaken, i know you from SSC. and the 2disc version was sold everywhere so i was surprised you didn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    I wasn't really questioning your numbers, but rather just showing another opinion on the "15 blocks."

BTW, you only came up with 21 rebounds? Again, I am not challenging you, but just curious. From a 24-28-15 game down to a 24-21-8 game is a massive drop.
    yes, don't know how many Lamarmatic has though. But it happens so many times, last one i've seen was Harden who was with Harden, dude was like 13pts and 9ast while the rockets didn't get enough baskets to reach the 9 assists recorded. well, it's NBA

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by necya
    yes, don't know how many Lamarmatic has though. But it happens so many times, last one i've seen was Harden who was with Harden, dude was like 13pts and 9ast while the rockets didn't get enough baskets to reach the 9 assists recorded. well, it's NBA
    yeah, I was on SSC. somehow I must have missed out on it. oh well...

as far as Shaq's performance is concerned, my conclusion was that 10 blocks would have been somewhat fair. but even that was iffy so I don't disagree with you when you say that he deserved only eight to his name.

and, yeah, NBA assists are just the worst. if the scorers' table feels like giving the guy an assist, they will do it no matter what. it could even be a pass leading to a guy who scores after three seconds of contemplation and five dribbles.

once upon a time I also did an unnecessary breakdown on Van Exel's infamous 23-assist game. I concluded that he only had 15 assists in the game:

https://lamarmatic.com/2016/03/17/an...ed-23-assists/

Every player has flaws god damnit. Learn to deal with that.

Harden should defend more, Westbrook should think more, Durant should blabla more, Curry should blabla more...

Every player should do more something...
    Could that be said of Bird, Magic, Kareem, or Jordan?

That's true of the players you mention only because they're not the greatest ever. Like Shaq.