Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: If the warriors don't win the finals

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    LOL @ "miracle". We're not even a month into this season and you're already making excuses.

The firepower they have is unprecedented. If they don't figure it out and find a way to fix whatever issues they have, that's their problem. Don't expect us not to view that as a huge disappointment.

ive been saying this for many months my friend...

There's no "figuring out" to be had.. they seriously lack size. it's simple physics.. Warriors will need to get HOT for 2-3 series in a row how they were in the WCFs last year, because thats what it took for them to overcome bully ball of Adams, Kanter and Ibaka banging them out down low. This time they will have to face even more formidable frontcourts with less size than they had last year.

just dont be shocked when it happens..

So we can have a situation where 2 MVP's and 4 All-NBA team members can team up, not win the championship and it shouldn't be seen as a huge disappointment and failure. Is that what you're telling us, tpols?

Basically, they're in a win/win situation with you.

Jordan Stopper

Lol why do I have a feeling tpols never gave the 2010-2014 Heat a pass for "lacking size"

Seems like another Kobe troll that likes to flip flop agendas

im just looking at it from a basketball perspective.. the only failure will be on Kevin Durant for breaking up the system.

But even if they lose this year that doesnt mean they will be failures.. all they need to do is sign a chris anderson esque guy over the summer to protect the rim for them.

Until that happens their chances are pretty slim because i cant see them blowing up for multiple series in a row (which is what it would take to win given their current defensive situation). They have shown us many times that they go hot and cold.

Ish

Quote Originally Posted by Dray n Klay
    Lol why do I have a feeling tpols never gave the 2010-2014 Heat a pass for "lacking size"

Seems like another Kobe troll that likes to flip flop agendas

The Heat played in a garbage conference dude..

If the warriors got to have a playoff path of

Sixers
    Bucks
    Bulls
    Mavs

i would be very surprised if they lost.. because not only is that playoff path a joke by comparison, but it also stylistically matches up well for them. The only threat would be Dallas and they didnt bang down low at all, they were a jumpshooting team.

They faced the Celtics, Bulls and Mavs in 2011. That is absolutely legit competition. You still didn't give them a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    it would be a miracle if Golden State survives the Clipper - Spurs - Cavs gauntlet they will likely have to face given their lack of defense and size .. those monster frontcourts are the perfect antidote for them unfortunately...

if your expectations are for them to run through it convincingly you just havent been watching basketball the past month and/or you dont understand what wins in the playoffs.
    You're so pathetic

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    They faced the Celtics, Bulls and Mavs in 2011. That is absolutely legit competition. You still didn't give them a pass.

The clippers, spurs and cavaliers are signifigantly better than all of those teams and its not all that close tbh..

Jordan Stopper

LOL the 2011 East was actually a very tough conference, now I know tpols is just trolling

The 2011 East > 2011, 2015, 2016 West

lmao at the 2011 East being a "garbage conference"

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    The clippers, spurs and cavaliers are signifigantly better than all of those teams and its not all that close tbh..
    Same could be said for the Warriors vs. the 2011 Heat...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

My boy tpols bringing the heavy cringe in this one.

Good college starter CuhGetsBucks's Avatar

How do you guys enjoy basketball if you can only see it from one perspective? The 2011 Heat don't get a pass but the 2015 warriors with an all star, GOAT shooter, GOAT spot up shooter and an all time great scorer don't get a pass? That shit is so corny.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CuhGetsBucks
    How do you guys enjoy basketball if you can only see it from one perspective? The 2011 Heat don't get a pass but the 2015 warriors with an all star, GOAT shooter, GOAT spot up shooter and an all time great scorer don't get a pass? That shit is so corny.
    Did you see Klay and Dray in the Olympics? You are severely overrating those guys

Good college starter CuhGetsBucks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Did you see Klay and Dray in the Olympics? You are severely overrating those guys
    The Curry effect applies when Curry is playing, with Curry, Klay is an all time great shooter and Dray is a jack of all trades. They have great amount if chemistry and just added an all time scorer. What's the beef?