Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: Can someone explain how or why Lin shot 1-11 tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by TrueRob
    Lin's offensive skillset wasn't versatile enough to deal with Miami's D. I was curious to see what Lin would do if he couldn't get to the basket. He couldn't take his defender off the dribble and go for a pull-up jumper or step-back like CP3. He couldn't use a floater or push-shot (DRose style) either. It's ok though, he can get better, but he's definitely lacking some skills.
    watching the game i was thinking he needs a floater badly.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsGame
    You should go back and watch the game.
    He should stop posting He's terrible.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyCorpse
    watching the game i was thinking he needs a floater badly.
    Yea me too, a Floater would have helped him get pass Chalmbers and Cole with ease cause of their height. Once gets better at it, even Lebron can't stop a well placed floater, probably the next hardest shot to stop after the fadeaway.

Can someone explain how or why Wilt shot 1-11 from the FT line in game 7 of the Finals?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu

This gets annoying from you, seriously. Give credit where its due and stop always blaming the Refs. Knicks had a spurt where they were hot and seemed they could pull back into the game. That had nothing to do with Refs, it was their 3 point shooters trying to keep them alive.
    I am giving credit to the Heat. That was prob the best defensive and offensive performance I have seen from them: the big 3 were unstoppable and Cole and Chalmers did things on defense that would win them a slot on first defensive team.

All I'm saying is the Heat was prepping this game like Kobe in a hotel in Colorado: they knew what they wanted to do and was dead set in posterizing the ****** in Lin.

They were slapping, bumping, and pretty much went jungle on his ass. All I'm saying is the refs should of done their jobs and call the fouls in those crucial first half moments like they would in any other game.

It is the inconsistency that I can't swallow: they were calling lame fouls on the Heat in the 2nd half but ignored the more obvious ones in the first half.

Go back and look at the game thread and see for yourself how many posts that said the refs were giving the calls to the Heat early in the game.

I'm not alone in this. We were watching it live and it was clear the refs dropped the ball when it came to the ghetto defense on Lin first half.

I'm not saying that is a game changer because the Heat was simply too much for the Knicks; I'm just being real and calling it like how I see it.

No one is blaming the refs for the lost. It's just when I can easily see an obvious foul and these guys are getting paid to look for it, then something is wrong.

Refs should be held accountable just like everybody else.

If you cant discuss every aspect of the game including refs, then ignore me. I don't care what you think I think the reason is the Knicks got back in the game, because I never mentioned that anywhere. I said before and during the game that the 3 ball would be the Knicks saving grace. But that isn't what is being talked about right now.

This shows how little you know about basketball. The Heat was playing the passing lane and perimeter, so shooting 3s wouldn't have won the game either.

I said before the game, Chandler needed to be POG if they wanted to win this because the inside basket was left wide open; he would of dunked it everytime the ball was in his hands. Amare should of had more touches because he was the only one that was exploiting this weakness on the offensive end.

Melo was just stupid for settling for fade away jumpers.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    That's what happens when you get quadruple team everytime you touched the ball.
    So Amare and Melo were wide open?

This shows how little you know about basketball. The Heat was playing the passing lane and perimeter, so shooting 3s wouldn't have won the game either.

I said before the game, Chandler needed to be POG if they wanted to win this because the inside basket was left wide open; he would of dunked it everytime the ball was in his hands. Amare should of had more touches because he was the only one that was exploiting this weakness on the offensive end.

Melo was just stupid for settling for fade away jumpers.
    This just shows how little you know about the Heat. Just stop posting.

This just shows how little you know about the Heat. Just stop posting.
    Were you watching the game? They had easy baskets under the rim when a pass was made to a big under there. The Heat took out the perimeter, passing, and driving game.

They gamble with the inside game.

Even Novak had a hand in his face when he was making those 3s. There would of been no way they could of won it chucking up from long distance.

Don't matter.

When the refs are not calling the fouls on the D that played the key player, then they are still affecting the game by allowing them to beat him up.

When they should of called the fouls, they didn't; they only started calling the fouls for Lin when he pretty much lost all confidence in scoring, passing, ball handling, etc.

I saw that spark of confidence when he made 5 great passes to start off (3 easy ones Amare and Melo blew) and that great drive to the basket.

After that, it turn from NBA2K to NBA JAM. Lin was posterized; that was the first time I saw him yell out in anger.

That moment was key to the whole game. Had the refs NOT blew some easy calls and allow Lin to play, the defense would loosen up and he would of had enough space to play his game.

I don't know how a defense that aggressive can get away with everything they did on him in the first half.

Sure the Heat were called for a good amount of fouls, but they also ignore some easy ones that could of change the way the best player played.
    You guys are ridiculous.........

Serious playground baller

Lin not exposed at all...he missed the same shots he was making a few games ago...he had a few shots that were in and out..and missed some easy shots in the lane..he will put up over 20 pts next game on good shooting

I don't agree he missed the shots he usually makes as the Heat defense was so good that he couldn't even get an open shot. From the gate Lin looked terribly shook. I hope he grows from this though

Not airballing my layups anymore

Shock horror: guy in his 12th game gts smothered along with the rest of his team by the best defense in the league. Would have been far more surprising if anything else had happened.

exposed sadly