Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: seriously, is there any team in the East that can beat the Heat?

No one. Bulls are done, cant play any defense and they havent got any stars... Add to that, the bulls dont have a deep team to play the heat, they should just forget about it.

Might as well practice your trophy celebrations now Miami, your team has already won it half way through the season.

With exception to a few heat fans that i have discovered, there are some absolute ****head Heat "fans" in here, predictable threads coming off a good win.

Decent playground baller

What I want know is, does anyone still believe the Knicks can take Heat on in a 7 games series.

Quote Originally Posted by HighFlyer23
    no team for the next 6 years will even be a threat to the heat
    A 36 year old Wade would get shut down by a staring NBA 2 guard.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Same sh*t....different day.

The Heat were supposed to be "unstoppable" last year, and still got stopped. Just like last year, the playoffs will tell the real story. We'll see how "unstoppable" they are then.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

probably not

Local High School Star

Maybe Chicago if they're super healthy. But even then I don't really think so. OKC is the only team thats got a chance against Miami.

Nobody will be able to beat them until Dirk, Dwight, Deron in Dallas next year.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    Same sh*t....different day.

The Heat were supposed to be "unstoppable" last year, and still got stopped. Just like last year, the playoffs will tell the real story. We'll see how "unstoppable" they are then.
    Miami is a pretty different team this year. Haslem and Miller are healthy and putting up the numbers they are expected to put up (ie Miller isn't shooting like shit this year). Chalmers is playing the best season of his career. Norris Cole gives them a spark off the bench for the stretches that they normally would go cold during last year. Battier is a guy that lets James/Wade focus their energy on offense.

Their last 8 games have been the best stretch of basketball I've seen from a team since the 95 bulls.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by comerb
    Miami is a pretty different team this year. Haslem and Miller are healthy and putting up the numbers they are expected to put up (ie Miller isn't shooting like shit this year). Chalmers is playing the best season of his career. Norris Cole gives them a spark off the bench for the stretches that they normally would go cold during last year. Battier is a guy that lets James/Wade focus their energy on offense.

Their last 8 games have been the best stretch of basketball I've seen from a team since the 95 bulls.

My point is, according to the Lebronytes, with all the hype and what not, the Heat was supposed to steamroll their way to a title last year. Same expectations, same hype, different year. Nothing's really changed. Like I said, playoffs will tell the real story.

It isn't rocket science people...

If you drink lemonade, you WILL BEAT THE HEAT.

I usually hit open layups junkifunki's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bladers
    lol remember dozens of this thread being made last year and look how hat turned out..
    Do people have short memories or what? This time last year everyone was writing the Heat off because of their poor record against good teams. "Celtics and Bulls own the Heat" was the popular Heat-hater theory.

The only team who could beat Miami is themselves...Bulls/Thunder would give them a damn good series though.

5-time NBA All-Star

If Chicago was healthy they would be ahead of the Heat by about three games along with their easier schedule after the Allstar game. The Heat get a lot of their points on fast breaks. If they run, they will beat you. If you get them to play a half court game it takes away their easy baskets and they don't play as aggressively.

Chicago lost last year because they couldn't beat the trap. This year that's not the case. With RIP they can really score. The offense actually has a role for that player where as last year they didn't. Last year it was totally up to Noah to break the trap. This year Noah is getting triple doubles, RIP or Brewer will make the key shot. Of course, Deng can too. Last year they flat out sucked at this. Even Boozer is contributing to busting up overplays on Rose. Their offense is soo much better this year.

I knew Miami would get to Lin because of the way they got to Rose last year. Unless you used to their speed and aggressiveness you can't adjust on the fly. Chicago plays now the way they will in the playoffs. Miami will be adjusting. That's their weakness. But Chicago in the playoffs will be much better this year than last. Miami will kill the Western teams this year - except SA. The rest of them are getting swept or close to it. You can only beat Miami with great team ball and playing a slowed down, controlled game. To me, its only Chicago that can do that. But a couple of guys will have to step up for Chicago to do it.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    It isn't rocket science people...

If you drink lemonade, you WILL BEAT THE HEAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    If Chicago was healthy they would be ahead of the Heat by about three games along with their easier schedule after the Allstar game. The Heat get a lot of their points on fast breaks. If they run, they will beat you. If you get them to play a half court game it takes away their easy baskets and they don't play as aggressively.

Chicago lost last year because they couldn't beat the trap. This year that's not the case. With RIP they can really score. The offense actually has a role for that player where as last year they didn't. Last year it was totally up to Noah to break the trap. This year Noah is getting triple doubles, RIP or Brewer will make the key shot. Of course, Deng can too. Last year they flat out sucked at this. Even Boozer is contributing to busting up overplays on Rose. Their offense is soo much better this year.
    I guess the only true truth of that will be in the playoffs...They need Rip healthy otherwise it will be the same result.