Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: 10 Hours of Walking in NYC as a Woman

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    so now saying 'have a nice day' 'how are you' 'god bless' 'you're beautiful' to a female walking by is harrassment .. fkn christ lol .. some of those can be construed as harrassment .. the followers are creepers .. but there is NOTHING, never will be nothing wrong with saying have a nice day or how are you or you're beautiful to a female in public ..

women love attention .. don't let any feminist piece of shit try to warp your mind like that .. sick fks
    Seriously this...

I know everyone should strive for their ideals and such but let's be honest, this woman should be thankful for living in the US and NYC. If she is so concerned about how women are treated in public maybe she could try it in Nigeria, Liberia, Saudi Arabia and so on?

Very good NBA starter

she's only like a 6 or 5.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    I know everyone should strive for their ideals and such but let's be honest, this woman should be thankful for living in the US and NYC. If she is so concerned about how women are treated in public maybe she could try it in Nigeria, Liberia, Saudi Arabia and so on?
    Seriously? That is the worst argument that get brought up during these types of topics.

I mean, why would we ever want to improve the behavior in our society when we can just point our fingers at someone else and say, "Hey, at least we're not as bad as them."

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Seriously? That is the worst argument that get brought up during these types of topics.

I mean, why would we ever want to improve the behavior in our society when we can just point our fingers at someone else and say, "Hey, at least we're not as bad as them."
    I'm pointing out that she doesn't have a case here, what she went through was not harassment. That's why I'm suggesting she starts enjoying and appreciating her life instead of being oversensitive.

Black hobos talking to her, if i walk on the street hobos always ask me for money, so no big deal

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Damn ugly creep wow
    I admit I don't get ***** none

Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

how can anyone defend this so many creeps in this thread man

Sorry, but i have, and likely always will have more sympathy for the ugly chick who never gets approached or talked to rather than the hot girl who has to deal with attention she doesn't want. It's unfortunate, but too bad, and things could be far worse! Any law restricting this kind of thing would provide extra protection simply to cater to the desires of the privileged few and also be far too arbitrary to be worth even trying.

I don't think enough people appreciate how much easier life is made for you if you are attractive, and how much harder if you are ugly. An attractive woman spends a good portion of her life being given things, whereas an ugly woman gets many of the disadvantages of being a woman but few of the advantages. Yet they are still arguing for more privileges, more arbitrary distortion of the law!

meh.. if you can't handle this then you can't handle freedom and instead of asking the government for extra protection we might as well return to patriarchy. The feminist movement has always demanded freedom without having to deal with any of the painful consequences of freedom, mind you.

OP please be ****ing real...

Do you ever do that to complete strangers?

It's just thirsty men perving at women in public they don't know.... That's got to be pretty ****ing annoying... She doesn't need to say anything back, its not meant nicely... Ist just Men performing cave man game...

This was harrassment... Those dudes were all pretty disgusting.

Either you kindly approach someone, or you let it be.... Look, but dont look too much.. Keep it clean.

Like someone else said, its about context... Some were nice complements... The majority not, though. The majority was rude.

They need to learn how to behave.

Edit:

Its innapropriate... Did you ever do that to complete strangers?

And how would you react? Its awkward.... She doesnt know them and doesnt intend on knowing them....

Is she supposed to smile and answer back around every corner? Who would go through that effort just to appease strange Men she doesnt know and doesnt want to?

Nice compliments are something else... It helps if the Men dont look like trashy thugs...

On a 2nd note, "How you doing today" or "Whats up beautiful have a good day" or "Have a nice evening" is totally fine... Said it politely, kept it short and modest... But ist something else with someone walking hip to hip with you, starring you down and saying "god bless u Mama".. wtf is that?!

I dont know how donating would help... But still Men need to reduce this behaviour.
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 10-29-2014 at 12:16 PM.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

I would smash her.

Women are some confusing species..... they love clothes that shows all features, tight jeans/shirt or mini skirt / super short cut off jeans, showing to much skin & stuff like that. They love to tease, they love the attention, but if you approach them you are a creep!
    Yet if she finds somebody interesting/good looking/whatever, wants a specific guy to approach her maybe that guy is to afraid now to make the first move/initiate the talking to not be labeled a "creep" like those others aswell, i have been that guy many times... when one day a girl approached me asking ME out, we dated and she kept asking why i never asked her out, if i was shy or something, why i was not interested (when i actually was!).... Women are funny................

This is why i think it would be best if the women initiated the first talk, see a good looking guy, walk up to him and talk to him, ask him out, it will 100% of the time be a YES....... no man will turn you down (maybe not even those who are married/have GF's), unless you are one really ugly mofo.... That way we dont have to act like creep, you wont be bothered, you choose whoever you like and the deserving guy gets you..... win-win..... But the reality is that will never happen, so please be considerate!

Its women who needs to be put in OUR shoes, not the other way around, then they will fully understand.
    Last edited by pauk; 10-29-2014 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Women are some confusing species..... they love clothes that shows all features, tight jeans/shirt or mini skirt / super short cut off jeans, showing to much skin & stuff like that. They love to tease, they love the attention, but if you approach them you are a creep!
    Yet if she finds somebody interesting/good looking/whatever, wants a specific guy to approach her maybe that guy is to afraid now to make the first move/initiate the talking to not be labeled a "creep" like those others aswell, i have been that guy many times... when one day a girl approached me asking ME out, we dated and she kept asking why i never asked her out, if i was shy or something, why i was not interested (when i actually was!).... Women are funny................

This is why i think it would be best if the women initiated the first talk, see a good looking guy, walk up to him and talk to him, ask him out, it will 100% of the time be a YES....... no man will turn you down (maybe not even those who are married/have GF's), unless you are one really ugly mofo.... That way we dont have to act like creep, you wont be bothered, you choose whoever you like and the deserving guy gets you..... win-win..... But the reality is that will never happen, so please be considerate!

Its women who needs to be put in OUR shoes, not the other way around, then they will fully understand.
    But nobody here politely approached her and asked her out......... Just a bunch of lame talk from the side.

Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Yet if she finds somebody interestings/good looking/whatever, wants a specific guy to approach her maybe that guy is to afraid now to make the first move/initiate the talking to not be labeled a "creep" like those others aswell, i have been that guy many times... when one day a girl approached me asking ME out, we dated and she kept asking why i never asked her out, if i was shy or something, why i was not interested (when i actually was!).... Women are funny................

This is why i think it would be best if the women initiated the first talk, see a good looking guy, walk up to him and talk to him, ask him out, it will 100% of the time be a YES....... no man will turn you down (maybe not even those who are married/have GF's), unless you are one really ugly mofo.... That way we dont have to act like creep (we really dont have a choice!), you wont be bothered, you choose whoever you like and the deserving guy gets you..... win-win.....

But the reality is that will never happen, so STFU and handle it! :P
    are you really comparing being too shy to ask a classmate out to some creeps talking to random girls in the street cos they want to hit it bad? and that first argument is so ignorant, women dress for themselves, you just happen to find it attractive

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    Sorry, but i have, and likely always will have more sympathy for the ugly chick who never gets approached or talked to rather than the hot girl who has to deal with attention she doesn't want. It's unfortunate, but too bad, and things could be far worse! Any law restricting this kind of thing would provide extra protection simply to cater to the desires of the privileged few and also be far too arbitrary to be worth even trying.

I don't think enough people appreciate how much easier life is made for you if you are attractive, and how much harder if you are ugly. An attractive woman spends a good portion of her life being given things, whereas an ugly woman gets many of the disadvantages of being a woman but few of the advantages. Yet they are still arguing for more privileges, more arbitrary distortion of the law!

meh.. if you can't handle this then you can't handle freedom and instead of asking the government for extra protection we might as well return to patriarchy. The feminist movement has always demanded freedom without having to deal with any of the painful consequences of freedom, mind you.
    Not to mention dudes are scum of the earth. A bunch of slimy guys. There are slimy chics, too.

I think that it's possible that SOME of those people were just talking. It's OK to say hi what's up to a girl, I think, even if it's only because you want to **** her. I personally wouldn't say that unless we made eye contact because I wouldn't want her to be annoyed. This is more street annoyance than harassment. A few were bad.

And not to mention apparently this behavior has worked for them.

Edit: @ Robbie, so if a girl is ****ing hot and everyone wants to **** her then no one should talk to her? Isn't the issue more that the guys are seen as creepy?

You think a guy is a creep if he looks at a girl and wants to **** her?

-Smak