Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: If Indiana beats Miami...

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    IND vs SAS Finals would be a DISASTER for the NBA in terms of ratings. Stern and his refs will make sure that doesn't happen. NBA is a business after all...
    Just like they made sure it was BYN vs NYC and LA vs LA...Oh wait.

The top ten NBA markets have all been eliminated by the conference finals.

Man stern sucks at this rigging thing.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Honestly I hate even watching Miami games because its too obvious that thye refs wont ever allow them to lose early.. due to ratings.

I remember one time though in the 2011 finals, forget which game it was but it was in the middle of the series, obviously a very important game, and the refs straight turned on Lebron in the fourth. He went for a layup to tie or take the lead on a fast break and got called for a charge instead of an and one and the way he hung his head afterwards, its like one of his buddies stabbed him in the back lol.. and then Dallas scored on the next possesion to solidify the game.

Just goes to show how much refs can turn the tides.
    So your example of the NBA rigging it for MIA is an example of the NBA not rigging it for MIA

And you would think that the refs could at give us more free throws vs CHI if they are going to rig it on our behalf.

Oh and look what teams have attempted the least amount of free throws that was alive as of yesterday:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/stats/t...n?&_1:col_1=12

Quote Originally Posted by FLDFSU
    Just like they made sure it was BYN vs NYC and LA vs LA...Oh wait.

The top ten NBA markets have all been eliminated by the conference finals.

Man stern sucks at this rigging thing.
    Miami and Lebron is the NBA's biggest money ticket. You don't seem to get that.
    Lebron having success plus all the people who hate Lebron and the Heat and want to see them lose, creates alot of interest and money to be made...

I think you only interpret what suits your bias.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Lebron having success plus all the people who hate Lebron and the Heat and want to see them lose, creates alot of interest and money to be made...

That describes you pretty well too, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsFanNumero1
    That describes you pretty well too, actually.
    How is my statement bias?

What is hard to understand that the Heat are big business for the NBA? Are you also that naive...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FLDFSU
    So your example of the NBA rigging it for MIA is an example of the NBA not rigging it for MIA

And you would think that the refs could at give us more free throws vs CHI if they are going to rig it on our behalf.

Oh and look what teams have attempted the least amount of free throws that was alive as of yesterday:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/stats/t...n?&_1:col_1=12
    Nah I'm just describing how ref's can turn the tides any which way with their calls.

Stern doesn't care if heat lose in the finals.. That actually means the series was somewhat competitive and watchable. And it's over after that.

Before the finals though? Before the biggest draw of the season? That's gotta be something good. Indy Memphis would be like the nba stock market crashing.

So why not NYC vs MIA?

Why is Stern giving IND 28 more free throws in an elimination game for NYC?

Good college starter

What is hard to understand that the Heat are big business for the NBA? Are you also that naive...
    I was just speaking in general. I remember when you said Jordan didn't really get superstar calls

I gather that SAS and MEM is big business too? Surely NYC vs MIA would not be as big business as MIA vs IND.

I mean could you think of the poor ratings that NYC would provide with a chance to go to the finals by defeating the player that spurn them for their historical rivals Miami.

Stern is a genius!

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Nah I'm just describing how ref's can turn the tides any which way with their calls.

Stern doesn't care if heat lose in the finals.. That actually means the series was somewhat competitive and watchable. And it's over after that.

Before the finals though? Before the biggest draw of the season? That's gotta be something good. Indy Memphis would be like the nba stock market crashing.
    Pray tell, why does the Heat and NYC average more fouls committed than IND and SAS?

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/stats/t...n/?&_1:col_1=4

People saying Stern wouldnt allow it to happen are clueless. Stern does not have much time left, he doesnt give a shit of the NBA ratings nowadays. It wont surprise me if Stern allows it to happen at the end of his career just to show the fans that hes unbiased.

Decent playground baller

I might be the only one...but I would like to see the playoff being best out of 3...making series like this more interesting; more possibility.

Stern wouldn't even show up to a Finals game is Indiana and Memphis met

Learning to shoot layups

Lowest rating in NBA history.

If Stern was really rigging things for ratings, he wouldn't have allowed the Knicks to lose that game 7.