Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Discuss Thunder, Kevin Durant now that Lakers eliminated them in round 1

I used to say back in 07 when they made that historic Ray Allen Trade that they were crazy,not gonna get anywhere in the west. But after this fantastic year from them, they're 1 of my fav teams in the NBA!If only they had a certified Center to contain bynum..........

Talking Re: Discuss Thunder, Kevin Durant now that Lakers eliminated them in round 1

The Thunder will be a force to deal with very soon.

Gotta hand it to the fans, instead of holding their heads down, leaving, crying, booing, they gave them a standing ovation. I thought that was awesome.

Default Re: Discuss Thunder, Kevin Durant now that Lakers eliminated them in round 1

He did as expected.. I have no idea why anyone thought he would do any better.

He's a great basketball player but a bit overrated.. He is at the same level as Melo and not Lebron.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    He did as expected.. I have no idea why anyone thought he would do any better.

He's a great basketball player but a bit overrated.. He is at the same level as Melo and not Lebron.
    but his ts is 60.7 lol...

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

They really lack size inside and perimeter shooting outside of KD and Harden. Green impressed me, but he can't be expected to guard big power forwards without a big shotblocker behind him. Tyson Chandler would have been so perfect here...I think that Hasheem Thabeet would be great here if they could pry him away from Memphis, which seems possible since they barely played him. Hopefully Mullens develops.

I don't know if they're going to be getting involved in the free agent, but there really isn't anyone other than Haywood who I think would be a perfect fit there. Bosh would be nice and I think he could do a decent job playing center, but I don't think he's a good enough defender to fit in with the rest of the Thunder core.

Other thing - Harden's far far far better than he's usually given credit for. I think he'll put up kind of poor man's Manu-type stats next year - 20 5 and 5 per 40 minutes with a true shooting percentage around 58% or 60%

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by 3zazer1
    I used to say back in 07 when they made that historic Ray Allen Trade that they were crazy,not gonna get anywhere in the west. But after this fantastic year from them, they're 1 of my fav teams in the NBA!If only they had a certified Center to contain bynum..........
    That was the big thing this series, it wasn't even just Bynum's production that hurt them, it was the open shots and mismatches they caused by having to really gameplan around him. If Tyson Chandler were there, they could have guarded him staight up and still been able to have him block shots as a help defender.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Durant is the leader don't get it twisted, he just isn't a playmaker he doesn't have that in his game.
    Why is it always assumed the best player=the team leader?

it is hard for a forward especially a young one to be a playmaker LeBron and Bird, Dr J are really the exception.
    And Scottie Pippen, Grant Hill, and John Havelick. The funny thing is a few months ago there was a debate here comparing one of these all-around players to Dominique Wilkins types who could score but not do anything else. Durant at this point is in the Wilkins mold. We got the answer. Durant, if his shot is off, is useless. He would be even worse if he didn't get so many FT's. The cream of the crop in the NBA, Lebron, Wade, Kobe, and Howard can all impact games without scoring 30 points. If Durant is to truly become a top 5 player he needs to develop an all-around game, especially in the playoffs because everyone is going to have a poor shooting night or two over the course of a series.

He is at the same level as Melo and not Lebron.
    Carmelo is a bit better right now. It is much easier to shut down Durant than Carmelo since the latter has a myriad of ways he can score.

I usually hit open layups

i dunno why people would want to trade green. the trio of westbrook-durant-green looks like they would be deadly in a good 3-4 years. the chemestry the three have look amazing for such young players.

Good college starter

Durant will be better than Melo. The kid can shoot really good. Not his fault he gets guarded by Artest and deal with the Lakers d. U can't forget how Artest rape Melo in their last match ups.

Is anyone ready to admit the Thunder got like every call in that series?

-Smak

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak

-Smak
    Even though the Thunder got something like 60 more free throws than the Lakers, I think this is still taboo.

The Thunder attacked the rim more. The Lakers are increasingly becoming a jump shooting team.

Magic Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak

-Smak
    Uh, yeah, they did. They deserved to have more free throws, but they didn't deserve to live there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasher
    The Thunder attacked the rim more. The Lakers are increasingly becoming a jump shooting team.
    Was Westbrook attacking the rim when he flopped after his airball causing Kobe to get his 3rd foul?
    Or when Ibaka flopped at the end of the second QT when he missed as well?
    What about when Artest pumpfaked Ibaka in the 4th, Ibaka falls on Artest and no call was made?
    Or when Durant missed, jumped on Bynum who was just standing straight and they called the foul on Bynum? And when Bynum was going for the dunk and Ibaka and Krstic fouled him and the refs whistled a non shooting foul? Sefolosha hitting Kobe on the forearm during a jumpshot and no call was made? Collison setting a pick (grabbing Pau's jersey) and allowing green to dunk and then on the next play Pau getting called for a moving screen.
    There were dozens of BS calls all game long.

I'm in the process of making gifs of all the calls for all the blind people who always use the "they attacked the rim" excuse.
    Last edited by Phong; 05-01-2010 at 01:45 PM.

Gif the dozens of calls. The Lakers hoisted a ridiculous amount of 3s that series. In the close out game they shot 24 of them. Kobe settled for jumpers, and outside of Farmar none of the Lakers are dynamic driving to the rim.