Thread: Desktop Thread

NBA Superstar

Default Desktop Thread

I woke up early this morning bored with nothing to do and noticed that my desktop had became cluttered with too many icons, my "downloads" folder had too much shit in it, and overall my PC had accumulated a bunch of garbage, so I decided to do something about it.

I factory reset my pc and deleted everything, and started off by installing "Basic" Windows 8 theme from deviantart, along with downloading classic shell and optimizing my PC to run from a VPN on startup.'

Next steps:
    Add some sort of cloud file management to store the bulk of my docs on to keep PC running fast

Download Pro Tools

Download an icon pack and modernize all icons.

Create some sort of shortcut for NBA League Pass, NFL Game Pass, and NHL Game Center so that I can quick jump onto those web apps from my desktop.

Currently at:

Lets see your dekstopscreen caps and hear what goals you have.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Desktop Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Utilitarian.

reminds me of my mac days....

I'll always miss the Macbook's touchpad.

Aside from that I couldn't be happier with making the jump. Although Windows 8 blows

NBA lottery pick
    Last edited by Kungfro; 10-29-2014 at 04:25 PM.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Desktop Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    I've been using this laptop (basically stock) for 7 years and I can still edit on it and stuff. I'm surprised it's done this well.

Don't really want to go back to windows, but probably will due to cheapness once this craps out.
    I've had mine for only a year and am already considering upgrading.

And yeah, Windows OS blows right now but they are simply the way to go. I figure I'd get an Asus laptop. Saw one yesterday for 1350 dollars, had 16GB ram, i7, SSD, a bunch of epic audio shit, pretty much was loaded with the best specs