Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Legend

Default Re: The fairness of "our" justice system

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    I got a better solution. Why don't you leave and take your justice system with you? That's the main problem with a lot of you people. You feel that this is yours. Well it aint.

We arent the ones complaining about it. Also, the complainers are a minority so logistically it would be much more practical for them to move.

If yall repatriate the southeast, youll have your own shit. Your own courts, your own cops, your own elected reps.

If you say youre about it, be about it. Is something like that easy? No. But is it possible? Yes. So the decision is up to you.

If you say youre about it, be about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    We arent the ones complaining about it. Also, the complainers are a minority so logistically it would be much more practical for them to move.

If yall repatriate the southeast, youll have your own shit. Your own courts, your own cops, your own elected reps.

If you say youre about it, be about it. Is something like that easy? No. But is it possible? Yes. So the decision is up to you.

If you say youre about it, be about it.
    You are complaining. If I had a nickel for every time a white man tried to say that blacks commit more crime and post stats, I'd be a rich man. It's not that we commit more crime. It's that you muthafukas are let go more.

And as I told you before, WE TRIED TO HAVE OUR OWN STUFF. WHITE MEN WENT IN AND BURNED IT DOWN.

As far as what I'm doing.....you don't know what I'm doing. But what I do know is that a problem can't be solved unless both sides agree that there's a problem. Why can't you admit there's a problem?

In OP's world, there are no innocent white people in prison and no guilty black people on the loose.

As much as you try to explain it to him, OP can't understand the concept of "cherry picking".

NBA Legend

You are complaining. If I had a nickel for every time a white man tried to say that blacks commit more crime and post stats, I'd be a rich man.
    That isn't a complaint about the 'system.'

And as I told you before, WE TRIED TO HAVE OUR OWN STUFF. WHITE MEN WENT IN AND BURNED IT DOWN.
    Those examples were from decades ago. Did blacks get emancipation the first time they tried? Did they get suffrage the first time they tried? Did they get desegregation the first time they tried? If the idea is sound, it is not worth giving up on.

As far as what I'm doing.....you don't know what I'm doing. But what I do know is that a problem can't be solved unless both sides agree that there's a problem. Why can't you admit there's a problem?

Do you want the honest answer bro? I'm not black, so therefore black interaction with the justice system is not a priority issue for me in my busy life, nor is it for 99% of white people. And you are not going to change that. Your words and protests aren't going to do it. And if you lash out with violence, you'll just create worse stereotypes and alienate those who ARE willing to help.

We are different, and that's okay. You don't have to see things my way, and I don't have to see them yours. But if you believe there is a problem with the current system, create an alternative. I don't know what else to tell you. Anything less, and you're just spinning your wheels. But hey if you somehow find another solution that works, I'll be the first to eat crow.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    In OP's world, there are no innocent white people in prison and no guilty black people on the loose.

As much as you try to explain it to him, OP can't understand the concept of "cherry picking".
    I never said such. No need to be Intellectually dishonest.

My response would be, how many of these instances need to happen before it's no longer considered "cherry-picking"?

Maybe the stats that you like to tout are distorted. Similarly to auto insurance rates for male and females. Males rates tend to be higher because of stats based on traffic infractions show the males are more dangerous drivers. When the fact is that a police officer is more apt to let a women off with a warning as opposed to a man.

NBA Legend

I never said such. No need to be Intellectually dishonest.

My response would be, how many of these instances need to happen before it's no longer considered "cherry-picking"?

Maybe the stats that you like to tout are distorted. Similarly to auto insurance rates for male and females. Males rates tend to be higher because of stats based on traffic infractions show the males are more dangerous drivers. When the fact is that a police officer is more apt to let a women off with a warning as opposed to a man.

That is a fair point about how officers interact differently with men and women. And yes it does probably skew a certain segment of the statistics.

However:

Insurance company underwriters focus on what classes of drivers have the lowest dollar amounts of claims -- and for now, that includes women. As a result, auto insurance rates are lower for women in most states.

The paradox you cited does not change the fact that men are more aggressive and risky drivers, drive more often, get in more accidents, and submit more claims than women. These facts cannot be attributed to officer discretion.

Black/white crime stats may very well be distorted. But you are being intellectually dishonest if you will sit there and pretend you don't believe black Americans commit more violent crime per capita than any other race. If you're going to claim otherwise, it is a disservice to your cause because others aren't going to take you very seriously...

Super Handsome East River Livn''s Avatar

Damn it would totally suck going through life wasting your time feeling like a victim.

That isn't a complaint about the 'system.'
    It's a complaint. Point blank.

Those examples were from decades ago. Did blacks get emancipation the first time they tried? Did they get suffrage the first time they tried? Did they get desegregation the first time they tried? If the idea is sound, it is not worth giving up on.
    Lol. In the grand scheme of things, that was recent. Basically a couple generations.

Do you want the honest answer bro? I'm not black, so therefore black interaction with the justice system is not a priority issue for me in my busy life, nor is it for 99% of white people. And you are not going to change that. Your words and protests aren't going to do it. And if you lash out with violence, you'll just create worse stereotypes and alienate those who ARE willing to help.

We are different, and that's okay. You don't have to see things my way, and I don't have to see them yours. But if you believe there is a problem with the current system, create an alternative. I don't know what else to tell you. Anything less, and you're just spinning your wheels. But hey if you somehow find another solution that works, I'll be the first to eat crow.
    Here in lies the problem. To sumarize, you admit that there's a problem, but don't care so long as it doesnt hit your door. The problem is it might and it may cost you or your family.

And since we're being honest here. Understand this. That 99%? Bullshit. The rich elites don't see black and white. They see money and power. And they keep that power by keeping us against each other. We do their dirty work. And we spend so much time pointing fingers at each other, we don't realize that were nothing more than pawns. That includes you my friend.

So you should be concerned. Because if I'm hard up for money and food, I'm coming after YOU. because you're much more easily touched than they are. And they want to keep it that way.

NBA Legend

It's a complaint. Point blank.

Lol. In the grand scheme of things, that was recent. Basically a couple generations.

Here in lies the problem. To sumarize, you admit that there's a problem, but don't care so long as it doesnt hit your door. The problem is it might and it may cost you or your family.

And since we're being honest here. Understand this. That 99%? Bullshit. The rich elites don't see black and white. They see money and power. And they keep that power by keeping us against each other. We do their dirty work. And we spend so much time pointing fingers at each other, we don't realize that were nothing more than pawns. That includes you my friend.

So you should be concerned. Because if I'm hard up for money and food, I'm coming after YOU. because you're much more easily touched than they are. And they want to keep it that way.

Why would you bother go down that path? Im not holding you down. Im not involved in your beefs. And the fact that blacks commit the most crime yet are killed less often by police than whites suggests to me it's not an issue I need to spend my precious time wringing my hands over.

If you feel differently, just move away. I wont stop you. I wont chase after you. Just move away.

As I have said before, we only hear from the black community about the rare problems involving white people. Because then it's an insult. Then it's personal. Black on black? Meh, they dont care. That's not an affront to their pride. But at the hands of a white person? Now we're upset. Now black lives matter.

What do you want? Peace? Or to make everyone acknowledge you and agree with you?

If it's the former - just move away. It's really that simple. The southeast is where African America roots are at anyway. Yall aint attached to Milwaukee and Baltimore. Just move away. That's all.

White people aint gonna dog ya this time. They would help. I promise you. It sounds like you just think it's too embarrassing, or doesnt let you make your point. So if that's whats more important to you, youre prob stuck. But if you just wanna be left to do your thing, with your people... Yall need to just pick somewhere and get together.

Why would you bother go down that path? Im not holding you down. Im not involved in your beefs. And the fact that blacks commit the most crime yet are killed less often by police than whites suggests to me it's not an issue I need to spend my precious time wringing my hands over.

Lol. I didn't mean it in a literal sense in me and you. You'll rob me before I rob you.

If you feel differently, just move away. I wont stop you. I wont chase after you. Just move away.

As I have said before, we only hear from the black community about the rare problems involving white people. Because then it's an insult. Then it's personal. Black on black? Meh, they dont care. That's not an affront to their pride. But at the hands of a white person? Now we're upset. Now black lives matter.

What do you want? Peace? Or to make everyone acknowledge you and agree with you?

If it's the former - just move away. It's really that simple. The southeast is where African America roots are at anyway. Yall aint attached to Milwaukee and Baltimore. Just move away. That's all.
    White people aint gonna dog ya this time. They would help. I promise you. It sounds like you just think it's too embarrassing, or doesnt let you make your point. So if that's whats more important to you, youre prob stuck. But if you just wanna be left to do your thing, with your people... Yall need to just pick somewhere and get together.
    Dude. THIS IS NOT YOURS TO TELL SOMEONE THAT THEY SHOULD JUST LEAVE. You're just as much an immigrant as I am. My forefathers worked just as hard as yours did to get this land to where it is today. Just think about what you're saying. You enter a business partnership with a person. It's thriving. You guys have a disagreement, and he says well if you don't like it just leave. And give him everything. Is that really a fair proposition?

NBA Legend

Lol. I didn't mean it in a literal sense in me and you. You'll rob me before I rob you.

Dude. THIS IS NOT YOURS TO TELL SOMEONE THAT THEY SHOULD JUST LEAVE. You're just as much an immigrant as I am. My forefathers worked just as hard as yours did to get this land to where it is today. Just think about what you're saying. You enter a business partnership with a person. It's thriving. You guys have a disagreement, and he says well if you don't like it just leave. And give him everything. Is that really a fair proposition?

Two years ago I lived in California, now I dont.

I didnt like the politics and the business climate in California, so I moved to Texas. Would I have rather stayed where there's a beach? Yeah. Where the weather is perfect? Yeah. But the people there dont vote the way I vote. So I moved away. It's that simple. All my huffing and puffing wasnt going to change things, and there was an alternative somewhere else. So I moved there. And Im happy.

If you believe white police and court systems profile, have double standards, dont listen to you... Then just go where there arent white police and courts. What's the problem? You are the one unhappy with it, just like I was in Cali. I didnt tell everyone else to move away. I just went somewhere better. Im not telling you to leave the US. Im saying coordinate with all the people who feel there is injustice, and relocate yourselves around each other. To be with people you trust.

Im not being condescending when I say move away. I want you to find resolutions, have peace and be happy. Im not hatin. Im trying to be realistic rather than feel-good. If you dont like something, start something else. Why not? Theres nothing I can do to alter any police officer's psychological wiring. You have an issue but IMO youre not being practical about the options. You can keep complaining and fighting and feeling angry and unfairly treated... Or you can simply take your human resources elsewhere and go to work for each other. What's the problem?
    Last edited by Akrazotile; 08-25-2016 at 02:40 AM.

Two years ago I lived in California, now I dont.

I didnt like the politics and the business climate in California, so I moved to Texas. Would I have rather stayed where there's a beach? Yeah. Where the weather is perfect? Yeah. But the people there dont vote the way I vote. So I moved away. It's that simple. All my huffing and puffing wasnt going to change things, and there was an alternative somewhere else. So I moved there. And Im happy.

If you believe white police and court systems profile, have double standards, dont listen to you... Then just go where there arent white police and courts. What's the problem? You are the one unhappy with it, just like I was in Cali. I didnt tell everyone else to move away. I just went somewhere better. Im not telling you to leave the US. Im saying coordinate with all the people who feel there is injustice, and relocate yourselves around each other. To be with people you trust.

Im not being condescending when I say move away. I want you to find resolutions, have peace and be happy. Im not hatin. Im trying to be realistic rather than feel-good. If you dont like something, start something else. Why not? Theres nothing I can do to alter any police officer's psychological wiring. You have an issue but IMO youre not being practical about the options. You can keep complaining and fighting and feeling angry and unfairly treated... Or you can simply take your human resources elsewhere and go to work for each other. What's the problem?
    I'm not so much showing you ONLY. It's a collective. I'm showing you guys who disagree that there's a problem.

And again. You guys should want to help change the way our justice system handles our people because if we left, they're gonna come after YOU NEXT. Because you are not them.

You are complaining. If I had a nickel for every time a white man tried to say that blacks commit more crime and post stats, I'd be a rich man. It's not that we commit more crime. It's that you muthafukas are let go more.

Nope... you commit a ****load of crimes. Deal with it.

And no, that was YOU ALL burning it down. Baltimore? Ferguson? Pretty sure that was blacks burning down black owned businesses. But let me guess, only the white man is at fault? Black people tear down successful black people. All the time. Don't know why, its fun I guess? Become too successful, talk to eloquent, dress too proper... you get made fun of for not being black enough.

Similar to slavery? Blacks bought, sold, and enslaved other blacks in Africa AND the US then (and even still today), but only white people (a lot of whom didn't even have ancestors living here at the time) are at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Nope... you commit a ****load of crimes. Deal with it.
    And so do you. You guys just get more 2nd chances.

And no, that was YOU ALL burning it down. Baltimore? Ferguson? Pretty sure that was blacks burning down black owned businesses. But let me guess, only the white man is at fault? Black people tear down successful black people. All the time. Don't know why, its fun I guess? Become too successful, talk to eloquent, dress too proper... you get made fun of for not being black enough.
    Blacks DO NOT burn down black owned businesses. That there is the most important problem in the back community. We don't own the businesses in there.

Similar to slavery? Blacks bought, sold, and enslaved other blacks in Africa AND the US then (and even still today), but only white people (a lot of whom didn't even have ancestors living here at the time) are at fault.
    True. But slavery in Africa and Chattel slavery that my ancestors expierenced was two totally different things. Some of the ways you were considered a slave in Africa was if you owed a debt, or if your tribe was defeated in a war. But you were eventually assimilated into that tribe. And you weren't owned. When I get a chance, I'll send you info on it.

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by East River Livn'
    Damn it would totally suck going through life wasting your time feeling like a victim.
    Well what else does he have to do with his time? He doesn't work and collects money from the government. He has no goals and is too stupid to be a normal functioning member of society. So he sits around all day complaining about the justice system like a typical rundown hoodlum with absolutely nothing positive to offer. He could die tomorrow and nobody would give a shit. Hell the world would be slightly better without him.