Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blake Griffin

Default Blake Griffin

Fourth player in history to average 26-8-5 with 35+ percent on 3pt shooting after Bird, Lebron and Durant.

Quietly this guy is having an MVP level season.

Default Re: Blake Griffin

Meanwhile, his team can't even make the playoffs in a conference with only 5 playoff caliber teams. He can't even make his team one of the three guaranteed first round exits if the playoffs began today. I've made threads about this for years, Blake Griffin has been the most disappointing would be/should be superstar of the modern era. He had commercials in his ROOKIE season where he is jumping over a freaking car! The entire world thought he would be the next star. All he has done is get injured anytime his team needed him in the playoffs.

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

Just so the trash threads aren't at the top I'll engage in this discussion

I think it's a bit arbitrary to point out he's shooting 35% from 3 so as to make the list of all time greats he's accompanied with slightly smaller and those greats shots 3's when perimeter defense wasn't banned BUT

Blake is def having one of his best seasons - as is Drummond

Anyone who watches detroit know what their issues are? Weak backcourt? On paper their front line is doing great

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PeroAntic
    Fourth player in history to average 26-8-5 with 35+ percent on 3pt shooting after Bird, Lebron and Durant.

I feel sorry for him ,because obviously he is the team leader, and Detrit , can't put anything around him . ..
    Blake should walk.

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    Meanwhile, his team can't even make the playoffs in a conference with only 5 playoff caliber teams. He can't even make his team one of the three guaranteed first round exits if the playoffs began today. I've made threads about this for years, Blake Griffin has been the most disappointing would be/should be superstar of the modern era. He had commercials in his ROOKIE season where he is jumping over a freaking car! The entire world thought he would be the next star. All he has done is get injured anytime his team needed him in the playoffs.
    Not his fault the teams sucks. Reggie jackson plays like its a pickup game.

National High School Star tanibanana's Avatar

He is absolutely beasting this season.. All-NBA 2nd Team deserving.
    Not an MVP level though. He really has evolved, from a dunker to all around player. Had he had this skills in 2014,could end up winning the MVP award.
    Hoping Detroit earn the 8th spot come playoffs, and face #1 seed Bucks.

Disappointing? The guy became knockdown shooter and playmaker through sheer hard work. For me he surpassed expectations.

That he hasn't gone further in the playoffs is a matter of circumstance little to do with his ability (teammates, injuries)

Disappointing? The guy became knockdown shooter and playmaker through sheer hard work. For me he surpassed expectations.

That he hasn't gone further in the playoffs is a matter of circumstance little to do with his ability (teammates, injuries)

Injuries, yes. Teammates though? That Clippers team was a solid contender for several years. It really is a shame they at least never made the WCF's. IDK, I just expected him to be one of those guys, like a top 5 player in the NBA at worst. And Imo he never has done that.

He doesn't have good players around him? Drummond is an allstar caliber player. The truth is that Griffin is one of those guys that always had good stats but was never the most important player on the team. At best he was the 3rd most important player on those Clipper teams... at best.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

He's putting up great numbers but I'm not a fan of watching his game anymore he could be posting up and going inside much more often but he always settles for the mid-range in the 3-pointer not that there's anything wrong with that cuz he's obviously having a great season

NBA Legend

Injuries, yes. Teammates though? That Clippers team was a solid contender for several years. It really is a shame they at least never made the WCF's. IDK, I just expected him to be one of those guys, like a top 5 player in the NBA at worst. And Imo he never has done that.

He was never gonna rival an elite player like Bron because simply his arms are too short to box with LeGod.

The amount of skill he’s developed to compensate is really impressive, but the guy has to work so hard to get buckets inside because he just doesnt have the length in the paint that nearly every other big man does. If his arms were two inches longer he’d legit be knocking on Top 10 alltime I bet.

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

[QUOTE=Akrazotile]H̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶n̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶g̶o̶n̶n̶a̶ ̶r̶i̶v̶a̶l̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶e̶l̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶e̶r̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶B̶r̶o̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶s̶i̶m̶p̶l̶y̶ his arms are too short t̶o̶ ̶b̶o̶x̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶L̶e̶G̶o̶d̶.̶

The amount of skill he

Injuries to teammates also counts why he hasn't gone deeper in the playoffs...

As for his arms' length, if you are one of the strongest players in the league (if not the strongest) it doesn't matter that much.

I definitely wouldn't call it an MVP level season. That's a reach. BUT I do think he should make the all-star team.

High School Varsity 6th Man meat's Avatar

Damn. James Harden missed that club by .003% on threes a couple years ago. Anyways, the season is only half way over. Slow your roll.