Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: David Blatt is going to be a great coach in this league.

You guys know about the Spurs' new assistant coach (no, not the female one)? He's got like 10 pages worth of accomplishments in the Euroleague compared to Blatt. Why the Cavs didn't hire him instead I have no idea. It's like hiring the Phil Jackson of Euroleague versus Avery Johnson...

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    You guys know about the Spurs' new assistant coach (no, not the female one)? He's got like 10 pages worth of accomplishments in the Euroleague compared to Blatt. Why the Cavs didn't hire him instead I have no idea...
    blatt > messina

Quote Originally Posted by SpanishACB
    blatt > messina
    How so? Serious question.

College superstar

You guys know about the Spurs' new assistant coach (no, not the female one)? He's got like 10 pages worth of accomplishments in the Euroleague compared to Blatt. Why the Cavs didn't hire him instead I have no idea. It's like hiring the Phil Jackson of Euroleague versus Avery Johnson...
    Messina barely speaks English and has had enormous difficulties since walking away from CSKA ~5-6 years ago. He even had to resign as coach of Real Madrid after poor performance. Was an asst for Mike Brown when the Lakers ship sank.

Blatt is enormously respected, grew up in the states, played college hoops at Princeton (pretty sharp fella).

Blatt is A) the better coach and B) far better prospect for a head coach in the NBA.

Too bad he's a complete psychopath of a person.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Messina barely speaks English and has had enormous difficulties since walking away from CSKA ~5-6 years ago. He even had to resign as coach of Real Madrid after poor performance. Was an asst for Mike Brown when the Lakers ship sank.

Blatt is enormously respected, grew up in the states, played college hoops at Princeton (pretty sharp fella).

Blatt is A) the better coach and B) far better prospect for a head coach in the NBA.
    Ofcourse he speaks English, you think people at CSKA and Real knew Italian ??

I agree with the rest. He only had succes when he had players like Danilovic and Manu on the team or when he took team that was already best ( CSKA ). By far the most overrated coach.

You were already told that Blatt and about 15 other coaches in Euroleague were better than Messina.

Evidently you are just trolling at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid

FALSE.

Messina speaks English better than lots of American coaches. Blatt is not "enormously respected".

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    Ofcourse he speaks English, you think people at CSKA and Real knew Italian ??
    It never ceases to amaze this idea that no one in Europe speaks English....

Shit is truly hilarious.